Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
nickturner13

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by nickturner13 »

The Humble Monthly Bundle has Total War: Warhammer this month. Seems a great deal. I got Dragons Dogma on this deal a couple of months ago and missed out on xcom2 this month.

Looks like it's worth subbing and forgetting about until the games flow into your inbox each month!

(...and add to your never-ending pile of games that you want to play but can't ever find time for...)
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

If anyone was on the fence about Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours due to price, it is currently £14.99, down from £49.99. Pretty significant discount.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Is that PSN or Steam Joshi?

Either way, I jumped in at £20 a while back and wasn't disappointed!
8-)
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

ratsoalbion wrote:Is that PSN or Steam Joshi?

Either way, I jumped in at £20 a while back and wasn't disappointed!
8-)
PSN, UK and Australia (I don't think US, but feel free to check)!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Picked up Far Cry 4 for the princely sum of £4.93 in store at Toys R Us the other day. The 360 version was £40 still though!.

No Man's Sky is £12.99 in Smyth's
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

The upcoming Halo Wars 2 is only £29.99 for a digital Xbox One/PC copy over at CD Keys.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/h ... a569a1f11a

Very tempted. With Creative Assembly on the case I'm pretty sure it'll be nothing less than pretty darn good.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The TV adverts for it are universally terrible though.

Which of course has no bearing on how good the game is.

But they're terrible.

Like, 90s game advertising levels of terrible.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

£100 for an XO Elite controller plus Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4 or Halo 5:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... 9-99-today
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This special one-week bundle features over $600 in incredible games and books for just $30. 100% of your payments will go to the American Civil Liberties Union, the International Rescue Committee, and Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Humble Bundle will proudly match your contributions up to $300,000:
https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom?mc ... tent=logo0
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

ratsoalbion wrote:£100 for an XO Elite controller plus Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4 or Halo 5:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... 9-99-today
That's an excellent deal. Can't speak highly enough of the Elite controller. At first you wonder how it can be so much better than the already excellent standard pad, and worth that much money, but then you hold it. A lovely thing.
Craig

Post by Craig »

ratsoalbion wrote:This special one-week bundle features over $600 in incredible games and books for just $30. 100% of your payments will go to the American Civil Liberties Union, the International Rescue Committee, and Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Humble Bundle will proudly match your contributions up to $300,000:
https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom?mc ... tent=logo0
This seems like a cracking deal, but obviously with so many games it's easy to overlook many of them. What are people's highlights in the bundle?

Super Meat Boy is great.

The original Day of the Tentacle was great so I assume this HD version holds up too.

World of Goo is good, though I imagine the chances are pretty high you already have this one.

Looking forward to trying out Gucamelee, The Stanley Parable, The Witness, The Swapper and Stardew Valley!
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Craig wrote:This seems like a cracking deal, but obviously with so many games it's easy to overlook many of them. What are people's highlights in the bundle?
Super Meat Boy and Guacamelee are two of my favorite games from the last five years. Swapper is really good too. I'm really looking forward to playing The Witness, Stardew Valley and The Stanley Parable.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Seems to be Final Fantasy deals time on PSN and Steam. I might pick up the PSP versions of Final Fantasy I and II for €5 each in advance of the podcast later in the year.
Craig

Post by Craig »

So this Humble Bundle comes with both Guacamelee Gold Edition and Super Turbo Edition - which one is the one to play? Any idea why there are both?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm a member of a few 'for sale and swapping' groups on Facebook, and yesterday saw someone selling 20 Wii games for £20. They had Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Smash Bros, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Donkey Kong Returns and a host of others. A real quality package. I messaged the seller saying I think she was underselling them, as I'd had a quick look on the CEX website and she'd have got over £60 for the lot of them - and that's cash, not store credit, and if she had a branch nearby (she did, she lived in a major city) she would be much better off selling to them or GAME.

The reply? To mind my own fucking business.

Hahahaha. Oh well!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Our local CEX has started selling Retrogames at insanely high markup.

The stock is building, probably because no-one is daft enough to pay £40 for a Dreamcast copy of Dynamite Cop, for example.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Alex79uk wrote:I'm a member of a few 'for sale and swapping' groups on Facebook, and yesterday saw someone selling 20 Wii games for £20. They had Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Smash Bros, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Donkey Kong Returns and a host of others. A real quality package. I messaged the seller saying I think she was underselling them, as I'd had a quick look on the CEX website and she'd have got over £60 for the lot of them - and that's cash, not store credit, and if she had a branch nearby (she did, she lived in a major city) she would be much better off selling to them or GAME.

The reply? To mind my own fucking business.

Hahahaha. Oh well!
'No good deed' and all that! I'd be tempted to buy them and sell them on myself, and use the money for the new Zelda.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I definitely would have done if she was nearer but it was over an hours drive away.
macstat

Post by macstat »

We have another Civilization bundle. Its not a shock since its been on HB couple of times before. This time in last tier you also have expansions ot Beyond Earth.

Also on "beat the average" tier you have a 20% or 25% discount for CIV6 (for normal or deluxe editions). Its actually a nice deal if you wanted to buy CIV6 anyway. Right now tier cost is about 7.5 euro, and discount on normal edition is about 12 euro. So you effectively get a tiny discount of 9-10% on CIV6 and civ 5 games as a bonus :).
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

i know some haven't played civ V yeat but if there is a civ VI out why would you want to. it's not exactly a story driven game and presumably civ VI only improved on V. :D