Games Completed 2018

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Combine Hunter

Re: Games Completed 2018

Post by Combine Hunter »

Spoiler: show
10/02 - Final Fantasy II (PS Vita)
04/30 - Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
10/03 - Celeste (Switch)
10/03 - Monster Hunter World (PS4)
13/03 - Bioshock: Infinite - Burial at Sea Episode 2
17/03 - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS Vita)
13/04 - Final Fantasy III (PS Vita)
23/04 - God of War (PS4)
02/05 - StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)

Bit of disappointing end, to what is otherwise my favourite RTS ever made.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Alex79uk wrote: March 17th, 2018, 10:29 amJAN - Dear Esther (PS4)
JAN - Lumino City (Android)
MAR - Dark Souls 3 (PS4)
MAR - What Remains Of Edith Finch (PS4)
MAR - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4) MAR - Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
APR - Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (PS4)
MAY - Shadow Of The Colossus (PS4)

Well, it's still an absolute masterpiece. From the moment Wander lands in that world, to the moment he leaves, it's just an epic journey with some truly awesome battles.

It's not perfect, it's still a total drag hunting for some of the more difficult to find Colossi, but the end payoff is always worth the frustration of getting a bit lost now and then. As I was fighting the final creature, I must have fallen all the way to the bottom at least ten times, and I was still thinking how annoying he was, but when you deliver that final blow all of that annoyance gives way to a tremendous sense of satisfaction and achievement.

And... I had totally forgotten the ending sequence! I'm pleased to report it remains in my top ten of all time with no doubts at all.

What a game.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

04/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Normal)
05/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Jetstream Sam DLC (Normal)
06/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Blade Wolf DLC (Normal)
10/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard)
14/01 - Killer Is Dead (Hard)
18/01 - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
20/02 - Okamiden
23/02 - Bayonetta 2 (Normal)
27/02 - Shadow of the Colossus
02/03 - Monster Hunter World
06/03 - Snake Pass
08/03 - Deus Ex: The Fall
10/03 - Bayonetta 2 (Hard)
22/03 - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
28/04 - Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth
03/05 - Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Unfortunately at the end of this I was left feeling rather nonplussed. It's fine. Not bad, but not great either. On the positive end of okay. It stays away from any serious lows, but doesn't really hit any particularly memorable highs either. One serious problem it does have is one that generally puts me off JRPGs, in that it's terribly paced. It drags a whole lot in the latter portions, simply because there's just so much filler content. The kingdom building stuff gets very tiresome after a while, as it just seems kind of endless without any real point to it. You end up drowning in sidequests too, which are all just boring fetch quests. I tried for a while to just focus on the main story as I was getting bored of the side stuff, but it forces you to do a certain amount to keep up with the levelling curve. So in the latter portions of the game I had to spend a lot more time than I wanted to mashing through dialogue that wasn't worth reading, and looking at online guides for where to find a certain item for the quest.

The main story too is a bit bland. It maintains that simple, fairy-tale tone throughout, and doesn't really go in any interesting places. The closest it gets to anything like that is one arc where you come across one kingdom that is run like a giant company, where the leader is overworking people and everyone is going on strike. But like all the other major arcs, it ties up neatly in the end without really exploring any deeper issue. Characters themselves are fairly shallow too. They're not annoying or anything, and there are a couple of amusing moments with them throughout the story, but in general I never really warmed to any of them much. I was lead to believe the story would go in some interesting places towards the finale, but that didn't happen. Not that I was surprised, or even necessarily disappointed by that. I was just hoping the game would try to take things up a notch, but it was pretty clear playing it that it was meaning to carry on as it had been throughout.

On a gamplay front, again, it's basically fine. The core combat feels responsive and flashy enough, but it's basic, and doesn't really evolve as the game goes on. I've heard people say this game is too easy, and that it would be improved if it was a bit more challenging. And while it is definitely very easy, I don't think that changing the difficulty would really improve the experience much. It needed to be more varied, and introduce meaningfully different stuff as the game went on. Not in the usual JRPG way of just piling systems upon systems, but at least something that gave it some kind of quirk. Although, to be as fair as I can, late on in the game you get a new party member who can summon a drone to attack alongside them, or put down an AoE healing machine. It hardly transforms the combat in to anything that requires any kind of thought or variance in tactics, but it's something. In terms of the other gameplay features, I wasn't a fan. As I've said, the kingdom management stuff is dull and tedious. Basically just accruing more resources and watching timers. The skirmish mode was entirely forgettable. I barely did it past the early points of the game. It seems to make you go out of your way to properly engage with it, unlike the other gameplay systems. That's something I wasn't interested in doing.

Playing this game has made me think about my relationship to JRPGs though, and I realised a few things. For one, I think FF15's awkward, half-finished structure actually ended up making me appreciate it more when compared to this. Just at the point where I felt like I was getting tired of the slow pace of that game, it threw me in to those latter sections where things pick up way faster. Something you could rightly criticise as a tonal whiplash that makes the game feel rushed and incomplete, but was a boon for me in terms of keeping my attention. Definitely better than NNK2 where things gradually get so bogged down in unnecessary fluff the longer it goes on. The combat and general gameplay are another point that comes to mind. For a while, a long time ago, I was really interested in finding any JRPG that had action style combat. Such a thing was hard to find, and even harder to find one that actually did it well. These days, that is both something that I have less desire to go looking for, but is also much more common, with the likes of Nier or FF15, etc. In comparison to those, NNK2 feels kind of basic, or unimaginative. Yet I bet if this game came around a decade ago, I would have appreciated it much more in that respect.
MajorGamer

Post by MajorGamer »

Jan 1 - Neon Chrome (PC)
Jan 2 - Dispersio (PC)
Jan 9 - Numbus (PC)
Jan 11 - Hero Siege (PC)
Jan 14 - Castle of no Escape 2 (PC)
Jan 20 - Toy Odyssey (PC)
Jan 23 - 20XX (PC)
Jan 25 - Battle Chef Brigade (Switch)
Jan 29 - Kamiko (Switch)
Feb 1 - Guild of Dungeoneering (PC)
Feb 3 - KByte (PC)
Feb 7 - Cat Quest (Switch)
Feb 11 - DYE (PC)
Mar 7 - The End is Nigh (Switch)
Mar 10 - Shadow Warrior 2 (PC)
Mar 16 - The Keep (PC)
Mar 17 - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (PC)
Mar 18 - Hue (PC)
Mar 22 - Song of the Deep (PC)
Mar 28 - Metro: 2033 Redux (PC)
Apr 4 - Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King (Switch)
Apr 6 - Xeodrifter (Switch)
Apr 8 - Has-Been Heroes (Switch)
Apr 14 - Slime-san (Switch)
Apr 20 - ReThink (PC)
Apr 22 - Little King's Story (PC)
Apr 24 - Headlander (PC)
Apr 28 - Dex (PC)

A fairly basic cyberpunk game. The story is fine for what is there but there won't be any surprises for those that are familiar with the genre. Exploring the town can be slightly annoying since there are areas you can't go to even if there is no physical barrier in the way if you lack the quest for what is there. The combat is very simple, relying on getting close to your enemy and blocking until they attack and then counter, rinse and repeat for every enemy in the game. This ultimately falls into an "okay" game that doesn't do anything to make itself stand out.

Apr 30 - SUPERHOT (PC)

Speaking of standing out, this is the most innovative shooter in years. Time moves slowly when not moving, letting you plan and dodge the incoming bullets and ultimately take out your enemies. One hit kills on both sides (well, your punches take 3 hits). After each level is finished you get a reply of the entire thing without the slow-mo which can make you look like a badass. Where the game falls flat for me is the variety. It has a fantastic concept but doesn't do all that much with it. Not helped you can easily beat this in under 2 hours. There are challenges but they are minor modifications on the main levels, some of which don't really change how things play out. It is a good time for what it is but wish there was more to it.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Jan - Mega man 3
Jan - Mega man 4
Jan - Mega man 5
Jan - Mega man 6
Jan - Mega man 7
Jan - Mega man 8
Jan - Mega man 9
Jan - Mega man 10
Jan - Horizon: Zero Dawn
Jan - Metal Slug XX
Jan - Dead Rising: Case Zero
Jan - Talespin
Jan - Darkwing Duck
Jan - Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Jan - Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers 2
Jan - DuckTales
Jan - DuckTales 2
Feb - Wild Guns Reloaded
Feb - Bound
Feb - Quantum Break
Feb - Monster Hunter: World
Feb - Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain
Feb - Steins;Gate 0 (platinum)
Mar - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (story and arcade)
Apr - Tekken 7
Apr - Ratchet & Clank (2016)
May - Resident Evil – Code: Veronica X
May - Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Alex79uk wrote: March 17th, 2018, 10:29 amJAN - Dear Esther (PS4)
JAN - Lumino City (Android)
MAR - Dark Souls 3 (PS4)
MAR - What Remains Of Edith Finch (PS4)
MAR - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4) MAR - Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
APR - Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception
MAY - Shadow Of The Colossus (PS4)[/b]

