Sea of Thieves

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Sea of Thieves

Post by dezm0nd »

According to the official FEEFS website, we'll be getting a look at the roadmap for their planned content releases to hopefully make the game a meatier experience.

Also some upcoming changes to the way the game is handled from a lobby/brig point of view as there are too many people misusing the brig which i've experienced (and had a couple funny stories to come from it)

More here!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/top-feedback-points

I'm currently sitting at reputation 32/29/22 and i'm still enjoying myself despite doing the same thing over and over. I just really enjoy all the manual work it takes to get the chests and bring them back. I cannot wait to see what comes next.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

I've tried. I've tried so hard to enjoy this game, but I just can't do it. I can't remember the last game that made me so mad.

I need to marshal my thoughts on it as I'm hosting a podcast about it in a week, but right now my opinion is just a series of high-pitched noises not dissimilar to Basil Fawlty trying not to blow a gasket.

The roadmap is interesting but with a game like this, once you've had that damning introductory experience no amount of content on top of the core game will heal those wounds. I doubt I'll return to it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Entirely understandable. It's a game which needs to keep players in, not give them reasons to leave and currently there are so many videogames out there that it's easily done once the game pisses you off, which it will do. A lot.

I am sort of in a weird fortunate position to treat the game more of a social experience more than it being about the gold (due to me earning so much of it in the month it's been out)

Having said that, we did take down a Skellie Fort, get kraken'd and a sloop took advantage of this and stole the two most precious items on our ship to which I was swearing like a goodun.

This game brings out both the best and worst in me. I communicate as friendly and as much as possible which is something I barely do, being a slightly shy person but once it goes south, I get angry and sweary.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Hungering Deep update is out next week and it's getting me excited.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/the-hungering-deep
Suits

Post by Suits »

C&R Gaming Session is in order I think.