Bloodborne

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
chase210

Re: Bloodborne

Post by chase210 »

Bloodborne gets a boost with the pro boost mode on firmware 4.50. Which is very exciting.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

You know those...
Spoiler: show
...massive floating monster things that you can see once the red moon comes (Amygamala or something like that?) can you kill them? They just seem to sit there doing nothing at the moment.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

No, I don't think you can interact with them in any meaningful way. Not with those who are just sitting there clutching the buildings, at least...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I tell you what, the Unseen Village can FUCK right off. It's ruining the game :(
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Alex79uk wrote:It's ruining the game
Blasphemy! No such thing could ever be. :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The enemies keep respawning and I can't find the bell ringer!? It's a horrible area. I found the boss in the Nightmare Frontier, also, but haven't managed to beat it yet. Only had two attempts, mind. I've kinda got these two areas and the Forsaken Castle on the go at the moment. None of which I'm getting much done in!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

The Unseen Village does have a bit of a weird layout, but the bell-ringing women are definitely not unreachable or anything. You wouldn't happen to be struggling with the area just before the stairs guarded by the laser-shooting Amygdala by any chance, now would you? Is there a locked cage further down? Because I did struggle with that area quite a bit myself. If so, try looking for a small platform you could be jumping down to when you're on the side of the roof with all the plants and statues (just before the stairs).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's literally the bit straight after the lantern, where you turn right down a wide staircase and there's a big Amygdala which uses a vortex if you get too close. Just can't get past it!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I think I'm heading towards the final stretch of this now. I'm unsure of how to progress at this point though. So far, I've...
...Just beaten Darkbeast Paarl in the Unseen Village. A shortcut has opened up back to Old Yharnam, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to go that way.

I've got the Nightmare Frontier and Castle Cainhurst open to me at the moment, but both of these are optional areas aren't they? I've also opened up the Upper Cathedral Ward. I fully intend to clear these three areas, but not sure where I'm meant to be heading story-wise at the moment?

In the Unseen Village I've got a feeling I may have missed a section out. From the second lamp where you overlook a balcony and there are three enemy hunters below, I sneaked past them and down some steps and through a cellar to come out next to the boss, Paarl. Do I need to be going back and exploring that area more?
Ta!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Seems to me like you've got it all pretty much figured out already! :)
Nightmare Frontier, Cainhurst Castle and Upper Cathedral Ward are indeed optional (but strongly recommended) areas. And the main path does continue somewhere in the Unseen Village. Paarl isn't the main boss of that area. Keep looking! Also, you might want to go snoop around Cathedral Ward (where you fought Amelia) for a certain NPC's quest line, depending on whether or not you started it earlier.
PS: What level are you? STR or DEX? What's your favourite weapon? Have you found the DLC area yet?
James

Post by James »

Yep, seems like you're making good headway, Alex.

If you haven't already, you definitely need to go tackle those three hunters to open up the rest of the Unseen Village. And, as KSubzero1000 says, the optional and DLC areas are highly recommended (even if you save them for later on).
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

One might even be so bold as to claim... the entire game is highly recommended.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've beaten the Amygdala now. Currently stuck at the three hunters in the Unseen Village. I've not played it in about a week though, so I must go back to it before I lose the flow. Pretty pleased I've managed to solo every boss so far though, in fact I only summoned once and that was by accident haha. I've not got the DLC, I just got the standard game. Is the DLC available to play once you see the credits roll or does it reset to NG+? I've been grinding blood in the lecture building for a while on remote play whilst watching TV. Got almost a million blood at the moment!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: PS: What level are you? STR or DEX? What's your favourite weapon? Have you found the DLC area yet?
Think I'm about level 80. I've been mainly using the Hunter Axe at +6, but also got Ludvigs Holy Blade up to +5 too. I've been mainly piling in to strength which is at about 38, but also a fair bit in to dex as well. Haven't bothered with arcane or bloodtinge at all as they didn't seem relevant to my build.

EDIT: and I've done a chalice dungeon as well.
James

Post by James »

Alex79uk wrote:I've beaten the Amygdala now. Currently stuck at the three hunters in the Unseen Village. I've not played it in about a week though, so I must go back to it before I lose the flow. Pretty pleased I've managed to solo every boss so far though, in fact I only summoned once and that was by accident haha. I've not got the DLC, I just got the standard game. Is the DLC available to play once you see the credits roll or does it reset to NG+? I've been grinding blood in the lecture building for a while on remote play whilst watching TV. Got almost a million blood at the moment!
Doing almost everything solo is pretty impressive. You'll roll into NG+ straight after credits, so make sure you've done everything you want to before you hit the final boss encounter (it'll be fairly obvious, but once you have a weapon at +9 you can probably tackle any of the optional areas).

For the three hunters, they are really tough. Getting a backstab and visceral attack on one of them before you've aggro'd them is a good start, then try to separate them. I hope that's generic enough advice - I don't want to spoil the fun of persisting and beating them your own way. :-)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just went back to this after a few weeks away from it. Polished off that trio of Hunters first time :D

Onwards!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Fairly productive couple of hours with this tonight. I beat The One Reborn (first go!!)...
...and also the Celestial Emmisary (also first go, but wasn't really much of a boss!)

I know there is another boss in the Upper Cathedral Ward, but I've looked everywhere and I can't find it! So I went off to the Forsaken Castle and made some progress there at last. I'm holding off the Nightmare Of Mensis (although I did have a quick scout round) for now because I'm worried I'm getting close to the end of the game and have ran out of optional areas after the Castle, and I don't want to end yet!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Try the Window after the celestial emissary in upper Cathedral Ward ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Good night on this again - I finished Castle Cainhurst, then went back to do Ebrietas, Daughter Of The Cosmos (thanks for the pointer, Todinho!)

The Cainhurst boss was easy, but Ebrietas was probably the hardest fight so far in the game I think. It took me about 12 goes. I also completed Alfred's quest line tonight.

That's everything except the final stage cleared now. It's been an awesome time.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Had a great experience on this last night. I was in the Nightmare Of Mensis, near the starting lamp, and I was invaded. The first and only time I've been invaded in my entire 40 hour playthrough so far. The guy materialised in my world, and did the standard pre-duel Souls game bow. I thought it would be funny to do a cheerful wave back to him. He stood there for a second, probably thinking who's this idiot, then waved back and did the point emote. Then he started running, so I followed him. He led me straight to a second lamp I'd not seen before and pointed at it. I did the triumph emote. Then he bowed, I bowed, and we started circling each other for a duel (which I won). It was an awesome thing, the likes of which you don't get it any other game series at all.