Marvel's Spider-Man

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Pitwar

Re: Marvel's Spider-Man

Post by Pitwar »

DomsBeard wrote: September 8th, 2018, 10:42 am Looking forward to getting this in a couple of weeks when I get back from holiday. I have to ask though does it make the ps4 pro sound let a jet engine?
It certainly does, but maybe not as loud as some games like God of War.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Some spidey pics!
Spoiler: show

James

Post by James »

Hello, I was trepidatious about diving in on another Sony first-party game* but Spider-Man was a big enough draw and despite being a curmudgeonly so-and-so who dislikes fun and games and popular things and himself... I absolutely loved this game.

I am typing this whilst desperate to get back to the last few crime events between me and 100% completion**, so I'll keep it short: I don't think this'll be everyone's cup of tea, it's certainly not without flaws, and it may be quickly overshadowed in the open world stakes by RDR2, but I'm so pleased I decided to take the plunge. :D

*non-FROM Software Sony first-party game :roll:

**In-game 100% completion is not actually 100% completion :ugeek:

(Nice pics, Josh! :mrgreen: )
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

For those who have finished it...
Spoiler: show
What do we think about the Vulture/Electro and Rhino/Scorpion fights?

I thought most of the boss battles in this game were pretty "ok," but these two stood out.

Partly the novelty of fighting two bosses at once, but also they felt more dynamic and choice driven.

For example, I loved that you could web up Scorpion and then bait Rhino into trampling him. Or throwing Vultures homing feathers at Electro. Felt like I was out smarting both parties and using their attacks against each other.
James

Post by James »

Definitely agree, Josh. Those fights had me on the back foot to begin with, as it took a moment to work out what was going on and how to cope. Once I got into the flow, it turned what could've been quite rote (like the bank scene from previews) into something much more dynamic.

Stuff like that really helped keep me feeling a little out of my depth, even though I wasn't struggling with difficulty. Kinda put me into the mindset of Peter, if you know what I mean.

I kept forgetting that I could swing to move around in some of the setpieces. More than once, I couldn't work out how to avoid damage, until I remembered X->R2. Silly, old me!

Think I kept that spoiler free. :geek:
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

This made me laugh: https://youtu.be/98UpAhyD3wc
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hee hee, not murdering people as Spider-Man looks like a lot of fun!
:D