MAY - Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Full disclosure, I am a huge Uncharted apologist. Sure, I can see the flaws, and I listen to the arguments, but I just adore this series. The characters, the worlds, the exploring, the shooting, I love it all - and this, this just might be the series finest hour. Probably the biggest credit I can give this game is that not once in its eight hour roller-coaster ride did I catch myself wishing Drake was on the scene. The chemistry between Chloe and Nadine is perfect for the screen, and the short running time of the game means there wasn't a wasted second or slow point anywhere to be found.

Structurally, it sticks pretty close to the tried and tested formula, although it does give you a huge open world to play around in at around a third of the way through. I spend three hours on this section alone, finding all the tokens and treasures. If Naughty Dog had given us nothing but this section as DLC, they'd have still got away with it. As it is, that open world is just a small part of probably the tightest, most action packed Uncharted release yet. The set pieces are incredible. We've seen Drake run atop speeding trains before, but this time was more bombastic, more adrenaline fuelled and more fun than any other. The story was as good as any other we've seen in the series yet (and make of that what you will), the climbing even more refined and smooth than in U4, and the puzzles didn't once feel like they broke up the flow of the game.

All in all, Naughty Dog have done an incredible job of showing that there is life after Drake for Uncharted, and I for one cannot wait to see what they do next. If we get a shorter, more action packed adventure like this every couple of years, I'm all in.

Brilliant.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

04/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Normal)
05/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Jetstream Sam DLC (Normal)
06/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Blade Wolf DLC (Normal)
10/01 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard)
14/01 - Killer Is Dead (Hard)
18/01 - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
20/02 - Okamiden
23/02 - Bayonetta 2 (Normal)
27/02 - Shadow of the Colossus
02/03 - Monster Hunter World
06/03 - Snake Pass
08/03 - Deus Ex: The Fall
10/03 - Bayonetta 2 (Hard)
22/03 - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
28/04 - Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth
03/05 - Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
05/05 - Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Nero/Dante - Devil Hunter)

Yup, still an absolute blast to play. I have started a run with Vergil too, but I doubt I'll play this through six times in a row like I did last time. This time I did try to make more of an effort to use Dante's other weapons aside from Rebellion, since I always tend to neglect them somewhat. They've always felt somewhat clunky and inferior to me. Rebellion just tends to be a better option in most situations, is way easier to get style points with, and is the only one with a decent distance-closing move too. I did manage to get a bit more use out of Gilgamesh this time though. That one isn't so bad after all. Although, it does still seem pretty inferior to Beowulf.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Life is Strange: Before the Storm - PS4.
(Jan) Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - PS4.
(Jan) Watch Dogs II(platinum) - PS4.
(Feb) Marlow Briggs - Xbox 360.
(Feb) Shadow of the Colossus - PS4.
(Mar) Assassin's Creed Syndicate - PS4.
(Mar) Ghost Recon: Wildlands - PS4.
(Apr) The Witcher III - PS4.
(May) Halo 4 :TMCC- XB1X.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

January 2018:
Bleed
Crackdown
Rez Infinite
Resident evil directors cut
Bioshock
Resident evil 2
Bioshock 2
Resident evil 3:Nemesis

Feb 2018:
Bioshock infinite
Def Jam: fight for Ny
Zone of The Enders
Resident Evil:code Veronica
Resident evil zero
Hyper light drifter
Braid
Yoshi’s Woolly World
Resident evil 4

March:
resident evil 5
resident evil 6
Lostwinds
lost winds 2
Ico 3D
Dead space
Dead space 2
Heavenly Sword

May:
Horizon Zero Dawn plus Frozen Wilds
04/05 Enslaved

Part of my plan to play the Ninja theory back catalogue before hellblade. Not quite as good as the first time through.

