The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
kintaris

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by kintaris »

ThirdDrawing wrote: January 21st, 2018, 4:46 pm I *finally* managed to get ahold of the Switch ports of Syberia 1 and 2.

I've had a real itch to play these again, since my original Xbox red ringed a few years ago.

I hope we see some more cool ports like this.

I would love to see more adventure games on the Switch.
Surely Disney have an appetite to shove Monkey Island SE to one more platform. I wouldn't be surprised to see it.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Darkest Dungeon will be my next Switch game.

Thing is I’ve just got back into Mario at the 650 moons mark. That game is wonderful, I forgot how much so.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Be aware that the text size may be an issue for handheld gaming. This could differ from person to person though,
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Cheers RE This is the Police...

I think I'm gonna gamble.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Chopper wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 4:08 pm Be aware that the text size may be an issue for handheld gaming. This could differ from person to person though,
Na, that’s a valid point actually.

The Doom sub menus I found slightly too small for comfort at times.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

kintaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm Surely Disney have an appetite to shove Monkey Island SE to one more platform. I wouldn't be surprised to see it.
Good idea actually, although I'm wondering more if stuff like the Deponia games will get ported to Switch since these kind of games seem to be released in Europe only.
Craig

Post by Craig »

kintaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm
ThirdDrawing wrote: January 21st, 2018, 4:46 pm I *finally* managed to get ahold of the Switch ports of Syberia 1 and 2.

I've had a real itch to play these again, since my original Xbox red ringed a few years ago.

I hope we see some more cool ports like this.

I would love to see more adventure games on the Switch.
Surely Disney have an appetite to shove Monkey Island SE to one more platform. I wouldn't be surprised to see it.
I want to believe, but considering they removed those editions from the iOS store, I don’t think they really care about putting any cash into it.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Word of warning, not sure if others are familiar with hitari.co.uk but I’ve just had a mare placing an order for a Switch game (PuyoPuyo) and they took my money, did nothing then when I contacted them several days later they told me they didn’t have the game and did I want to spend the money elsewhere on their store!

Demanded a refund, raised a case with PayPal, got one at least. Shall be avoiding them in future.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Holy crap that’s ballsy.

“Yeah, sorry we messed up. But on the brightside we’re letting you spend that money anywhere else in our store.”
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Finally. No more sleepless nights.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

KSubzero1000 wrote: February 5th, 2018, 11:57 pm Finally. No more sleepless nights.
Well... for you maybe...

I'm gonna need more time to process this information... :oops:
Suits

Post by Suits »

Is anyone else getting the Super Analogue NT ??

I missed out on the first run of consoles but managed to get an order in on Tuesday night for the next run which ship in March.

I went for the Super Famicom finish a bit boring perhaps but it's going to go under the TV in the living room, so it'll look cool.

So far the reception has been positive, not that it would be too much of a surprise after the performance of the Analogue NT, although it's wonderful to see how its scaling the games.

On a personal level, this will be great for me in my front room, so that we can casually play the SNES on a modern screen, while I can leave my 1CHIP Super Famicom hooked up to my PVM in the office - which is a little harder to have a quick go of when the casual gamer fancies a trip down memory lane.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Wow, this looks really cool. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be buying one since it seems to rely exclusively on original cartridges which I simply don't possess, having never owned a SNES in the first place. Needless to say I'd be all over a similar re-imagining of a platform I'm more familiar with and actually own games for, such as the GameCube.

I'm also kind of curious about the exact legal situation here, like trademarks and such. Is Nintendo okay with this?!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Yeah, it only has Super Turican Special Edition and Super Turican 2 installed on the board, the rest you'll need OEM carts for, or a flashcart like a SD2SNES.

I have a substantial amount of PAL/NTSC carts, so it's an easier decision for me to make.

Oh yeah, if people don't know, this is capable of playing PAL/NTSC, Game Genie, Super Saves, Super GameBoy's or anything that you can plug into any Super Nintendo/Super Famicom. Making it a great universal tool for your whole collection.

It also accepts any Super Nintendo peripheral hardware, Scoremaster, original pads, etc...

Regards legal issues, I'm unsure, as the FPGA is only replicating a computer process and original carts are being used, then it should be fine I guess, it's not like you can trademark an invention like a TV.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

NES and SNES hardware clones are possible because the patents on the original tech have expired.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm if you can play online with friends in FIFA 18 on Switch? Can’t seem to find a definitive answer...

It’s £21.99 at Argos!
Suits

Post by Suits »

hazeredmist wrote: February 15th, 2018, 9:30 pm Can anyone confirm or disconfirm if you can play online with friends in FIFA 18 on Switch? Can’t seem to find a definitive answer...

It’s £21.99 at Argos!
No, there’s no invite system.

You just have to matchmake at the same time and hope you find each other.

Pathetic.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Suits wrote: February 15th, 2018, 10:11 pm No, there’s no invite system.

You just have to matchmake at the same time and hope you find each other.

Pathetic.
Maybe the devs are just stuck in 2003 and still using that fancy GameCube modem adapter of yours? :lol:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

In better news, Worms W.M.D. on Switch just patched in proper friend vs friend play.