Rare Replay

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Re: Rare Replay

Post by James »

Fine, I'll bloody well order this ridiculously good value collection of great games I (mostly) haven't played.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

;)
fieldy

Post by fieldy »

ratsoalbion wrote:I've ordered my copy from Amazon for £17.99. RIDICLEEOUS!
:o

apart from the orange box this may well be the best deal in videogames history! even if PD zero is in there :D

going to order mine soon!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote:Fine, I'll bloody well order this ridiculously good value collection of great games I (mostly) haven't played.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

;)
My job here is done.
UtterBiblio

Post by UtterBiblio »

I'm all over this. Dezm0nd constantly tweeting about it has helped with my decision making. However, the fact that I can play Viva Pinata again is the ultimate selling point.
James

Post by James »

Once a Rare employee, always a Rare employee! :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Watched the 90 minute stream of Rare Replay last night and it looks a joy. They booted up all types of games but they definitely satisfied my curiosity by booting up the N64 games which aren't already released but also an Xbox 360 game from the collection.

Blast Corps and Conker didn't show widescreen support but you can remove the art border for a full 4:3 screen in 1080p.

Xbox 360 game loaded from Rare Replay boots into the Xbox 360 startup logo and then has a screen which synchronises your achievement and save data.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Yup I pre ordered the digital version last night. Couple £ more but I like not having to change disks about plus I'm incredibly lazy.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Wow, I must've missed that. I watched two of their live streams and literally every other question was DLC. It makes perfect sense, really. I'd love to see them add their handheld stuff to it. Whilst most of it is hit and miss, Sabrewulf on the GBA remains a top quality platformer, which according to the Twitch chat, is rather pricey on ebay. I'd love for more people to experience it.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

If we can get a few Nuts and Bolts game nights going I'll be a happy gamer!

Love that game! :P
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

Well, if I wasn't sold before...

--Dan
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

When shall we plan for a B-K N&B game night, then? Definitely up for checking this out as it completely passed me by before.
fieldy

Post by fieldy »

I'm in :D
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

I'm up for that. I loved N and B but didn't play multiplayer. Loads of games I haven't played on Rare replay though. Gonna start with Blast Corps. Any other recommendations Dez?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Might be worth waiting till they latch in twin stick co trolls for jet force Gemini before starting that.

In terms of recommendations, solar jetman is a good one from the nes days many people won't have played. Battle toads arcade interests me, as it's about the only one on thee I've never played...
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Yeah, JFG is a bit of a pig to control and judging by the live streams they've been doing, it'll be enhanced quite a bit with the twin stick control scheme. However, if you wish to experience it how it was on the N64, check it out. The game was incredibly ambitious to the point where it kind of started falling apart on itself.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've read in more than one place now that the emulation performance of one or two 360 titles is currently well below par, with Nuts & Bolts running especially poorly.

Hopefully it'll get a patch (the emulation part of the Xbox One's firmware that is).
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

That would explain why they didn't show some of the Xbox 360 back compat feature during the live streams. Hope it's all hunky dory when I get my copy although honestly, I won't be leaving Blast Corps/JFG for a while.
James

Post by James »

Hmm. I pre-ordered last week with Amazon, but yesterday received an email saying the expected delivery date had been delayed until 10th August. They are currently showing that they won't have stock until tomorrow.

Wishful thinking, maybe, but is it possible Amazon sold out of their stock?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Possible, demand for it does seem to be very high. I went for digital in the end, for the sake of a couple of quid it wasn't much of a downer.