The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Suits »

Tennis in the face looks fun :lol: .
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Suits wrote: December 9th, 2017, 10:03 am Tennis in the face looks fun :lol: .
I reviewed it for Xbox. It's alright. Definitely didn't need to be on a home console but should be a reasonable distraction on the move.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Really glad we're getting that special edition. I'd even say the art on the box is better than the Japanese version.

I wonder if they're making changes to Bayo 2, outside of ones we've heard about like Amiibo support and local co-op. Maybe they might bump up the resolution, or maybe even change some of those odd design decisions that were brought up on the recent CnR episode.

Also of course I'm really excited to hear Bayo 3 is coming as well. That really came out of nowhere, and it's good to know that it seems this series is really here to stay. It's a nice compliment to all these DMC5 rumours that have been going around lately too. It's fun to have two massive games in the genre to look forward to at the same time. Seems like it's poised to make a comeback of sorts. But is there any word on who the dev team on Bayo 3 is? I guess there's nothing yet, but I wonder how much involvement Kamiya has this time.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

ratsoalbion wrote: December 8th, 2017, 5:56 pm And Europe:
https://twitter.com/nintendaan/status/9 ... 3088971776
Still a download code for the original Bayonetta though :/
Craig

Post by Craig »

Looks like the JPN version of the special edition has both on a cart. They’ve been pretty good so far about including different languages on the same cart though no guarantees yet. However, the only exception for first party stuff is Splatoon, and Xenoblades, though the latter can be remedied with a download, so I’d imagine if you really want the cart, you’ll probably be okay.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Craig wrote: December 10th, 2017, 9:50 am Looks like the JPN version of the special edition has both on a cart.
Oooo, not sure mate.

I’ve seen that JPN will be getting a single release cart, for sale by itself, alongside 2 but so far all the Special Editions I’ve seen have B1 on a downloadable code.
Samdowned

Post by Samdowned »

This means Bayonetta will join the special club of games that I have bought on three different platforms. There must be a forum thread in that.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hmm, according to Polygon they’re separate -
https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/8/16751 ... tion-japan

And I can’t see any mention of download on the Japanese Amazon page.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B077XX ... =bayonetta

If you look at the pictures there’s even a separate case for Bayonetta 1. That would suggest it’s a gamecard, but then again I’ve seen empty boxes with download codes in them before.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Samdowned wrote: December 10th, 2017, 10:19 am This means Bayonetta will join the special club of games that I have bought on three different platforms. There must be a forum thread in that.
Ha! If you think that's a lot, I have bought RE4 a whopping eight times on five different platforms. Thank God I don't play on PC, otherwise I'd have bought it there, too! :P
Suits

Post by Suits »

Craig wrote: December 10th, 2017, 10:19 am Hmm, according to Polygon they’re separate -
Ah, right, fair enough. Like I said, I wasn’t sure.

I’d only seen the separate games by them self, not in the bundle.

That’s great news, although that will make the JPN version proper sort after I’d expect.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Switch is the love of my life these days
Suits

Post by Suits »

The Bayonetta Special Edition became available to pre-order on the Nintendo store last night.

The free gift is just a poster mind :( .
Craig

Post by Craig »

I’ve got a Pro Controller under the Christmas Tree from the wife. Five days until I become a professional.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Craig wrote: December 20th, 2017, 10:25 am I’ve got a Pro Controller under the Christmas Tree from the wife. Five days until I become a professional.
It’s a wicked pad man.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The Switch Pro controller might be my favourite of the current big three. Build quality is definitely better than the default XBO and PS4 pads. Have to see how long the rubber in the thumb sticks last (cause that’s usually what goes first for me, my XBO pad recently had a huge chunk of the rubber on the left thumb stick just come away, which is already driving me mad)
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

I've got a 8bitdo Snes retro controller thingy under the tree :shock:

Link: http://amzn.eu/7dY0MPo

anyone have any experience with it? thoughts?
Suits

Post by Suits »

Hierony wrote: December 20th, 2017, 1:07 pm I've got a 8bitdo Snes retro controller thingy under the tree :shock:

Link: http://amzn.eu/7dY0MPo

anyone have any experience with it? thoughts?
Yes mate, I have two of them, they are very good.

Mine fell afoul of me not updating them often enough and started becoming buggy in certain applications when used with the Switch.

Very good pieces of kit though :) .
Craig

Post by Craig »

I’ve got the one without the analogue sticks and it’s wonderful. Looks and, more importantly, feels just like a SNES controller. Works on PC as well if you’re getting impatient for Virtual Console and fire up an emulator to play Megaman.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Switch!!! Worth the wait for me, Christmas was all about my son this year and rightly so but I did get some joy from opening this on Christmas Day.

Shame to see friends don’t translate over from the Wii U so my list is pretty bare! Anyone up for hooking up (currently have Mario Kart and Rocket League) my friend code is SW-8284-7608-8788

Also: I love this console.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The switch will eventually suggest some friends based on those you had on the WiiU and 3ds (assuming you’re using the same Nintendo ID across them all, and that they also have a Switch) but for some reason it doesn’t do that immediately. Check the friends screen at some point later this week.