Adventures in DIY arcade building

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
KSubzero1000
Guardian

Re: Adventures in DIY arcade building

Post by KSubzero1000 » April 21st, 2017, 12:41 pm

That looks really cool! Are the systems being properly ventilated, though? You of all people should know the old 360 will use every excuse in the book to overheat whenever it can. :D

Joshihatsumitsu
Guardian

Post by Joshihatsumitsu » April 21st, 2017, 1:40 pm

KSubzero1000 wrote:
April 21st, 2017, 12:41 pm
That looks really cool! Are the systems being properly ventilated, though? You of all people should know the old 360 will use every excuse in the book to overheat whenever it can. :D
Very true! The third model I bought, and used in that little cab, is the very unexciting in design but practical E model. My original obviously suffer from the old red-ring syndrome (but replaced for free minus postage). Then I bought the beautiful S model, which got fried when the TV aerial of my group of units got directly struct by lightning (along with other consoles... so many lost save files :( ). And finally the conservative yet reliable E model.

And I think because its the E model ventilation is not too bad. But maybe luck is a factor too. :D

Michiel K
Master Rahool

Post by Michiel K » April 22nd, 2017, 11:00 pm

ratsoalbion wrote:
February 11th, 2017, 10:16 pm
That last one in particular is a wonderful picture!
Agreed.