Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

That's good. I was tempted to pick Witcher 3 up on the store for 15 quid, but it wouldn't get played for months so might as well wait till its even cheaper. There are about 5 or 6 really lengthy games I want to play at the moment, which would probably equate to about 3 years actual time to complete >_<
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote:I was tempted to pick Witcher 3 up on the store for 15 quid, but it wouldn't get played for months so might as well wait till its even cheaper. There are about 5 or 6 really lengthy games I want to play at the moment, which would probably equate to about 3 years actual time to complete >_<
It used to be that I recognised value in games with hours spent and sprawling worlds.

I find myself being drawn to smaller, or bite sized games. Platformers or other 'quick go' games.

Now I actively, unfortunately, try to avoid or pick my big long games in advance, just to allow time to play them, get into them and enjoy them.

I'm a big fan of the Mass Effect series so I have my eyes keenly set on that but with Zelda being such a time and attention vacuum, I may benifit from the delayed purchase.

Interesting about what you say regards the prices though and that it's no longer that that restricts game purchases but time, I'm exactly the same.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Some things have to be bought cheap to be played at a later date even with a huge backlog. Like Nintendo games when they're at a decent price for once before they go out of stock forever!
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Suits wrote:
Alex79uk wrote:I was tempted to pick Witcher 3 up on the store for 15 quid, but it wouldn't get played for months so might as well wait till its even cheaper. There are about 5 or 6 really lengthy games I want to play at the moment, which would probably equate to about 3 years actual time to complete >_<
It used to be that I recognised value in games with hours spent and sprawling worlds.

I find myself being drawn to smaller, or bite sized games. Platformers or other 'quick go' games.

Now I actively, unfortunately, try to avoid or pick my big long games in advance, just to allow time to play them, get into them and enjoy them.

I'm a big fan of the Mass Effect series so I have my eyes keenly set on that but with Zelda being such a time and attention vacuum, I may benifit from the delayed purchase.

Interesting about what you say regards the prices though and that it's no longer that that restricts game purchases but time, I'm exactly the same.
I do feel the same way in regards to it being a matter of time rather than money, and having to pace and delay the bigger, more time-consuming games. It's just the realities of adulthood.

I think that's why I've had little issue in investing in older arcade boards. With the money I've spent on those I could have easily afforded a Switch (easily), but there's already a huge collection of games on my shelves, never played, that need to be addressed first (plus the Switch needs a bit of time to settle in). And older arcade games don't require hours of your time to make progress: I can easily squeeze in a 20 minute session while waiting for dinner to cook in the oven.

Plus a lot of open worlds seem big for the sake of being big. But then if I was a teenager with nothing but time on my hands, then my attitude towards that would be very different.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh yeah, exactly. I used to directly relate the length of a game to the value. I used to be so in to JRPGs just because the money skint but time rich teenage me thought they were terrific value for money.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Final Fantasy XV is only a tenner on the PSN store at the moment, which seems like a bargain. Reckon I'll grab that to hoard for a rainy day.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79uk wrote:Final Fantasy XV is only a tenner on the PSN store at the moment, which seems like a bargain. Reckon I'll grab that to hoard for a rainy day.
That seems improbable at this point. Are you sure it's not the FFXV CG movie (Kingsglaive) or FFXIV?

Edit: It was a mistake - £29.99 now:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/03/22/ ... 99-on-psn/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Dammit, I literally checked as I posted that and it was a tenner :( wish I'd got it right away.

EDIT: FFS, it's saying 49.99 now!!

EDIT2: because I wasn't signed in.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Got it this morning after seeing a tweet before i left for work.€13.99 for FFXV, knew it had to be a mistake so grabbed it right away. There are some good sales on PSN at times but that price for a 3 month old game was ridiculous.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I picked up Doom PS4 for a tenner in Symths today.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Curious to play the remastered Final Fantasy Type-0 on PS4. For £5.99(prime)/£7.98 I'd look no further than here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantasy- ... B00QXG2E72
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Free copy of Dungeons II for a limited time

https://www.humblebundle.com/store
countstex

Post by countstex »

Alien Isolation Bundle, all 7 DLCs included for €8.19 (about £7.50) over on Bundle Stars:
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/ali ... collection

9 hours remaining at time of posting
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alan Wake is being sold off super-cheap (90% off - around £2) everywhere as the music licenses are about to expire and the game will no longer be available soon.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Bought Quantum Break with Alan Wake free for £6.99:

https://www.go2games.com/quantum-break? ... iatefuture

Already played through and enjoyed it at launch (then traded in) but always wanted to play it again to see how the other tv episodes pan out. For £7 I think it is well worth it. Fast postage too
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Forgot to add that I've been after Playstation Move controllers for my VR for ages and they have been £60 for a pair most places including CEX well CEX have obviously had everyone trade theirs in as they are selling them for £15 each
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The original Mount & Blade is free for a limited time over at GOG: https://www.gog.com/
countstex

Post by countstex »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 19th, 2017, 8:57 pm The original Mount & Blade is free for a limited time over at GOG: https://www.gog.com/
Well worth a go that folks. It's rough around the edges and graphically no beauty but once you are on the learning curve it's a super rewarding game.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Flash sale on PSN this weekend. Not a great lot to get excited about, but Megaman Legacy Collection is £4 on PS4. That seems a bargain, and it reviewed very well.

Personally I'm not interested in it for PS4, but I'd have definitely got it if it was on Vita. Anyway, I know there are a few MM fans on here, so grab it whilst you can!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Surprised no one mentioned that there's a digital sale on the Xbox of pretty much every 360 title that is backward compatible on the XBO. I picked up Alice: Madness Returns and Assassins Creed Rogue for very little, and there's a lot of seriously good games on there for less than four quid right now.