Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame News

Post by Alex79 »

New game from That Game Company (Flow, Journey, Flower) announced.....

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... urce=drive

...for iOS only (other formats may follow).
Craig

Post by Craig »

After No Man's Sky had to settle with Sky to use their name I can only imagine the amount of cash apple threw at Murdoch.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm pretty happy about the Okami news. That's one of the very few games I'm happy to buy over and over. I hope we get the limited edition version that Japan is getting, whatever is in that.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Craig wrote: September 13th, 2017, 11:34 am After No Man's Sky had to settle with Sky to use their name I can only imagine the amount of cash apple threw at Murdoch.
Is that true? That's insane. How on earth can you copyright a word like Sky? I mean, it's the Sky!?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Not when it has a capital 'S' apparently:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/ ... e_with_sky
Craig

Post by Craig »

Alex79uk wrote: September 13th, 2017, 3:37 pm
Craig wrote: September 13th, 2017, 11:34 am After No Man's Sky had to settle with Sky to use their name I can only imagine the amount of cash apple threw at Murdoch.
Is that true? That's insane. How on earth can you copyright a word like Sky? I mean, it's the Sky!?
When you have all the money in the world you can do pretty much what you want.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Alex79uk wrote: September 13th, 2017, 3:37 pmIs that true? That's insane. How on earth can you copyright a word like Sky? I mean, it's the Sky!?
You can't.

But you can trademark it for certain contexts.

(Sorry, IP law is an important thing in this biz and the differences between copyright, trademark and patent are subtle but really really important)
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Because there isn't a Bloodborne thread, I'm kinda shoehorning this as Videogame related news... (turns to referee: awaits decision...) :oops:

But if you are a Bloodborne fan, Good Smile have put up preorders for the Hunter (Figma):

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So they announced a new remastered o ZOE and it has a VR mode, I honestly cant think of a more vomit inducing game to play in VR then ZOE 2, just imagining the fights with zero-shift is a nightmare. Good luck to the team making this I cant see it working in anyway:
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: September 21st, 2017, 2:49 am Because there isn't a Bloodborne thread
But of course there is, it'd be a damn shame if there wasn't one!

The figma looks cool, btw.
Joshihatsumitsu

KSubzero1000 wrote: September 21st, 2017, 6:34 am
Joshihatsumitsu wrote: September 21st, 2017, 2:49 am Because there isn't a Bloodborne thread
But of course there is, it'd be a damn shame if there wasn't one!

The figma looks cool, btw.
Oooohhh... cut and paste. :oops:
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Thank god Warner Bros decided to back down from being the most shitty videogame company and now the DLC memorializing Michael Forgey is gonna be free and everyone who bought it is gonna get refunded with WB making donations on it's own( as it always should've been). It's nice to know public outcry can change things at times:
Joshihatsumitsu

For M2 Shot Trigger fans: Mahou Daisakusen from 8ing/Raizing will be getting a release sometime soon (I think?).

And from what I can tell from the official Japanese M2 site, Cave’s Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi will also (perhaps) get the M2 treatment. Granted, there is the PS3 version currently available through PSN, but I’m still curious about what M2 would bring to it.

And of course: big disclaimer!!! Like previous M2 Shot Trigger titles, they will be Japanese PSN only, at least in the foreseeable future.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Guys and girls, I've just watched the new Redemption trailer and I had to come here and post about it! That's right, they're making a spiritual successor to Road Rash, Road Redemption!

Now I used to love the Road Rash games, but do I really want to play it again 25 years later? YES!!

Check it out:

There's a very high chance it might end up being garbage, but on the other hand you get to ride motorbikes at over 200mph and twat people in the face with bats, SO IT DEFINITELY WON'T BE!

:D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Darren did a Quick Rinse of this, back in 2014:

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah blimey, oops, I thought it was new!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well I think this ‘release’ version is new. It was an alpha that dez took a look at.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Former Naughty Dog employee alleges sexual harassment. Cites it as reason for leaving the company.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... ns-emerge/
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

The whole thing is nasty, but it's the behavior of Sony's HR department I find to be particularly revolting. If someone comes to you in need of help and support, how amoral do you have to be to immediately fire them, try to buy off their silence, and (by the look and sound of it) possibly blacklist them? Corporate hierarchical structure sure does bring out the worst in people.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Not to make any excuses for Sony or Naughty Dog but this is a systematic problem it eventually blows up like now and people talk about it but often companies and people just try to bury it under the rug and that's fucked up, bringing more awareness to the issue is good but I dont know if there's anyway to fix it on a systemic level.

On the meanwhile EA continues to be EA and closes Viceral games, they are saying that Amy Henning's game is still happening but it's changing studios but who knows how's that doing: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/17/ ... es-closing