Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Post by dezm0nd »

To be honest mate, at this point I've nearly maxed them out. Didn't even know I could reset! Woops. :)

The music is genuinely brilliant yes. The desert level is like Gobi's Valley Pinata Kazooie 64. It's some of Kirkhopes best.
Suits

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Post by Suits »

I'm at 4-4 and starting to feel sad that I'm approaching the end.

Thoroughly enjoyable game.
dezm0nd

Re: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Post by dezm0nd »

Played some co-op with a 7 year old yesterday. Quite confusing for a kid but ultimately we won a few battles!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Ended up beating this last night. The game really benefits from short breaks and coming back with a clearer mind to approach battles.

A real challenge but an enjoyable one throughout
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

dezm0nd wrote: September 11th, 2017, 7:24 am Ended up beating this last night. The game really benefits from short breaks and coming back with a clearer mind to approach battles.

A real challenge but an enjoyable one throughout
I've done the first two Worlds and the challenge levels from 2/3s of them. Some of them are really tough...
Suits

Post by Suits »

Rolled the credits on this this evening.

I enjoyed this a lot. I very much thought it played to the strengths of the system and pick up and play nature.

Would have been great launch title I think.

I'd not insist that people play it, although I'd certainly recommend it :) .
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Beat World 3 and most of the challenges now. Interest is waning a bit so may do something else prior to tackling World 4.

NVC suggested last week that they let this team do a Mario RPG reboot. That would be ace.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I think 4 Worlds was just right for this game, 3 would have been to short of main story content I think but like you say, I started to feel a bit fatigued by it towards the end.

World 4 was fun though, I very much enjoyed it's battles and twists.

I only did the challenges up to the 2nd world, with the plan that if things got a bit sticky, I'd go back to pick up more skill points.

I did have visions of going back through the worlds and doing bits and bobs but ultimately once I'd finished it - I was done with it and felt satisfied by the experience.

Plus Metroid 2 was due out the next day and planned to play that.
Barlow

Post by Barlow »

I've found this game incredibly enjoyable.
Did everyone enjoy the song of the world three boss? I had to restart that battle just to show my wife. Great references to past games and the humour makes me laugh which I was not expecting from the rabbids.
Challenge level has been pretty high I haven't played a strategy RPG since enemy unknown years ago.
I hang my hat on the easy mode rack of shame.
On world 4-3 now!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Barlow wrote: September 19th, 2017, 4:51 pm I've found this game incredibly enjoyable.
Did everyone enjoy the song of the world three boss? I had to restart that battle just to show my wife. Great references to past games and the humour makes me laugh which I was not expecting from the rabbids.
Challenge level has been pretty high I haven't played a strategy RPG since enemy unknown years ago.
I hang my hat on the easy mode rack of shame.
On world 4-3 now!
Yeah the music is amazing. It's my favourite thing about the game.

On World 4-5 now. Last few levels have been tough but fun.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I recently had a friend come down and stay for a few days, mainly to come and play Mario Odyssey really :lol: .

Once he’d had a good go at that, then help me up my moon count on my save, he wanted to have a go at M&R.

I left him play the first world on his own save to get to grips with it, then we tried the co-op story mode.

It’s really very good. It has its own set of levels and challenges.

It puts 2 teams of 2 together and you take on the missions, four in each world.

It also seemed to piggy back off my main story unlocks and coins, meaning we could put together some great teams and mess about with things.

It also gets very challenging, to the point that we had to go back a few levels after jumping ahead to a harder world after we cake walked the first.

Anyway, just thought I’d say that the couch co-op on this is very enjoyable and my mate was well impressed with the synergies that you could create with the team moves (he’s a bit of a XCOM fan).