Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
kintaris

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by kintaris »

Flabyo wrote: January 21st, 2018, 11:46 am Incidentally, both the TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies sites have a weekly post about what’s gone on sale that week, they have an automated thing that scrapes the store listings rather than going by what is posted on the company blogs.
They also have a fun monthly game club podcast *ahem* *ahem* self-plug *ahem* ;)

On a technical point, I don't think TT scrapes quite so closely as TA. TA gets the jump on everything, the data appears within seconds if some of our latest scoops on erroneous price listings are anything to go by. Rich works very closely with Xbox themselves on the integration side. PS is always going to be trickier because the site is still growing - plus their split territories makes things difficult.

Take all that with a small pinch of salt as I'm not a techie, just a news guy :)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Salt & Sanctuary is showing up as 'Free' on the PS Store for me, for some reason. It doesn't seem to be a demo so worth checking out for PS4 and Vita if you haven't already - great game.

Edit: Ah, I guess it's the Vita part that's free given that I own the PS4 version.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Amnesia Collection for PC free on Humble:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018- ... free-on-pc
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Ps plus hit this month with a nice collection of stuff. One title I always wanted to pick up was psycho pass: mandatory happiness. A vita title with no cross buy until the USA plus listed, delisted and then listed again the ps4 version too. It's little known but Europe now has this addition as of a few days back so grab it now while you can :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

Rocket League is on sale on Switch. Anybody own this and is it a good port? I own it on PS4 and played a few games with friends and it was great fun even though I wasn't any good. Just wondering whether to pick this up so I could play it on the go and just use it to practice against the bots etc.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I have no first-hand experience with the Switch version, but I think it's fair to point out that RL is a multiplayer game at its core. I'm not sure you would get much value out of it from just playing against bots.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

ADumican83 wrote: February 11th, 2018, 12:13 pm Rocket League is on sale on Switch. Anybody own this and is it a good port? I own it on PS4 and played a few games with friends and it was great fun even though I wasn't any good. Just wondering whether to pick this up so I could play it on the go and just use it to practice against the bots etc.
I play it offline all the time and enjoy it greatly, though I'm shite so Pro level means it's still a steep learning curve. If you've put hundreds of hours in and can pull off aerials consistently well, then it may not be so good without WiFi.

It's a good version though from what I know. Few graphical sacrifices portable but controls well and runs at 60fps.
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

I'll definitely still play online but I just figured owning it on Switch would be a good way of learning to pull off some off those crazy aerials against the bots when I'm not online, traveling etc.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

ADumican83 wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:37 pm I'll definitely still play online but I just figured owning it on Switch would be a good way of learning to pull off some off those crazy aerials against the bots when I'm not online, traveling etc.
Well it's on sale for about £11 right now and as someone who has barely played anything else since it came out in October, I'd heartily recommend it!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

A years PS+ apparently less than half price (£20) at Tesco in store at the moment. Not sure how long it'll last, but it's a bargain for sure.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming ... reveal/amp
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Dead Space currently free on Origin and The King of Fighters 2002 free on GOG (both PC).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yakuza Kiwami is £11.99 on PSN right now.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That's brilliant, I've been wanting to pick that up. Just checked and the deal lasts in to March - roll on payday, I'll definitely be grabbing that! Thanks :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote: February 21st, 2018, 9:56 am Yakuza Kiwami is £11.99 on PSN right now.
Is that Yakuza 1?. I am after zero currently
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

DomsBeard wrote: February 21st, 2018, 11:45 am Is that Yakuza 1?. I am after zero currently
Yes, it's a heavily remastered version of the first game. Perfect follow-up to Zero, although purists like myself have minor gripes with its structure.

Btw, I think Nex Machina is also being discounted as part of the same sale.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Someone I know on Facebook has just posted a pic of Smyths selling all Wii U games at £10 and under?. No idea if this is national or online
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: February 21st, 2018, 11:51 am
DomsBeard wrote: February 21st, 2018, 11:45 am Is that Yakuza 1?. I am after zero currently
Yes, it's a heavily remastered version of the first game. Perfect follow-up to Zero, although purists like myself have minor gripes with its structure.
^ that.

I only came to the series with Zero last year after meaning to get in to it for ages. I loved it, can't wait to play Kiwami! I'm hoping the Yakuza 2 remaster rumors are true too.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Not a rumour, it’s already out in Japan.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: February 21st, 2018, 5:48 pm Not a rumour, it’s already out in Japan.
Excellent! Facts are better than rumours!

:lol: