The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Joshihatsumitsu

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

I too look forward to the great difficulty of fighting off scalpers for the slim possibility of buying a SNES Mini.

By some miracle of the Gods I was able to get a NES Mini at RRP, so at least I have some experience now!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Konami have revealed Super Bomberman R costumes based on their other videogame franchises! Hurrah!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/278551-ko ... tent-for-s
James

Post by James »

I look forward to enjoying these, just as soon as Super Bomberman R drops in price a bit! ;)
Suits

Post by Suits »

There's another patch coming soon for Bomberman R which is stated as addressing control issues as well as some other things but the control one and the 60FPS patch peaked my interest quite a bit.

Not that it's THAT bad but it certainly feels a big jagged and snaggy.

Once the new patch drops I'm going to jump back in and give it a proper outing, as my focus on Zelda is dropping off.

Will probably play it Co-Op.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Ugh, I've been thinking about buying this ever since, and just because, but now I have a better reason. I played it at the Arcade Club in Bury and it was actually really good fun, couch multiplayer, but fifty notes. Fifty notes. Digital is likely not going to drop so I'm going to have to resist.

Edit: Yeah, I bought it. Beans on toast til May.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Stanshall wrote: April 21st, 2017, 5:44 pm Edit: Yeah, I bought it. Beans on toast til May.
:lol:

Going all digital on this system are you dude ??
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

It's a curse.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Here's something cool about Mario I didn't before I got the super cool Nintendo 64 Anthology book that I recall being discussed on the Mario 64 podcast.

The first time Charles Martinet portrayed Mario was at CES in Chicago in 1992!
James

Post by James »

I guess this is the place for Switch game announcements. Well, there's been another!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Sweet.

Physical release too, or at least in the US. Fingers crossed we get the opportunity also.

Missed this when it first came out on the other platforms, I feel the general portable nature of the Switch will be a good enough to finally give it a go.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Thats not an actual announcement for Axiom Verge, on the podcast itself they say

"we're trying to get a physical release so we can have a Switch physical release but, I'm not sure where we're at on that right now honestly"

"we definitely don't know about the Switch version yet but we want it to happen"
James

Post by James »

Haha, it seems the World 1-1 podcast folks are making the most of it in that case, because they teased an "exclusive announcement" beforehand and... well, you saw the Tweet.

(Wait, did they delete it? The link goes nowhere now.)
James

Post by James »

Oh, there's been an update to the Facebook post. Looks like the World 1-1 podcast (and me by extension) did jump the gun by calling it an announcement. :oops:
Suits

Post by Suits »

Oh, what a shame :( .
chase210

Post by chase210 »

According to the creators of AV, its Nintendo not getting back to them on getting it onto Switch, rather than their reluctance!

Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Ere, I've got one for ya...

Why would I ever buy a game digitally from the UK store? They seem to generally come out later and be quite a bit more expensive than the US store. I just get some PlayAsia credit and generally save between 20% and 30%. It's great but am I likely to get an unpleasant surprise one of these days?
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Stanshall wrote: April 25th, 2017, 6:12 pm Ere, I've got one for ya...

Why would I ever buy a game digitally from the UK store? They seem to generally come out later and be quite a bit more expensive than the US store. I just get some PlayAsia credit and generally save between 20% and 30%. It's great but am I likely to get an unpleasant surprise one of these days?
So I keep hearing about this and not paying attention/really grasping what it's all about.

Essentially you can access the JP and US stores on a UK Switch is that right? And the prices are cheaper? How would one do this???

Stanshall are you thinking that at some point they'll close the loophole and you won't be able to access any games purchased via a foreign store? Given how widespread this practice seems that would be one seriously consumer unfriendly move.

But then this is Nintendo, and their ambivalence towards their customers never ceases to amaze...
Suits

Post by Suits »

All of sudden it seems to be hard to get hold of physical copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris, it was up on Argos for pre-order but now its vanished, same as Amazon and Smyths.

It's at Game but f**K Game.

Ended up getting it from Shop2 for £36 delivered.

Gotta get dem carts.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: April 26th, 2017, 11:39 am
Stanshall wrote: April 25th, 2017, 6:12 pm Ere, I've got one for ya...

Why would I ever buy a game digitally from the UK store?
So I keep hearing about this and not paying attention/really grasping what it's all about.

Essentially you can access the JP and US stores on a UK Switch is that right? And the prices are cheaper? How would one do this???

Stanshall are you thinking that at some point they'll close the loophole and you won't be able to access any games purchased via a foreign store? Given how widespread this practice seems that would be one seriously consumer unfriendly move.

But then this is Nintendo, and their ambivalence towards their customers never ceases to amaze...
To be honest, it's probably just needless paranoia on my part. I just don't expect it from them. They've chosen not to have region locking and used that as a selling point but equally, setting up a fake US address and so on, it just feels dodgy. I mean, why would anyone set up an address in a state which taxes the hell out of you? Anything at a similar price I've just bought on the UK store but most things I've bought US and will continue to do so.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Interesting. So why are you buying from credit from Play Asia may I ask? Can you not just use a regular credit/debit card?