Fallout 76

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Fallout 76

Post by DomsBeard »

DomsBeard wrote: June 4th, 2018, 7:25 pm Be a day one full on season pass digital purchase for me. Played 200-300 hours of 3 but I still have 4 to finish
Erm no past time Domsbeard it wasn't. Luck would have it my rental package has come up trumps and it should be arriving tomorrow. Anyone want to have a potter around on PS4 on Wednesday or Thursday night?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

So had a mixed evening.

I hit several public events that all seemed to be aimed at groups (I was alone).

I was also kicked out of the server. All that happened was I was sent back a couple of minutes. I didnt lose anything

But I found an island by accident, an island with a horrible name. Of course I had to go on the island and then the
Spoiler: show
Deathclaws
came. I then ran away as fast as I could
Suits

Post by Suits »

I got kicked once tonight too Beardy, also, I only lost a few minutes and done copper ore.

Played pretty much all night as a three player team, to which, we discovered that the loot isn’t the same per player, in fact most items in the world were different.

Even Bobbleheads that I found, simply just didn’t exist in the other players instances. Loot was always different.

Also discovered that you can pick up other people’s grave inventory’s.

Oh and treasure maps are a thing again.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Hit my first bug.

I would avoid the Bureau Of Tourism quest for now as a piece of it doesn't work so it is impossible to complete
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 17th, 2018, 3:46 pm Hit my first bug.
Ah, intersting.

I’ve hit a few bugs, nothing major but logging in and out seemed to fix it, or just doing it a different way - if that makes sense, don’t want to spoil anything.

Also, if you’re doing a daily, don’t log out as you’ll loose all your progress and have to start over !!

Very much enjoying this, will have more to say I think after tonight’s session.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I googled it and it is a broken quest waiting a patch sadly.

I hit a public event which I couldn't complete either, the timer finished and nothing happened. Both are in Pricketts Fort so maybe that is a problem area?
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 17th, 2018, 9:12 pm I googled it and it is a broken quest waiting a patch sadly.
Oh, is this the Bureau of Tourism quest ?? If sports that's very odd because I've completed that quest.

Like I mentioned, there was one quest where the waypoint just seemed to be just hanging in the air. Even after reloads and multiple attempts to go and collect a bloody fuse it simply wouldn't trigger, then on one occasion I approached it from the other entrance of the building and the quest marked updated to a new area and there was my fuse.

Odd.

I think, this may be my most enjoyable Fallout. I'm still early, level 16 and about 20 hours in, so things may well change and it may get bland like a lot of people say.

It's playing to my personal tastes as to how I enjoy to play these games.

Numerous times on Fallout 4, I'd put it into survival, pick a direction and wonder off to find adventure ignoring the overarching story. It would be fun for a while until things would run dry. This, plays to that very idea of directional adventure.

The story lore is brilliant, much better than anything in F4. I do find the story of the initial vault dwellers emerging into the world 25 years after the bombs and essentially picking up the pieces much more appealing than looking for your son.

The scorched are interesting and if you left yourself get caught up in the breadcrumb story tales as you find then throughout the world, you can get hooked putting the pieces back together.

With dailies and public advents being rather common, I feel that this is a much better game to simply pick up and gave a quick adventure or two, as opposed to picking up the draw out long story of Fallout 4, or even 3. (I'm purposely omitting NV for now as that currently holds the title as my favourite Fallout game.)

I feel that this is better played as a single player game, with multiplayer elements surrounding it.

When we were grouping up as three or even two's I found it a bit smash and grab, just chasing quest markers and spamming through the dialogue and sweeping through enemies - that's there if you want that but I can understanding why people have issues with it for being boring and easy if thats how they have chosen to play it.

This is much more rewarding at a slower pace I'm finding. Taking time to absorb everything in around you and setting your own pace.

The multiplayer interaction is good, now, you can play PvP but you sort of have to enter into it. So, if someone shoots you, you won't take damage, fire back and register a hit on them and it's on. So you can play placid and friendly or you can simply go all out - if the other player fancies it also. no damager of purposely growing and ruining someone else's experience.

