Destiny / The Taken King

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
kappisun

Re: Destiny

Post by kappisun »

Can't make 9pm but aiming for 10.30-11pm. Def up for a game Jay, anyone else up for it
Grimsgrams

Re: Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Post by Grimsgrams »

Hey gang, anyone up for a bit of camaraderie on PS4? If so, add Grimsgrams84 to your friends list - I'll be on for a good while today and probably tomorrow as well.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Just played an hour or so on Destiny. Can defo see myself getting into that, might have to wait till I get ps4 later in the year tho. Or possibly look for a bundle deal with it included.

I'll be on it again later 2nite on 360 Rooster V1 if you wanna add me. [VIDEO GAME]
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Played a hour, love it so I'm deleting it I don't want to spoil any of it. Day one purchase for me and I haven't done that for a long time. You can tell the Bungie quality straight away.
James

Post by James »

I'll be on tonight, but on PS4 sadly. I bought a PS4 essentially for this game and I haven't been disappointed; I blew through to Lvl 8 last weekend as a Hunter, but haven't been back in since the shut-down at the beginning of the week.

It's been fun trying to fathom how all of the mission types/levelling/equipment will work in the main game. There's relatively little explanation upfront, which suits me fine as the game plays great with or without understanding the minutiae of the systems. Roll on September the 9th! :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

You can now go to the moon! GO GO GO!

kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Cracking games with Jay last night. I've yet to be bored by this game & even on ps3 it's doing the business. Now do I get ps3 version or wait and get ps4, hmmmm
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Anyone know what time beta ends tonight? I'm nearly at lv8 & want to try out new stuff but not sure in going to have time to play it. Ahhhh
Beck

Post by Beck »

I'm really enjoying the pve stuff but PvP is a bit too squishy for my liking. It seems really unbalanced as a warlock but I've yet to try the other classes
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

kappisun wrote:Anyone know what time beta ends tonight? I'm nearly at lv8 & want to try out new stuff but not sure in going to have time to play it. Ahhhh
I'm guessing but I reckon we'll be alright for tonight as I think they're going by US time for the shutdown.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

JaySevenZero wrote:
kappisun wrote:Anyone know what time beta ends tonight? I'm nearly at lv8 & want to try out new stuff but not sure in going to have time to play it. Ahhhh
I'm guessing but I reckon we'll be alright for tonight as I think they're going by US time for the shutdown.
That would be great, I want to hit lv8, try out some other weapons & have a play around with some other modes/moon area etc
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

kappisun wrote:That would be great, I want to hit lv8, try out some other weapons & have a play around with some other modes/moon area etc
The Moon appears to be locked again. I misunderstood last night, the load testing last night was specifically for that area it seems, so this morning there was a lock symbol showing up on the area again. Nevermind, in five weeks or so we'll have the whole bloody thing and beyond to explore with any luck.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Ah well, still plenty of other fun to be had
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

Really impressed after a few hours on Friday night. I know there'll be a contingent that will say it just copies Borderlands, but I could never get into Borderlands because the guns didn't sit right with me. Destiny doesn't seem to have that problem (oo that shotgun packs a punch), though I think they need to work on their tutorials. I felt pretty lost for the first hour, and it's going to be interesting to see how Bungie-vision advertise in the weeks till release.

After not following much of the coverage prior it does pain me to see that I agree with the Dinklage haters. His delivery doesn't sit right, but it's pretty easy to ignore him.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I wouldn't go as far to say it copies Borderlands but it definitely has something of a familiar vibe in as much as the way the co-op played out. That said, I was getting a ton of vibes from the likes of Halo Reach, Mass Effect (crossover voice actors) and Dead Space - none of which was in any way a bad thing since after playing the beta it convinced me that I'm now gonna have to pick this up on release.
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Something we missed on the moon...

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'll be going retro and getting it on 360 on release.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

OH MY LORDY
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Superb
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Valhalla I'm coming?
Well played bungee, I see what you did there...