Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: Videogame News

Post by Todinho »

So I came across this recently, it's Giger inspired First person shooter and it looks positivily disgusting:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone seen the live action trailer for Far Cry 5? Count me hyped!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

It's going to have to do quite lot to convince me. I adored FC3, my first proper PS3 game after skipping the entire previous gen aside from the DS. I was staggered by the idea of going wherever I could see in the distance, and taking a variety of approaches to take all these camps. I was blown away by it and did absolutely everything, so much so that I have barely played more than an hour of FC4, having bought it on both PS3 and PS4. I never even considered Primal and it even turned me off Dying Light which was remarkably similar.

I hope they bring at least a few new ideas to the table.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

I quite liked Far Cry 2 around the time it came out, and have some fondness for that game even if I have trouble getting back into it ever again.

And Far Cry 4 was the only other Far Cry I played through. On a technical level, there's a lot to admire, but it didn't resonate like 2 did. Maybe it was the age I was at the time, who knows...

While I'm personally all Far Cried out, I'm sure Fry Cry 5 will find it's fan-base.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I'm a Far Cry 2 truther, so FC3 probably counts as my biggest gaming disappointment. :) I haven't played any of them since 3 and that probably won't change.

I need to go back to the PS3 soon to deal with some backlog, so I might do a play through of 2 for old times sake. I'd imagine its flaws will be pretty pronounced at this stage though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Stanshall wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 9:33 pm It's going to have to do quite lot to convince me. I adored FC3, my first proper PS3 game after skipping the entire previous gen aside from the DS. I was staggered by the idea of going wherever I could see in the distance, and taking a variety of approaches to take all these camps. I was blown away by it and did absolutely everything, so much so that I have barely played more than an hour of FC4, having bought it on both PS3 and PS4. I never even considered Primal and it even turned me off Dying Light which was remarkably similar.

I hope they bring at least a few new ideas to the table.
Exactly the same as me, loved FC3 and only played an hour of FC4. As such I reckon I'm ready for another - and especially now Red Dead is delayed it'll tide me over!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

In game trailer:

Well, I think it looks awesome. Bet they're annoyed Red Dead got delayed though.
Joshihatsumitsu

It certainly looks real purty!

As long as there's no honey badgers... goddamn honey badgers...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ha I wouldn't have thought so with it being set in the US.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Not really news I suppose but didn't know where to post this but;

How cool is that new Wipeout advert with the guy washing his sled out on his drive ?!?

Wipeout's style and branding has always had a slick and unique appearance to it, that is clever and timeless. Japanese, future-industrial, sort of thing. Good design.

I always through that a lot of Destiny's in game brands and corporate logos were very Wipeout-like.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 17th, 2017, 8:35 pm It'll be interesting to see how they review, that's for sure.

Fascinating games, incredibly ambitious, but I found them virtually no fun to play now, sadly.

I'm always happy to see classics re-released though, even if I don't want to play them myself - it's important for the history of the medium.
I'm a big fan of Shenmue I. I have the second but have never found the time to play it.

I'm really hoping for a re-release of these together. I would love to play them again! The only part that sucks in Shenmue is the forklift!

Also officially announced, http://www.usgamer.net/articles/etrian- ... y-2018-3ds

Etrian Odyssey 5 Heading West This Fall, SMT: Strange Journey and Radiant Historia in 2018!

These are confirmed for both NA and Europe. Glad the 3ds isn't dead yet.

Speaking of not dead -

Accolade has risen from the grave. and is bringing back......Bubsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZ ... e=youtu.be
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

God....Bubsy....now there's a franchise everyone has been crying out for....

:lol:
Joshihatsumitsu

I feel sorry for the father who has to explain to his children who Bubsy is, why they should be excited, and why their generation must inherit this character, and keep the legend of Bubsy alive!

I have to assume this "father" works at Accolade? ;)
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

So for those in the UK who were asleep

MS announced the Xbox One X - $499 in the US. I don't know the UK or Canadian price :/

Xbox One will now be compatible with OG Xbox games (Love this!)

Cuphead is out in September

Crackdown 3 is out in November.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (prequel)

A new Metro game! (out this year!)

Assassin's Creed Origins was shown - Takes place in Egypt, out in Oct.

Bioware showed off their new game - Anthem (meh)

Ori sequel called Ori and the Will o the Wisps

Looks like a lot of stuff is timed exclusive for the Xbone.

Bethesda:

Announced Doom and Fallout 4 in VR

The Evil Within 2 (Fri Oct 13th)

Skyrim for Switch (with a Zelda outfit)

Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus

Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider (looks like a new game and not dlc, much the same way the new Uncharted spin off is)
James

Post by James »

ThirdDrawing wrote: June 12th, 2017, 7:08 am MS announced the Xbox One X - $499 in the US. I don't know the UK or Canadian price :/
I think I saw £449 for UK. Nothing on Canadian price though. Sorry.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Just when you thought Konami couldnt sink any lower they go and surprise you: http://kotaku.com/report-the-hideo-koji ... 1796012603
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

“You are unfairly sullying the reputation of our company.”
Pretty sure it's you guys who are doing exactly that with your garbage behavior, but what do I know...
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Japanese corporate culture is super super big on the whole not talking shit about each other in public thing,

Many big corporations there have had massive fallouts, but the worst they'll ever say is that they've politely agreed to not work together anymore.

It can feel a little odd to the highly public litigious US corporate culture. But yeah, if you step outside cultural norm in Japan you will find yourself the pariah. Whether you're in the right or not.

It's an odd place.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Flabyo wrote: June 12th, 2017, 8:28 pm But yeah, if you step outside cultural norm in Japan you will find yourself the pariah. Whether you're in the right or not.

It's an odd place.
To be fair, the same can be said of basically every country on earth, to various degrees of course.
Joshihatsumitsu

Well... this bit of news about Konami has put me off buying any future Konami titles.

And by "future Konami titles" I guess that means pachinko? :lol: