Volume Eight

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ColinAlonso

Re: Volume Eight

Post by ColinAlonso »

Great work all.

The third one is Gravity Rush 2. They've already covered the first game.

I wrote a little bit on that here when I finished it 2 years ago so I'll probably put some of that in the podcast thread.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

duskvstweak wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Alex79uk wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:26 pm I didn't notice Monkey Island 2, although I could have sworn it had already been done! Maybe it was just the first game before?
KissMammal wrote: January 7th, 2019, 5:01 pm Looks like the Mega Drive Aladdin from that artwork. As everyone knows, the SNES version is the far superior game 8-)
I'll formulate a decent argument as soon as I finish laughing.

:lol:
I did love the SNES Aladdin. I was always better at platforming than combat when I was seven. Plus, at that age, I didn't even know there was another version of Aladdin!

Pretty sure someone could make a case that the reason the Aladdin argument endures is because two versions of the game (despite not being first party titles) are almost like a flashpoint for the fundamental differences between their respective host consoles.

As a say, should make for a really interesting discussion when they get round to it!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

ColinAlonso wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:47 pm Great work all.

The third one is Gravity Rush 2. They've already covered the first game.

I wrote a little bit on that here when I finished it 2 years ago so I'll probably put some of that in the podcast thread.
Phew! I hoped it was and now I have an excellent excuse to play it.
fieldy

Post by fieldy »

Superb!

Really pleased to see Breath of the wild, MGSV, Persona 5, Nier: Automata and Wolfenstein 2 in there!

Also, I better hurry working my way through the souls games if I wanna contribute to the DS3 episode 😉

really good stuff - can't wait to hear some of these!
Suits

Post by Suits »

KissMammal wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:56 pm
duskvstweak wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Alex79uk wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:26 pm I didn't notice Monkey Island 2, although I could have sworn it had already been done! Maybe it was just the first game before?
KissMammal wrote: January 7th, 2019, 5:01 pm Looks like the Mega Drive Aladdin from that artwork. As everyone knows, the SNES version is the far superior game 8-)
I'll formulate a decent argument as soon as I finish laughing.

I did love the SNES Aladdin. I was always better at platforming than combat when I was seven. Plus, at that age, I didn't even know there was another version of Aladdin!

Pretty sure someone could make a case that the reason the Aladdin argument endures is because two versions of the game (despite not being first party titles) are almost like a flashpoint for the fundamental differences between their respective host consoles.

As a say, should make for a really interesting discussion when they get round to it!
Woah, woah, woah now - hang 5.... !!

There's more than just the SNES and MD versions.

Anyone else played the GameBoy version yet ??? It's based on the critically acclaimed NES conversion you know.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Both* Aladdins in one show in fact (Jay just went for the MD artwork)!

*16-bit original.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:37 pm Both* Aladdins in one show in fact (Jay just went for the MD artwork)!

*16-bit original.
*gasp*

Restarting the classic console war on that podcast. :D
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Lads lads lads lads lads lads lads lads...

That's Street Fighter FOUR!!!!

:D

The list looks absolutely awesome. Can't wait.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:37 pm *16-bit original.
Screwing :cry: .
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:42 pm Lads lads lads lads lads lads lads lads...

That's Street Fighter FOUR!!!!

:D
Thanks, now corrected!

(My complete SF ignorance is showing...)
Senorb123

Post by Senorb123 »

I'm a new patreon probably a dumb question but do they not put out a list? Is the video in chronological order of how they will put out the podcast?
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Yes it is in order.

An official text list will likely be out in due course (they will probably update this at some stage https://caneandrinse.com/full-podcast-listing/ ). They usually tease a video like this first though. Threads for contributions will also go up on the forum at some point soon.
Senorb123

Post by Senorb123 »

Thank you Colin very excited this will be my first year contributing really looking forward to getting involved in this community
Sage + Onion Knight

Post by Sage + Onion Knight »

I said to myself "if Nier: Automata's on there, I think I'll donate to the Patreon."

May have to put my money where my mouth is! (also I've been curious about Persona 5 for ages; I find the series interesting, but have never played a single one of those games, so here's a nice nudge for me to get it in the January sale)

OH MY GOD and Prey as well and PS1 era Final Fantasies
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Senorb123 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:59 pm really looking forward to getting involved in this community
Welcome to the forum! :)
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

So, they must be covering the three SNES Donkey Kong Country games in one episode? I wonder if all three Dino Crisis games are sharing?
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

KSubzero1000 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 6:19 pm Metal Gear Solid V: The Fandom's Pain
Clevah.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've been meaning to relay the DKC SNES trilogy for years. Perfect!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

duskvstweak wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:16 pm So, they must be covering the three SNES Donkey Kong Country games in one episode? I wonder if all three Dino Crisis games are sharing?
Donkey Kong Country trilogy is a multi-game podcast, Dino Crisis 1 is a single game podcast.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

ThirdMan wrote: January 7th, 2019, 9:06 pm Absolutely thrilled with those games. I'll be upping my Patreon donation considerably just as soon as payday rolls around again. Cannot wait for the Inside episode!
:)