Fallout 76

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Suits »

Everyone sees beauty in a different type of face....

.... and can enjoy bad games it seems :lol: .
Suits

Post by Suits »

Fallout 76 was buggy as tonight - the worst I’ve seen it.

Looks like that patch hasn’t bedded in so well yet.

We were a three, then in the end got booted from our session and couldn’t get back in.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I had a couple of hours last night.

When I first started it slow loaded in and I started as just a floating head then 5 seconds later the rest of the body loaded. It seems to look a bit worse than before the patch or that could be me?. I am around the crashed space station. I was very proud of myself last night as I built my first proper shelter. I put it next to a highly irradiated area so two sides are not really approachable by other players as the radiation would kill them then I have a fence, turret and a roof. It is a tiny little shack but it feels like home :)

The bugged quest worked immediately which was great and I am still trying to get to the bottom of ''Cold Case'' do not know why but I am hoping for a happy ending :lol:
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ha, cool. I’m yet to build a house, may mate has and blueprinted it but it won’t let him lay it anywhere else as it seems it doesn’t think the ground is flat enough.

I think, I know where you are - dependant on what side of the crashed spaced station you are.

Don’t go too far North mind, there’s some proper high level Snaggelgasters that will give you snot ear in seconds :lol: .

Servers were down for me last night, so yeah, so far the patch has seemed to make things worse for me !!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Picked up an Xbox one tonight Suits with 76 so will start a new game on that when it arrives.
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 26th, 2018, 9:41 pm Picked up an Xbox one tonight Suits with 76 so will start a new game on that when it arrives.
Yes mate, awesome.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Still enjoying it, although the story quest I’m doing at the moment is taking me to some pretty high-level areas and I don’t like the robot NCP that I’m conversing with.

I much prefer the holotape, terminal quests that you have to read as opposed to the quest giving characters – it adds to the immersion that you have just crawled out of the first vault.

It’s literally a survival game, enjoyed best solo. Which I appreciate isn’t what it was billed as and carries its own ball and chain because of it.

The moment to moment game play (for me anyway) is start at camp, treat your Radiation, eat, drink, sleep, organise your Arsenal to what ammo you have and set out for the quest or area you want to explore. While all the time making sure you have enough provisions to get you through until you can kill some livestock for food, or monsters you can cook.

I thought I had it down, then the game introduced mobs with diseases that I’d never encountered and it totally threw me and my set-up demanding a rethink of strategy and a hunt for items that would ensure I could press on comfortably.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

What level are you Suits? (So I know how much catching up I have to do)

My PS4 character was 12
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 27th, 2018, 1:26 pm What level are you Suits? (So I know how much catching up I have to do)

My PS4 character was 12
I hit 20 last night, so not vastly in front.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I found a tightrope, across two points on a cliff, with a viewing platform and cameras all set up around it.

Without any hesitation I knew what had to be done.

I’m waiting for the desire to dry up on this, or for it to feel soulless and dead – but it’s not here just yet.

I still enjoy the moment to moment gameplay which I fully appreciate can seem dull and boring – it just lands with me. I love exploring the world and finding pieces of lore to piece together.

I still think that this is best described and played as a survival game set in the Fallout World, based on a premise that I find more interesting that any of the other Fallout games (being first out of the vaults after 25 years).

I can’t recommend this game, not that anyone would listen after the crucifixion it has received since launch but it certainly is currently a very guilty pleasure of mine.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

That first picture a
Spoiler: show
Scorchbeast
?
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 28th, 2018, 11:41 am That first picture a
Scorchbeast
?
Oooooo, could be I suppose.

I’ll get rid just in case. Good shout 8-) .
Suits

Post by Suits »

I've taken a slight step back from this over the weekend, as there's a patch that comes out next week that address a particular issue I'm currently having with the systems in the game.

Currently, your stash (your box that holds all of your weapons, materials and such that you're not carrying) is limited to 400 pounds of weight. Why theres a limit anyway, I'm not sure.

Early game its not so bad but it soon becomes an issue as you start to collect more materials and pick up legendary armour and weapons (the problem with legendary items is that you cannot sell or scrap these, so in effect, you loose an amount off space each time you pick one of these up, whether its of benefit or is useless.

The patch will increase this amount to 600 pounds, which granted isn't a lot but is a massive help at the point in the game I am at now. Bethesda have also stated that the swill increase again soon, once they have made sure it has no serious negative connotations later in the game.

There's a good Fallout game in here people - I swear it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had a weird thing tonight when I logged on as all my quests were blacked out and not showing on the map either so I was literally left to my own devices!. I went with it and ended up running into a
Scorchbeast
and level 50 no less. No idea how I am going to take one of those on!.

Having restarted on Xbox One X I still love this game. I have not intentionally ended up seeing different areas than last time and uncovered some stories that are pretty sad but believable. It does look better on the Xbox One X than PS4 Pro but I have noticed the pop up is the same
Suits

Post by Suits »

All those ‘things’ are level 50 and become rather common after a while mate, their nests even show in the map as an icon - so you can go visits them whenever you please.

They work in pretty much the same way as the Dragons in Skyrim.

What level are you now dude ??
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just about to hit 7.

I have not bothered building a camp yet and have some quests to turn in so should jump up a few. Was level 14 before!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Cool.

I’ve still not spent time and built a camp yet. I’m enjoying exploring too much to set aside time to build a thing other than what I need when o need it.

I’ve progressed the main story too far for my level now I think and I’m getting smashed. I totally forgot about the side and misc quests and suddenly found loads in my quest book - was well chuffed :lol: .
Suits

Post by Suits »

Submitted my application for a new bag too :lol: .

We will see, I honestly don’t care really but understand if people are upset over the final product as it’s not what was originally described.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had a great session last night:

I ran into 4 Mirelurks fighting a giant toad and watched to see who was victorious (Mirelurks). I then picked off the remaining 3. It was nice to see something happening in the world that didn't seem for me almost as if it is running itself without me even needing to be there.

I also bumped into another level 50 creature though not a
Scorchbeast
. It was pretty much out in the open so I could easily avoid.

Finally I was inside a hunting lodge then all of a sudden I head a massive commotion outside. 3! Vertibirds were flying around taking pot shots at scorched. I am presuming they must be bots.

I found a skeleton sat at a table with a pot of coffee and a typewriter. All he had typed was ''There'' before dying. Again little stories like this stay with you leaving you to your imagination rather than it being told at you.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I really like the first two paragraphs of this review. :lol: