Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
kintaris

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by kintaris »

EDIT: ooh, it's back up to £80. I'll leave this here in case it drops again. January sale price released too early maybe?

This rather insane deal on both South Park games on Xbox One - £4! - is brought to you by The Computer Game Show's Discord community:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/south-park ... UQodagoDzA
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Damn that would have been a great deal! Although surely a mistake rather than a premature January sale price at £4!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Steam sale klaxon.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

HUGE PSN sales happening right now

I thought I'd get the opinion of the one or the other local shoot 'em up expert on Raiden V before buying it. Is it worth it for a casual fan of the genre like myself, or is it aimed at the hardcore pixel-perfect purists? Is it heavy on questionable fan-service?
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Alex79uk wrote: December 21st, 2017, 5:53 pm Damn that would have been a great deal! Although surely a mistake rather than a premature January sale price at £4!
I just received my "sorry, can't get away with that" email from Tesco :(
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Colossal PSN deals on, yeah. I've still not played RE7 so thinking I might have a punt at £15.

GT Sport is also a monster, getting better and better, and just had a big single player update today, plus new cars and a couple of tracks. It's the best driving game of this or last generation, as far as I'm concerned.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 2:14 pm Colossal PSN deals on, yeah. I've still not played RE7 so thinking I might have a punt at £15.
By the way, Nex Machina is part of that deal as well. I seem to recall you were waiting for a sale a few weeks back. :)
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

KSubzero1000 wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 11:25 am
HUGE PSN sales happening right now

I thought I'd get the opinion of the one or the other local shoot 'em up expert on Raiden V before buying it. Is it worth it for a casual fan of the genre like myself, or is it aimed at the hardcore pixel-perfect purists? Is it heavy on questionable fan-service?
Yay! My time to shine!

I would say Raiden V is a solid shooter, but to the casual fan... hmm... I would recommend Raiden IV over this (if you were going the Raiden route).

It's difficulty has less to do with complex bullet patterns (and they do get more complex as the game goes along), and more to do with the fact that those bullets don't always stand out against the background. The art-style is great (with some really impressive boss designs), but sometimes everything tends to blend together.

So yeah, Raiden V: hardcore crowd more than casual.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Actually, I did end up finding your other post shortly after writing mine. So thanks for the (double) feedback! :P

My issue is that I tend to buy a lot of shmups because they, on paper at least, sound like they're totally up my alley, but I usually end up hitting a brick wall halfway through and losing interest shortly afterwards.

I'll think about it. The idea of a full-fledged title as opposed to an arcade one does sound enticing...
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Cheers for the Nex Machina tip, I actually picked it up a week or so back. Well worth it at full price. Great game.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

KSubzero1000 wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 10:02 pm Actually, I did end up finding your other post shortly after writing mine. So thanks for the (double) feedback! :P

My issue is that I tend to buy a lot of shmups because they, on paper at least, sound like they're totally up my alley, but I usually end up hitting a brick wall halfway through and losing interest shortly afterwards.

I'll think about it. The idea of a full-fledged title as opposed to an arcade one does sound enticing...
I paid full-price for the disc-based version a while ago, and from a price-point it's at a good price now. And realistically, sales happen all the time on PSN, so take you time. That sales circle is reliably constant. :D
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: December 22nd, 2017, 11:19 pm Cheers for the Nex Machina tip, I actually picked it up a week or so back. Well worth it at full price. Great game.
Ah, nice! I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't in fact confused you with someone else.

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 12:36 am And realistically, sales happen all the time on PSN, so take you time. That sales circle is reliably constant. :D
You'd think so, but I've been waiting for the BoI DLC to go on sale for months now, and still nothing!
I think I might give Raiden V a chance. Even if IV is better, I'd rather not play this type of game on a 360 or PS3 controller if I can help it.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I’ve just got my completion percentage for the year above 70%, so I’m not buying a damn thing till Jan 1.

*halo emoji*
*humblebrag emoji*
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I keep missing Hellblade being on sale. Maybe I should just buy it and play it.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Fusion Retro Books are doing the PDF versions of their Ocean, US Gold and Amiga books for free, today only though. https://t.co/aMRhrNnHGQ
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Red Solstice is currently free on Humble: https://www.humblebundle.com/
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Carmageddon TDR 2000 is currently free on GOG: https://www.gog.com/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

stvnorman wrote: January 1st, 2018, 7:46 pm Fusion Retro Books are going the PDF versions of their Ocean, US Gold and Amiga books for free, today only though. https://t.co/aMRhrNnHGQ
Bugger. I should really check this thread more often.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

PSN doing a bunch of PS4 games for £15.99 at the moment, including Hellblade and Odin Sphere.

Said I’d get Hellblade next time it was on sale, and I have done so.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Incidentally, both the TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies sites have a weekly post about what’s gone on sale that week, they have an automated thing that scrapes the store listings rather than going by what is posted on the company blogs.