I ran into someone else's home last night, while losing a scuffle with some Rad Scorpions and their face as I burst through the door was funny.

There's those few seconds of still - are you friendly ??

I used their workbenches to make some more shotgun shells, stash box (every stash box in the world is your own) had a kip in their bed and carried on my way after 5 minutes, as I left they followed me out of the door and waved as I bounced down the mountain side - to which I stopped, turned to them and blew them a kiss.

It was cool.

This game is working for me. It really is.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I just watched a video where they launched three nukes at the same time and managed to crash the server!

https://youtu.be/64JTcZk8i8w
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah I cannot repair the vending machine near the war re-inactment site.

I am really really enjoying it. I went off the beaten path tonight and thought I had found a cabin as there was a light in the distance. Nope was something else that again had me running like a loon.

When running like a loon I entered an area with a massive
Crashed Space Station

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Suits as every where else all I have seen is people getting angry about it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Oh Suits have you
Found some beeping walkie talkie things?
I have found 2 on random Scorched.
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 18th, 2018, 11:18 pm Glad to hear you are enjoying it Suits as every where else all I have seen is people getting angry about it.
Yes, very angry.

I must admit, leading up to the release of this - I was concerned. I didn’t take part in the BETA as I just wanted to play it, I was already invested in it and after all the negative comments about bits and pieces I was starting to think I’d made a mistake.

I even tried to convince a few of the lads to put off playing until the new year to allow for a few patches and content drops.

Glad I didn’t though.

Yes, found/seen both those things you mention, the first I found out about on a Trasure map and spotted off in the distance once while adventuring with a buddy.

The second thing you mention, I have no idea. My guess is it’s something to do with Nukes, or the launching of - which is proper gnarly and is way above my level as I saw one and was instantly pushed away from due to the massive radiation it gave off.

There’s so much more to see and do I feel, like I’ve only just scratched the surface - let’s hope.
Suits

Post by Suits »

This is my girl.

Tina. Tina Arena.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Mine is a short haired red head called Juri :lol:
Suits

Post by Suits »

Dammit, I sat down to play this this evening after finishing Wario Land 2 and there was a 46GB update for it that my Xbox hadn’t downloaded for some reason.

So I played Pro instead.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Suits wrote: November 19th, 2018, 10:47 pm Dammit, I sat down to play this this evening after finishing Wario Land 2 and there was a 46GB update for it that my Xbox hadn’t downloaded for some reason.

So I played Pro instead.
More Shadow Of The Tomb Raider for me :lol:
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Reviews overall are seemingly far less positive overall than word of mouth (on here at least)!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I suspect a lot of it is that it isn’t really what a lot of people expect to see when you say ‘Fallout’.

(Although eurogamer really put the boot in, they really don’t like any aspect of it)

I have a suspicion it’ll be retooled into a f2p title within a year, it feels like it wants to be targeting the same space as Neverwinter and Star Trek Online (as in, MMO that you can mostly play solo, with micro transactions for xp boosters and fancy cosmetics). It’ll probably do well there, but as a full price box product it’s going to have to offer more than RDR2 or even Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for those who like actual characters in their open world games.

I doubt they’ll abandon it, but it’s going to get retooled a fair bit.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Indeed.

It’s far from excellent but I’m certainly not seeing enough from it to tell people to avoid it.

I’m scared to read the review in case it highlights things I’ve either not noticed or haven’t encountered yet :lol: .
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Suits wrote: November 20th, 2018, 11:40 am Indeed.

It’s far from excellent but I’m certainly not seeing enough from it to tell people to avoid it.

I’m scared to read the review in case it highlights things I’ve either not noticed or haven’t encountered yet :lol: .
Well it spoils a quest line and he moans about the game teaching you how to boil water etc (you know how to survive properly) and that VATS has to a certain extent gone.

I am sure my video game brain is at odds with the wider world nowadays. Detroit and this have been two of my favourite games this year but they seem to make everyone else angry :lol: