Splatoon 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Re: Splatoon 2

Post by James »

Ah, shows what I know. I've made it to the heady heights of Level 2, so can't even buy gear yet!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I've actually found people in the lower ranks have been rather competent compared to the first game. The skill level obviously still isn't particularly high, but it seems that people at least understand the objective and are aware of what's going on around them to some extent. In Sploon 1, even though it has the same level 10 barrier to entry, when you start off in C- it's basically no contest if you're thinking about the game more than "shoot the enemy colour so it's your colour". Like in Splat Zones, if you had a weapon with a Sprinkler sub, you just throw that somewhere that's not right in the line of sight of the enemy, and you've basically won. I even found this when I played C- some time after the game was already out around a friend's. People still hadn't cottoned on. Maybe the competition is better this time around because people have experience from the first game and know what they're doing. Couldn't say though. I imagine that this is the first time with Splatoon for many players.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

And so in all three regions the Splatfest was won by Mayo.

This despite Ketchup winning the popular vote portion by at least 30% in each region.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Booooo
Suits

Post by Suits »

Win.
Suits

Post by Suits »

There was a fairly chunky update released for this recently, could be a good time to jump back in perhaps.

Sadly I think the last time I played this was our C&R game night back in the summer.

We should plan something for the new year maybe.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

I'm still playing this a fair bit and loving it. There's a bunch of people on the Computer Game Show Discord who organise occasional games, often around Salmon Run or Splatfest times, so that's kept me playing. That C&R night was great though. Would love to do that again.

Plus I also find it's a game you can just drop in and play with random players without it denting your enjoyment. In fact, sometimes I prefer it that way, as you can see someone be totally amazing and learn from them or equally you may save the day unexpectedly.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The most recent patch adds a quality of life change I can't believe it's taken them this long to add:

You can now change weapons between rounds without leaving the matchmaking lobby.

There's also a lot more maps in the rotation now, a bunch brought in from Splatoon 1 (like the skate park) and some completely new ones (the one on the ship tests your vertical movement skills, the one in the supermarket has way more ground to cover than normal)
Suits

Post by Suits »

seansthomas wrote: November 28th, 2017, 8:49 am Plus I also find it's a game you can just drop in and play with random players without it denting your enjoyment. In fact, sometimes I prefer it that way, as you can see someone be totally amazing and learn from them or equally you may save the day unexpectedly.
It's the sort of game that I find I need an excuse to play for some reason.

But then when I do, I always really enjoy it - strange those sort of games :roll: .