DMC next
AndrewBrown

Post by AndrewBrown »

02/01: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past [SNES Classic]
04/01: Oxenfree [Switch]
13/01: Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition [Switch]
14/01: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Switch]
15/01: Super Mario World [SNES Classic]
20/01: BioShock Infinite [360]
23/01: The Fall [PSN]
26/01: Celeste [Switch]
31/01: Super One More Jump [Switch]
05/02: Night in the Woods [Switch]
08/02: Dandara [Switch]
14/02: Dragon Quest Builders [Switch]
20/02: Bayonetta [Switch]
21/02: Puzzle Puppers [Switch]
23/02: Fe [Switch]
24/02: Old Man's Journey [Switch]
26/02: Portal Knights [Switch]
28/02: Bayonetta 2 [Switch]
07/03: Subsurface Circular [Switch]
14/03: Coffin Dodgers [Switch]
15/03: OPUS: The Day We Found Earth [Switch]
18/03: Tesla vs. Lovecraft [Switch]
22/03: Fear Effect Sedna [Switch]
23/03: Destiny 2 [PS4]
31/03: Devious Dungeon [Switch]
31/03: Warp Shift [Switch]
01/04: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap [Switch]
02/04: Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder Devastated [Switch]
09/04: Attack on Titan 2 [Switch]
11/04: The Bunker [Switch]
14/04: Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe [Switch]
16/04: Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut [Switch]
18/04: L.A. Noire [Switch]
23/04: Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition [Switch]
01/05: Saturday Morning RPG [Switch]
05/05: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [Switch]

It's strange to play a Nintendo platformer that doesn't feel like a Nintendo platformer. I mean that in the truest sense of the word: "Feel." With its odd control setup, my entire experience with Tropical Freeze was disconcerting and alien. Donkey Kong cannot run; he lumbers at the same speed no matter what button you're holding down. He can roll for a brief spurt and a boost to his jumping power, but this is a wild ability nearly impossible to control in a minute way. His jump height does not impress; nearly every jump feels like it requires the assistance of Dixie or Cranky Kong (Diddy may as well not exist for all the utility he brings). Companions, however, are temporary and can be knocked away by hostile architecture or aggressive enemies; by the end of the game I found myself wishing companions were permanent but existed on a level-by-level basis, as losing a companion in a particularly dire platforming sequence makes this already-difficult game seem even more so. All of this makes this a Donkey Kong Country game that looks like a Donkey Kong Country game but feels nothing like its SNES forebears.

I didn't purposefully play through Rayman Legends just before Tropical Freeze, but it did feel prescient. Tropical Freeze's level design feels strongly reminiscent of Rayman Legends; collectibles are often hidden behind the environment, the coverings peeled away when a Kong enters a hidden area, suddenly joining the rest of the environment. Aside from collectibles and hidden exits opening bonus levels, each level can also be tackled as a Time Trial. For the life of me I cannot get within ten seconds of a Gold Medal and it all goes back to my confounding experience with the controls. Tropical Freeze is a great platformer, but it's also a frustrating one. My thumbs cry out for a run button to hold down.

As a side note, and this has nothing to do with the quality of the videogame, but the shenanigans Nintendo has pulled with the Wii U version of the game this past week is a prime example of why I don't like digital storefronts.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Online physical retailers and bricks and mortar retailers also raise prices when there’s renewed demand and/or a heightened profile for a legacy product. Not just games either (assuming that’s what you’re referring to).
AndrewBrown

Post by AndrewBrown »

The game is completely ghosted on the Wii U eshop in North America.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Huh, well that’s something else. Of course you can just buy a second hand WU disc thereby removing Nintendo’s share altogether...

