Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
KSubzero1000

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Hitman appears to be the Deal of the Week on PS4. I was initially going to bypass this one on account of the episodic DLC structure I'm not particularly fond of, but the current price point is rather attractive... I've heard mostly positive things from other stealth game purists (Super Bunnyhop for one) over the years, does anyone here have any strong opinions on it one way or the other? Does it reward careful planning and precise execution(s)?
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

^^^^ All I hear about it from genre fans is good stories.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

There's a 'two games for 70% off' deal on PSN at the moment. You have to select from a limited list of games however. I would expect anybody who was interested would already have Dishonored 2 and Prey Deluxe Edition, but I think you could get both for EUR 24/GBP 20-ish.

Prey Deluxe Edition includes Mooncrash, which is worth that price alone I think.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That sale is an absolute joke to be honest. Project Cars, £45. I picked it up for six quid about two months ago. Lego Batman 3 for £50. Mad Max for £50. Come on now. The games aren't even that price normally on PSN when they're not in a sale!! They've double the price on them then claimed you can get 70% off if you buy two! PSN sales are usually quite good, but this one just leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Mad Max has been PS+ too
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

There is an offer on PSN for a month of PS Now for a pound (but remember to cancel after the month!) if anyone is interested in giving it a go. I've signed up just to test the service really and see what's available.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: September 15th, 2018, 1:19 pm There is an offer on PSN for a month of PS Now for a pound (but remember to cancel after the month!) if anyone is interested in giving it a go. I've signed up just to test the service really and see what's available.
It’s a very good service and there’s a nice variety of games on offer.

My main issue with it is that if you leave it unattended for a few minutes the game shuts down. It’s fine for the modern games which save frequently but not if you’re playing the silent hill hd collection and lose hours of progress because you needed a wee.

I’ve taken to bringing my controller with me to said loo and pressing a few buttons just to keep the PlayStation happy. I’ve been a subscriber for 6 months and have gotten more than my money’s worth of content. It is reaching the end of its usefulness though.

I wish they had save states where you resumed the game at the exact moment you left it. In addition you can’t carry over your physical version’s progress onto ps now or vice versa. Trophy lists are shared though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Simonsloth wrote:
In addition you can’t carry over your physical version’s progress onto ps now or vice versa.
You absolutely can!

Yeah, that time out thing was annoying when I tried it this afternoon. I won't be subscribing at full price more for the fact I have too many games to get through as it is, and I do feel the service would really discourage me from sticking with a game rather than playing them for ten minutes and moving on.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Alex79uk wrote: September 15th, 2018, 1:19 pm There is an offer on PSN for a month of PS Now for a pound (but remember to cancel after the month!) if anyone is interested in giving it a go. I've signed up just to test the service really and see what's available.
I have done that also as I noticed there was a handy list of games I have never played (Ico, Papa and Yo)

Of course all I have played has been final fight and R Type!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It works pretty well I think. I'm going to rinse through Asuras Wrath, which I've wanted to play for ages, and then I may see how far I can get in to a replay of Red Dead before the time runs out!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: September 16th, 2018, 12:15 am It works pretty well I think. I'm going to rinse through Asuras Wrath, which I've wanted to play for ages, and then I may see how far I can get in to a replay of Red Dead before the time runs out!
Azuras wrath is what I subscribed to play!

Im curious how the save can be transferred as ps now doesn’t work on my ps3 and doesn’t recognise my ps plus cloud saves.

Edit: I’ve just done a bit of googling and you are absolutely right! All I need to do is do a bit of legwork on the PS4 side to bring my saves down from the cloud! Things just got interesting!
countstex

Post by countstex »

Just thought I'd highlight one of the game in this weeks Deals with Gold on XBOX.

This is the Police..

It's a very curious game. I've played it some on PC and I'm not yet 100% sure what I think of it, but it is most definitly interesting and worth a look if you like more ofbeat games. Not sure if anyone else here has played it more and could give a better opionion on it?

It's on for about a fiver anyways if you are interested.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Well, with all the Resident Evil games on sale over on Steam, and me having only ever played RE4, and Cane and Rinse doing their whole show-thing, and Halloween coming up, I grabbed Resident Evil 0 through 6 (plus the PS1 versions of 2 and 3 on the Playstation Store).
The steam sale goes for a few more days on all the Resi titles.
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

The Lego Dimensions stuff is half price in Smyths. The Starter Pack is £19.99. Thinking of picking one up for my son for Christmas (and me ha). Anybody have these and is it good value for money. What are the best level packs too?
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

It’s definitely a matter of personal preference but the portal, doctor who and midway arcade packs were my favourite and come with a great amount of content.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I have just been emailed a code for 30% off Fifa 19 digitally on PS4. If anyone wants it let me know. It needs using before the 25th
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ADumican83 wrote: October 10th, 2018, 2:15 pm The Lego Dimensions stuff is half price in Smyths. The Starter Pack is £19.99. Thinking of picking one up for my son for Christmas (and me ha). Anybody have these and is it good value for money. What are the best level packs too?
I noticed these the other day too. Unfortunately, my eldest is possibly a bit too old and my younger two are too young. I really fancied the BTTF and Simpsons sets along with the Batman ones. Im also felt a bit put off trying to get in to what is essentially a discontinued line, which is silly I know as it doesn't mean its any less fun, and it'll all be cheaper!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Game are supposedly doing the One X for £399 with RDR2, FH4 and FM7 plus some free Game Pass time. Starts on Oct 26th.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That’s a nice bundle. If you have a 4K screen I would recommend anyone with a standard XO or XOS upgrade to the X.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

https://www.very.co.uk/xbox-one-x-conso ... 318206.prd

If you use the code 40off it brings it to £369 for The X with Forza 7, Horizon 4 and RDR2. Tempted