Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
KSubzero1000

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by KSubzero1000 »

There is a nice PSN sale going on at the moment.

I bought Infinifactory for 8€. Absolute steal, this is hands down one of the best puzzle games I've ever played. It makes me feel like a complete imbecile one minute and a genius the next. It's activating neurons I didn't know I had.

So far, it's up there with The Witness and Portal for me. Perhaps I should play more puzzle games in general? I might do a thread once I'm done.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 10:21 pm Unreal Gold is free on GOG right now.
https://www.gog.com/
Came here to post this. It's also free on Steam, by the way.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

KSubzero1000 wrote: May 24th, 2018, 1:23 am There is a nice PSN sale going on at the moment.

I bought Infinifactory for 8€. Absolute steal, this is hands down one of the best puzzle games I've ever played. It makes me feel like a complete imbecile one minute and a genius the next. It's activating neurons I didn't know I had.

So far, it's up there with The Witness and Portal for me. Perhaps I should play more puzzle games in general? I might do a thread once I'm done.
I had one final splurge on this sale before my salary takes a significant dip. I'm going to have to ignore this thread from now on!

Andromeda can't be so bad that it's not worth £6, surely...

I also picked up a Hotline Miami bundle and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and some other things. Looking forward to chipping through these while not purchasing any more games for the foreseeable future... hopefully.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hacknet Deluxe is currently free on Humble:
https://www.humblebundle.com/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap(er than an official) PS4 pad? When my son and I play 2 player I always use my Vita as the controller and let him use the DS4, but looking for a cheapish 3rd party pad. One with full function, hopefully. I once owned a 3rd party PS3 pad that didn't have motion control in it which made some games impossible to play. Thanks!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

XCOM 2 for PC is currently only 4,49 euro on CDKeys!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: May 24th, 2018, 9:12 pm Can anyone recommend a decent cheap(er than an official) PS4 pad? When my son and I play 2 player I always use my Vita as the controller and let him use the DS4, but looking for a cheapish 3rd party pad. One with full function, hopefully. I once owned a 3rd party PS3 pad that didn't have motion control in it which made some games impossible to play. Thanks!
Are you any good at electronics? I have a dead one which stopped working the other day when I spilled a gin and tonic on it! Happy to post it to you gratis if you want to take it apart and see if it just needs a bit of dusting
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You can get Street Fighter Anniversary collection for £31.99 from Smyths if you preorder and collect in store on Switch. No idea of the amazon price as it is showing as out of stock. £44.99 on the eshop to buy digital
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

DomsBeard wrote: May 25th, 2018, 8:39 pm You can get Street Fighter Anniversary collection for £31.99 from Smyths if you preorder and collect in store on Switch. No idea of the amazon price as it is showing as out of stock. £44.99 on the eshop to buy digital
Honestly Smyths is becoming my go-to for pre-orders. Especially as I try to avoid Amazon at the moment for all sorts of reasons.

Smyths has consistently reliable service and usually a nice straightforward chunk of change off the price if you pre-order and collect. I'd definitely recommend that those of us in the UK include Smyths in the rota when shopping for the best deal.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Not a game as such, but the current Story Bundle eBook collection is a Boss Fight Games one.

$15 dollars for 10 books including the really quite marvellous one on Spelunky.

They vary in tone, the Spelunky one is part dev diary part design guide, others are more academic looks at a game, some of them feel a bit like a Cane and Rinse podcast in book form.

They’re all worth a look though.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Planescape: Torment is down to three tiny English pounds on Steam. Sold!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Is that the original or the Enhanced Edition?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Bought Street Fighter for £32.99 from Argos in the end
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

ratsoalbion wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:50 pm Is that the original or the Enhanced Edition?
Enhanced. The original doesn't seem to be for sale digitally anymore. Heard the Enhanced Edition is well done, though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Michiel K wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 12:39 am
ratsoalbion wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:50 pm Is that the original or the Enhanced Edition?
Enhanced. The original doesn't seem to be for sale digitally anymore. Heard the Enhanced Edition is well done, though.
The enhanced edition is on £3.49 on Android at the moment, too. Probably going to be a bit small for a phone, but I'd imagine it would be great on a larger tablet. I played through a fair bit of Baldurs Gate on iPad and it worked really well.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

GOG are giving Xenonauts away at the moment: https://www.gog.com/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

My PS+will expire in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to find a cheaper deal, if anyone spots one would they mind posting it here? Thank you! :)
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Alex79uk wrote: June 5th, 2018, 10:39 am My PS+will expire in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to find a cheaper deal, if anyone spots one would they mind posting it here? Thank you! :)
I've always found CD Keys to be pretty cheap - currently £33.99 for 12 months vs the £49.99 RRP.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-netw ... a569a1f11a
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Wow, great deal! Thanks a bunch for that! :)
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Fortified for PC and MAC is free on Steam until Friday. Not played it yet but looks like a pretty cool 50’s B-Movie style strategy game come shooter.