Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: Videogame News

Post by Todinho »

Overall though seems to be quite a big spread of opinion, gonna be an interesting game to talk about in future I think: http://www.opencritic.com/game/1547/mas ... ewId=74000 Being honest though I had 0 interest in this game from the begining but I didnt want it to fail but if you take into consideration how many people left Bioware,including the creator of Mass Effect and the lead writer for Andromeda, I dont think it's that surprising that the game had problems.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

With Breath of the Wild this month and Persona 5 next month, Mass Effect was going up against some pretty amazing competition (or at least in terms of competing for my ever dwindling spare time).

I still haven't started my brand new copy of Toyko Mirage Sessions, which has been patiently sitting on the shelf for months!

It feels a little wrong to complain about being spoilt for choice... :oops:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

SUPER MARIO RUN IS OUT ON ANDROID!!

Sorry, I'm excited, and it went live about 30 seconds ago.

Downloading now!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I have played it, and no I haven't dropped a tenner on it. Whether it's worth it or not is entirely subjective of course, but I won't be paying ten pounds for it. I think I'd feel comfortable with £5.99, but on a mobile platform where there are so many cheaper alternatives, it's not like I'm short of things to play.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Every time I update apps on my iPhone, I'm reminded that I have Mario Run on it. Otherwise I've kinda forgotten about it. I mean, it's alright, does what is says on the packet...
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Now I'm back on iPhone (a short foray into Android was ill-fated) I've got my apps back, and I've tried Super Mario Run - it's great for what it is, which is an endless runner, which I'm not that into. It just makes me want to play a proper Mario game. Polished though.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I've got it for iPhone and having played through it, I'm happy with the price I paid. The real meat of the game is getting the special coins and toad rally.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the developer Watermelon? A few years ago they made a new JRPG for the Megadrive called 'Pier Solar'. Was sold on cart to run on the real hardware. It's pretty cool.

After that they announced their next game would be a side scrolling fighting game a la Streets of Rage, showed a few screens, then it all went quiet.

Until now. Welcome to Paprium

Warning: if you're on headphones, turn them down before you watch the video on there :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That looks great, but it's a shame there's not an option for a Rom purchase for people who no longer have their Megadrive.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Daytona USA is on PS Now and Xbox One via Backwards compatibility. Also gives me a chance to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWnzfA9AqrA
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

How did I miss this?! That's made my bloody day that has :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Are you on Facebook?
Like our page for gaming news (we posted this ages ago)!
:P
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Despite working in marketing and creative industries for over a decade, where everyone's tweetbooking and snapgramming each other like nobodies business, I am a complete social media luddite sir!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ha, no worries!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

MadCatz were delisted from the NYSE earlier this week, and today they've filed for bankruptcy.

If you wanted one of their arcades sticks, there might be a bunch cheap for a short while as the liquidators clear asset to get some cash back, but after that...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Blimey that's a shame, they've been making stuff for almost as long as I can remember! I've got one of their good PS3 fight sticks. It remains criminally underused.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I always associate MadCatz with garish, ugly, bright Dreamcast pads. As I had one.

Although I know they did make some pretty decent fighting sticks a bit later on.

Still, it's pretty sad to hear they've gone.

1st party is seemingly always better than any 3rd party stuff I've used, although that said, I have a pretty decent HORI Pokken fight pad, which feels quality.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Yeah, the days of MadCatz being a maker of trashy joypads were some time ago. Their sicks and pads from the 360 era on were pretty solid, especially the premium arcade sticks.

It leaves a pretty sizeable hole in the market though now. Hori high end stuff is generally pretty good, but their cheaper end stuff is poor. And neither Qanba or Razer make anything for people who don't want to drop upwards of 200 quid.

The industry is pretty harsh sometimes, MadCatz taking the fall for Rockband 4 while Harmonix manage to avoid most of the fallout. Harmonix actually have a pretty interesting project with Hasbro going on at the moment that I read about in Edge this month.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

We'll be getting news on Xbox Scorpio at some point this week.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Totabiscuit proving how youtubers can be an important and positive influence on this industry