The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by Alex79 »

Honestly - it's not amazing. It's quite good, but it's really nothing like Salt and Sanctuary. It's a straight up scrolling, platforming beat em up really, more like Ghouls & Ghosts or something. If you can grab it for under a fiver it's worth playing but just don't set your expectations too high. I'm about halfway through it I think and there's very little variety throughout the game.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Sony dragging their feet a bit over announcing Feb PS+ games it seems this month, but another site has reported PS4 owners are getting Little Big Planet 3 and Not A Hero. I don't care about LBP, but Not A Hero looks great. Fingers crossed it's confirmed within the next day or so!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yup, here's your February 2017 PS+ games;
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
Not a Hero (PS4)
Starwhal (PS3, Cross Buy with PS4)
Anna: Extended Edition (PS3)
Ninja Senki DX (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)
TorqueL (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)
Not the most exciting month ever, but a couple of interesting things in there I'm looking forward to playing. I can see the comments section after the official announcement exploding though. When you compare to Games With Gold, it does seem Sony are a little lacking in the last year or so.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The only one that interests me is Anna which I won't play as I don't have a PS3
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I have three out of the four GWG this month, and no interest in the other. I have none of these however.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Swings and roundabouts I guess. Starwhal looks interesting, and I'm pleased with Not A Hero. You make a good point though, the majority of the GwG games I already own too.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Aren't we missing the huge step forward here? Little Big Planet 3 is a "full" game!

Great news IMO. Maybe some day we'll get Knack :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'd always rather have a 'smaller' game that I'd play than I big/boxed game that I wouldn't though, personally speaking.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I know, I know, me too really. I'm just fed up we haven't had The Order yet :lol:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone get on the 4.50 FW beta? I tried but I don't think I've been successful. Details here: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/02 ... rts-today/

Best thing it seems is you can now install and play games from an external HDD, up to 8TB! That's pretty awesome!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah cool - turns out I did get on the beta after all! Downloading now...
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

any pro tips for a new ps 4 owner? i was thinking wether or not to get the Nintendo switch and found a ps4 for only 150€ and thought, well might as well get that now and wait and see how the switch turns out!

games I'm looking to get are bloodborne, nioh and the Nathan Drake collection at first.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'd definitely get Journey, plus Flower. Both marvellous exclusives, cheap, quite short. Wonderful, don't look at any spoilers.

Rocket League seems very well populated, it's pretty cheap, it's a lot of fun in both short bursts and longer sessions, increasingly addictive, ludicrous skill ceiling.

Driveclub is now excellent, arcadey, very very pretty racing. The season pass contains an almighty amount of content. Remarkable value.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I'll second all of Stanshall's recommendations. Rocket League is really a must-play if you're even remotely interested in multiplayer. Bloodborne is a great choice, one of the greatest games of the last decade in my opinion. Make sure to get the complete GoTY edition, though!

To add to that: Resogun is a wonderfully polished and arcadey gem. Responsive controls, satisfying mechanics, great amount of content. Low barrier of entry, too. Unlike most shmups, it is very accessible and easy to get into. You could easily end up spending hours upon hours trying to beat your highscores and such.

Yakuza 0 came out recently. An acquired taste, but also a great entry point into a fabulous franchise. Look it up to see if it might be up your alley.

There are quite a few past-gen ports to look into if you happen to have missed out on them. The Last of Us, God of War 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Resident Evil to name a few.

The Witcher 3 is fantastic, and that's coming from someone who generally dislikes WRPGs.

Have fun!
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

Stanshall wrote:I'd definitely get Journey, plus Flower. Both marvellous exclusives, cheap, quite short. Wonderful, don't look at any spoilers.

Rocket League seems very well populated, it's pretty cheap, it's a lot of fun in both short bursts and longer sessions, increasingly addictive, ludicrous skill ceiling.

Driveclub is now excellent, arcadey, very very pretty racing. The season pass contains an almighty amount of content. Remarkable value.
Thanks! I'll definitely try the Journey and Flower!
I prefer to do all my rally driving in real life on the icy back streets of Finland :D so i don't play a lot of car games. I've tried rocket league but didn't find it that interesting to be honest. maybe it would be more fun with friends or with a little more practice.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Ice driving sounds fun/dangerous! If you ever fancy throwing an F40 through an Indian village during a monsoon, DriveClub is the next best thing.

Rocket League didn't do anything for me at first, I probably played for half an hour and found it a bit frustrating and unintuitive. I only gave it another try a few weeks ago and within another half hour, something clicked and I've played it most days since. Definitely gets much more fun as you get better.
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

didn't mean to come of as discarding the driving games at all just that i get my fill from daily life :)

that's the feeling i got when i tried rocket league so I'll probably give it another try at some point!

resogun does look like something I'd be in to so I'll probably pick that one up!

thanks for all the suggestions!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Get Grow Home. It's brilliant.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Resogun is quite probably still my favourite PS4 exclusive.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Resogun is quite probably still my favourite PS4 exclusive.
How come your Survival highscore does not reflect that, then? All talk, no action! :P