Dark Souls I, II and III

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
KSubzero1000

Re: Dark Souls I, II and III

Post by KSubzero1000 »

James wrote: September 14th, 2017, 3:08 pm Also, isn't there a trick weapon in Brotherhood Of The Wolf?
...Yes, there is! Good call. Although it is pretty much a carbon copy of Ivy's weapon from Soul Calibur, as directly stated by the director himself.

Interesting to think that it might in turn have influenced another video game all those years later.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Side note: Brotherhood of the Wolf shares the same director as the first Silent Hill movie (Christophe Gans).

This is the dumb shit I retain in my brain.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

So is that movie worth watching? Not heard of it before.
James

Post by James »

I'd say so. My memories are fuzzy, but I remember enjoying it.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Memories. I have that movie on VHS. :)

That artwork that Brutaldeluxe posted is awe-inspiring.
brutaldeluxe09

Post by brutaldeluxe09 »

don't even get me started on Bloodborne, I've got a similar if not greater obsession with that game. I've not seen Brotherhood of the Wolf yet, is it worth watching?

on Darks Souls, I think it's already been said before that Caspar David Friedrich has been used as a reference (though I can't remember where I saw it mentioned now). You can clearly see why.

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

brutaldeluxe09 wrote: September 15th, 2017, 8:17 pm I've not seen Brotherhood of the Wolf yet, is it worth watching?
Personally, I absolutely love it. However, if I were to give a somewhat... objective recommendation, I'd say that it's a movie which is very easy to love if you allow it to entertain you, but that it's also equally easy to find utterly ridiculous if you're in an overly critical mood. If that makes sense.

If a french-language period romance horror political thriller with religious subtext, great cinematography and lengthy Hong Kong-inspired action scenes (and garbage early 00's CGI) that takes itself both very seriously and not at all sounds like it might be up your alley, go for it and don't look back. If the description alone makes you roll your eyes, you might wanna stay away from it instead.

That film is like the MGS franchise, now that I think about it. It's both grandiose and moronic, and it will only work if you allow it to work. I think that's the best way I can explain it! :P

PS: These pictures of yours are really interesting, and I can definitely see the parallels to the Dark Souls universe.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

LET'S GO
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Maybe I'll finally try it out...
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I will be up for this on Switch if it is around £20
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

DomsBeard wrote: January 11th, 2018, 3:41 pm I will be up for this on Switch if it is around £20
No chance. Well, maybe eventually - but this will launch at 'full price', same as Skyrim.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

I have a feeling I'll be getting it even if it is full price. One of my all time favourite games.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I might get it, yeah.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm well pleased with this. The only question now is whether to get it for PS4 and play the game with a spangly lick of paint, or hold out until I eventually get a Switch and get the portable version. Given I played Bloodborne last year, am playing Dark Souls 3 now, and have a half finished second playthrough of Dark Souls 2 on the go, I don't think I'm in a rush to return to the first game, so I'll probably wait and pick it up with a Switch at some point. Very glad it's happening though!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: January 11th, 2018, 4:37 pm I might get it, yeah.
Are you sure? What if it costs £24,99? I hear that'd be asking too much. :P
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'd get it for £249 if necessary. I'll be getting this on the One X and Switch, I'm certain. Day one. I'll put the money aside on payday this month. This is beyond my expectations, especially after I got excited and deflated by the recent rumours and Bamco no info press event. Switch +Dark Souls is utter madness, to me. It's surely going to sell like a very very hot cake.

We're trying for a kid as of two weeks ago. I might put it off for another year.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Stanshall wrote: January 11th, 2018, 5:40 pm We're trying for a kid as of two weeks ago. I might put it off for another year.
Mate no, it's perfect timing. Most gaming I ever got done was when my partner was pregnant.

"Oh you're tired? You're having an early night again? OK. You are going for a nap in the middle of the afternoon? OK, see you in a bit. Hope you sleep well...."

:lol:
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'm suddenly more enthusiastic about bringing a smaller less well-behaved version of me into the world. Cheers, mate. Never even considered the pregnancy naps!
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Stanshall wrote: January 11th, 2018, 10:05 pm I'm suddenly more enthusiastic about bringing a smaller less well-behaved version of me into the world. Cheers, mate. Never even considered the pregnancy naps!
First six months are magic too. Let the baby kip on you whilst you play games and watch TV. I watched months worth of classic Dr Who... Magic days!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm about 4 or 5 hours in to Dark Souls 3, and my word a lot of this game world looks like it could have been in Bloodborne! Architecturally speaking, the game looks a lot more inspired by BB than it does Dark Souls!