Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
DomsBeard

Re: Videogame News

Post by DomsBeard » October 7th, 2018, 6:25 am

https://kotaku.com/skybound-will-finish ... 1829579540

So the final season of The Walking Dead will now be finished via Skybound apparently with ex Telltale staff. :)

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » October 7th, 2018, 2:20 pm

DomsBeard wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 6:25 am
https://kotaku.com/skybound-will-finish ... 1829579540

So the final season of The Walking Dead will now be finished via Skybound apparently with ex Telltale staff. :)
Fantastic. A happy end to a sad story.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » October 19th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Gamesmaster and Games TM magazine to close down: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -shut-down

That's a shame. Hadn't read GM in years but Games TM I always enjoyed on the rare occasion I picked up a copy. Fortunately it seems that most the staff will be picked up by other publications, but a shame to see two long standing magazines bite the dust.

It'll come to all of them though, unfortunately. The excitement of getting a magazine and looking through the reviews and previews has all but vanished these days. They can't possibly contain up to date and breaking news, and any previews have hit the internet often weeks before print picks them up. The only thing magazines have left really going for them is special features - which is why Retro Gamer is still so appealing to me. But, with each generation passing, it does seem like print media will die a very slow, drawn out death.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard » October 19th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Alex79uk wrote:
October 19th, 2018, 3:51 pm
Gamesmaster and Games TM magazine to close down: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -shut-down

That's a shame. Hadn't read GM in years but Games TM I always enjoyed on the rare occasion I picked up a copy. Fortunately it seems that most the staff will be picked up by other publications, but a shame to see two long standing magazines bite the dust.

It'll come to all of them though, unfortunately. The excitement of getting a magazine and looking through the reviews and previews has all but vanished these days. They can't possibly contain up to date and breaking news, and any previews have hit the internet often weeks before print picks them up. The only thing magazines have left really going for them is special features - which is why Retro Gamer is still so appealing to me. But, with each generation passing, it does seem like print media will die a very slow, drawn out death.
Yeah really sad. I have(had?) subbed to Games TM for over 10 years (across 2 publishers)

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard » October 19th, 2018, 5:22 pm

https://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

Golden Joystick Awards open

I genuinely voted for Detroit as my Playstation GOTY

Weird how Forza 4 is there but Assassins Creed isn't and they came out the same week

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » October 19th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Shakedown Hawaii, the long in development sequel to Retro City Rampage, launches early next year.

RCR was kind of a fun idea, but never really managed to be much fun in practice. This looks gorgeous, so let's just hope they managed the gameplay side of things, too!

Cross buy on PS4 and Vita is always welcome too. I'll grab anything half decent on Vita at this point!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10 ... -year/amp/

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 » October 19th, 2018, 10:48 pm

The millions of daily Metal Gear Survive players may finally rejoice at the thought of adorning their avatar with the conspicuously underused Pyramid Head helmet, alongside a whole slew of various Castlevania and Silent Hill items.

...Konami, please. Have some self-respect.

Chopper

Post by Chopper » October 20th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Yesss!

*reinstalls*

Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu » October 20th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Come on Konami... add pachinko machines to Survive! Don't hold back!

I was trying to think of other Konami franchises, and really, there's not a lot that they actually own. Years of third-party IP doesn't leave much in the coffers.

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo » October 20th, 2018, 10:36 pm

Konami have a lot of dormant stuff from the 80s and early 90s arcade scene, as do Namco. But none of that is really worth working up into something over just doing new IP really.

Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu » October 20th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Very true.

In other news Cuphead is out on Mac (via Steam), and is on special this week! As a non-Xbone customer, this is a much cheaper option for me.

Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu » October 26th, 2018, 11:31 pm

Not really news... but I likes a good joke :D : Season 2 of Castlevania Just Season 1 Upside Down