I should also say, I don’t recall MS or Sony pulling the same thing with their digital stores. In fact of course quite the opposite in many (PlayStation) cases with ‘Cross-Buy’.
AndrewBrown

Post by AndrewBrown »

02/01: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past [SNES Classic]
04/01: Oxenfree [Switch]
13/01: Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition [Switch]
14/01: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Switch]
15/01: Super Mario World [SNES Classic]
20/01: BioShock Infinite [360]
23/01: The Fall [PSN]
26/01: Celeste [Switch]
31/01: Super One More Jump [Switch]
05/02: Night in the Woods [Switch]
08/02: Dandara [Switch]
14/02: Dragon Quest Builders [Switch]
20/02: Bayonetta [Switch]
21/02: Puzzle Puppers [Switch]
23/02: Fe [Switch]
24/02: Old Man's Journey [Switch]
26/02: Portal Knights [Switch]
28/02: Bayonetta 2 [Switch]
07/03: Subsurface Circular [Switch]
14/03: Coffin Dodgers [Switch]
15/03: OPUS: The Day We Found Earth [Switch]
18/03: Tesla vs. Lovecraft [Switch]
22/03: Fear Effect Sedna [Switch]
23/03: Destiny 2 [PS4]
31/03: Devious Dungeon [Switch]
31/03: Warp Shift [Switch]
01/04: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap [Switch]
02/04: Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder Devastated [Switch]
09/04: Attack on Titan 2 [Switch]
11/04: The Bunker [Switch]
14/04: Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe [Switch]
16/04: Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut [Switch]
18/04: L.A. Noire [Switch]
23/04: Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition [Switch]
01/05: Saturday Morning RPG [Switch]
05/05: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze [Switch]
06/05: God of War (2018) [PlayStation 4]

I don't think I'm being spoilerific in this review but other people seem to have a far lower threshold for what constitutes a spoiler than I do, so I'm gonna respect that and put this in spoilers. When I refer to it as "Dad of War" I'm not being flippant, merely attempting to differentiate it from the original, identically-titled videogame.
The original God of War saw fit to use the Murder Family By Origin Story trope and then have nothing to say about grief, instead using that as a launching point to be angry and kill everything that moves. I didn't enjoy it at all and, seeing nothing of value in it, I took it as license to ignore every subsequent sequel. So it was with some wariness that, after several years of silence from Sony's resident rage monster, that the sequel/pseudo-reboot came along, and I liked what I was hearing.

I started off on the wrong foot with Dad of War. At the outset, Kratos' new wife is dead, leaving him a single father of a young son. I had many thoughts: Another Death By Origin Story? Really? And Kratos, a tragic character whose subsequent actions negated any sympathy I might have for him, must now raise a child? Kratos is an older, grimmer character now, his uncontrolled fury cooled to a somber, bitter anger that he frequently directs at his son Atreus as emotional abuse. But over the course of Dad of War, a remarkable thing happens: All of my ill feeling towards Kratos and the situation he finds himself in are actually felt by Kratos himself. It takes a while to get there, but Dad of War asks and answers questions about the nature of Kratos' character: What happens to a Godslayer who has no more Gods left to slay—except himself and his own son? Kratos' demeanor is unveiled to be more than just residuals from his one-dimensional characterization in the original games; it's a potent combination of fear and self-loathing.

I don't think Dad of War hits all the marks it reaches for. Kratos' fear is of Atreus growing up to be like him... but his relationship with Atreus improves on a 45 degree angle with Atreus' combat prowess. The source of this improvement stands at odds with the reasons behind Kratos' demeanor. Atreus is shown to be sickly, but this seems to have no real effect on him except when the plot demands it, and the resolution of this feels extremely rushed, the explanation for the sickness' source lazy and absurd (but given what we learn about Atreus at the ending, there may be more going on here than Kratos realizes). Kratos and Atreus' relationship are mirrored in many other characters—the central theme of Dad of War is familial conflict—and the inevitable sequel of this game is sure to go to some dark places. Even as Kratos finds some peace with his son and they grow to be better Gods together, he is still doomed to a dark fate.

At first I was underwhelmed by Dad of War's sandbox. When I'd found more than half the health and rage upgrades less than ten hours into this thing, I thought the sandbox must not be very deep at all. But there is an incredible mechanic in the Lake of Nine, the central hub, that reveals more and more space where you though there couldn't possibly be any more. Dad of War's sandbox is reactive and constantly revealing new facets to itself just when you think it couldn't possibly contain anymore. The equipment Kratos can buy, craft, find, and equip follows the same philosophy, but to far lesser effect: There's so much equipment in Dad of War, and so many ways to upgrade them and different items to slot into them that I was quite overwhelmed and after a while I quit looking at what I was picking up; most of it was useless anyway, and actual upgrades were blatantly evident. I hope the sequel significantly pares down the equipment to a few core sets and loads me down with less garbage.

I've still got more to do in Dad of War; there are two realms available through the Bifrost I haven't visited, and eight Valkyrie still lurk around the Lake of Nine to be found. I feel warmly enough towards Dad of War, much to my own surprise, that I'll return to finish them off (but not the pixel hunt-ish Ravens and Artifacts). I admire it for making something of its lamentable source material. It's not without its flaws and weaknesses, but these are inevitable in any story that's going to tackle the subject material that Dad of War does. It should be supported for exploring that ground.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Great summary Andrew. Although I never played the originals so I can't make that comparison, I totally agree with your thoughts on DoW.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

06 Jan: Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PAL PS1 on PS3)
09 Feb: Final Fantasy II (GBA)
16 Feb: Resident Evil 2 (NTSC PS1 on PS3)
26 Feb: Yoshi's Woolly World (WU)
09 Mar: BioShock Infinite (PC)
10 Mar: BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode One (PC)
12 Mar: BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two (PC)
18 Mar: Shadow Complex Remastered (PC)
19 Mar: Splatoon (WU)
29 Mar: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (NTSC PS1 on PS3)
06 Apr: Actual Sunlight (Vita)
08 Apr: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4)
27 Apr: God of War (PS4)
07 May: Resident Evil - CODE: Veronica X HD (PS3)
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

4th January - X-Com 2 (PC)
6th January - Last Day of June (PC)
22nd January - What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4)
4th February - Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
10th February - Uncharted: Lost Legacy (PS4)
16th February - Rime (PS4)
3rd March - Watch_Dogs 2 (PC)
8th March - Layers of Fear (PC)
10th March - Superhot (PS4)
12th March - Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) (All golds on driving school and mission challenges)
18th March - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
15th April - Nier Automata (PS4) (all main endings)
7th May - Mad Max (PS4)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

AndrewBrown wrote: May 6th, 2018, 8:44 pm The game is completely ghosted on the Wii U eshop in North America.
Still on sale in the EU and still at £19.99 (just checked out of curiosity).
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Flabyo wrote: April 29th, 2018, 11:57 pm 7th Jan - Mafia 3 (XBO)
29th Jan - Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (XBO)
31st Jan - The Room: Old Sins (iOS)
20th Feb - Celeste (XBO)
12th Mar - Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (PS4)
2nd Apr - Prey (2017) (XBO)
29th Apr - Dynasty Warriors 9 (XBO)
7th May - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

I like what there was of this, but it felt sort of... small. The story ends quite abruptly, and while I get that a series all about the illuminati as villains is going to leave some plot threads dangling, this one seems to just stop with at least half a dozen things up in the air.

It’s a shame, cause the mechanical changes from the previous game are pretty much all great. And the subtle ways it links into the first Deus Ex game (which chronologically is still in the future of this one) is deftly done. Possibly pointlessly, I mean, you’d need to be well into your thirties to even remember most of the plot of the original two games right? Ahem.

I think the one thing it’s missing, now I really think about it, is that it’s almost all set in one city. All the other games had more of a globe trotting feel, with more than one ‘hub’ area. It makes this one seem smaller, even if in practice it probably isn’t.
AndrewBrown

Post by AndrewBrown »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 7th, 2018, 5:46 pm Still on sale in the EU and still at £19.99 (just checked out of curiosity).
Yeah, I've seen multiple reports that it was "briefly removed then re-added" but I've checked the Wii U eshop in NA every day last week and the only thing that comes up when you search for it are trailers. Its availability seems to be on a region-by-region basis. Hopefully it will reappear soon.