How much have you spent on Steam?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
PapaBlingo

Re: How much have you spent on Steam?

Post by PapaBlingo »

Simonsloth wrote: June 26th, 2018, 11:46 pm
PapaBlingo wrote: June 26th, 2018, 2:22 pm £4,702.84... My wife can never see this number.

As for what that works out as an average spend, I'm not sure as I am at work, but I know it is more that 700 games, so somewhere in the region of £6 per game.
I’ve shown my wife your spend so now she thinks im a much more reasonable guy!

My PSN spend must be astronomical. Good job there’s no way to see that.. or is there?
Yeah, that wouldnt be much better. I just like buying games, but I am trying to dial it back a bit. It helps that I more or less own everything now... ;-)
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

$694.47... but that's just Steam.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

$1300 over a decade. 233 games.

Fun fact: I've only had a remotely functional PC for maybe a year or two of that decade. I've only played 50 of those games for more than an hour, and only played 70 overall.

Pretty sure all of that will utterly pale in comparison to my Xbox spending.

Fun, fun facts.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Stanshall wrote: June 26th, 2018, 11:00 am I sold all my other consoles except PS4 and ploughed the money back into the Switch eShop and I am stockpiling like crazy before we (hopefully) start a family. I also gave up smoking so I have about £300 a month extra which I feel I can therefore waste on games I seldom play instead of putting it to better use. At some point, the non-smoking reward system will be questioned by my wife or my conscience but I'm staying strong for now.
Well congratulations for being the only person in the history of the world who actually found they had extra cash after they quit smoking

:lol:

I don't know where that money I used to spend on fags goes, but it does!
MajorGamer

Post by MajorGamer »

$2,036.80 with 375 games. Pretty much as expected since I've been primarily a PC gamer for 15 years.

Couldn't figure out what OldSpent and PWSpent are supposed to be, though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I think old spend is just pre-2015 or something, may not be 2015 but its definitely spend before a specific date. Not sure why they define between the two, though.

EDIT: Found this:

Old spend only shows the money spent up before April 17, 2015. You may remember that Valve instated a policy around that time that restricts users who have not spent at least $5 from trading, sending friend invites, or using the market.

This was done to cut down on bots, scammers and the like. The total spend stat includes the old spend as well.

As for PW spend, it’ll simply track all the money you spent through a Perfect World account in Dota 2, or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. For anyone outside of China, this will most likely be $0, since it only tracks the Chinese versions of those games, which are co-published in the country by Perfect World.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I doubt it’s much more than about 50 quid, I haven’t really owned a gaming rig in the years since steam became a thing, so just a few games on my Mac.