The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Buckled Kipper

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Haven't played Earth Defence Force before so looking forward to that. Seems to be a lot of good Vita announcements at the moment.

Hopefully getting LBP next week.
MAp

Post by MAp »

Even though the HD version of Odyssey is on the way from Just Add Water (look at this screenshot!) I thought I should say that for the Mudokon's 15th anniversary you can get Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee and Exodus on PSN for £1.99 each (£1 if you're on PS+). I grabbed Exodus and on the Vita it still looks pretty good, although maybe not as good as that HD remake looks so far :)
MAp

Post by MAp »

Has anyone got hold of a PS mobile games for vita and android phones? Playstation mobile blog post
I'm interested in Super Crate Box but know nothing about the rest, although Twist Pilot looks like a rip off of Kuru kuru kuruin from the Gameboy Advanced, a series I'd love Nintendo to bring back :)
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

I've had a look at the games and they are all a bit meh, sadly. I'd hoped for Eufloria which was rumoured to be out on launch day.

I'd read that Nintendo were bringing a Kuru Kuru Kuruin game to Wii-U as a downloadable but I've not seen any news since.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

I've had a look at the games and they are all a bit meh, sadly. I'd hoped for Eufloria which was rumoured to be out on launch day.

I'd read that Nintendo were bringing a Kuru Kuru Kuruin game to Wii-U as a downloadable but I've not seen any news since.
MAp

Post by MAp »

I can recommend Super Crate Box if you like quick 5min burst games. It was originally a free PC game that you can still download here http://www.supercratebox.com/, and there was a IOS version but with the floaty touchscreen controls it didn't play too well.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

I wasn't too keen on Super Crate Box.

The two I've enjoyed so far are Beats Slider and Tractor Trails
MAp

Post by MAp »

Edge to the rescue with a round up of all the PS mobile release games

It seems like the only games worth going near are Super Crate Box, Fuel Tiracas, Beats Slider and maybe Numblast. Sadly the Kuru Kuru Kuruin clone looks like a touch screen based mess :(

Also I know it's a PS1 classic but one of my fondest PS1 memories Tomba (or Tombi?) is out this week! If you like your 2D platformers it's worth checking out.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I picked Fuel Tiracas last night. I'm into it. FuturLab seem like they know their shit.

As a launch, I'm liking how PSM is looking so far. Between the price range, and the variety, this seems to be what Minis *should* have been.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

PS Vita plus detail have been announced with the the free games including Gravity Rush (probably my goty), Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack, Uncharted & Chronovolt. Great news for anyone thinking of buying a Vita.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Crazy good launch for PS+ on Vita.

Quick suggestion for anyone who doesn't currently own a Vita, but, might pick one up in the future: if you already have PS+, go ahead and start / cancel a download of the PS+ games on your PS3, so that, for whenever you do buy one, you'll still be able to download those games again from your download history.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

As per usual I already own half of those games. But hey, I get the other half for free! :)
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Sean wrote:Crazy good launch for PS+ on Vita.

Quick suggestion for anyone who doesn't currently own a Vita, but, might pick one up in the future: if you already have PS+, go ahead and start / cancel a download of the PS+ games on your PS3, so that, for whenever you do buy one, you'll still be able to download those games again from your download history.
Oh, of course! Thanks Sean, I will do that
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Good call!
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

I Lovefilmed both Uncharted & Gravity Rush so it will be good to have both on my card. Never finished Uncharted so look forward to correcting that. And Gravity Rush is crying out for a second run through, plus I fancy getting all the dlc.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

My main hope in all of this is that it encourages people to play Mutant Blobs Attack, rather than just ignoring it.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Hey! I bought it didn't I! ;) I'am about a third of the way through it, and really enjoying it so far.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

PlexShaw wrote:My main hope in all of this is that it encourages people to play Mutant Blobs Attack, rather than just ignoring it.
I shall deffinately be giving this a go on the 21st.
Haly

Post by Haly »

Very glad to see Gravity Rush in the line up as I've often nearly bought it :) Already own Uncharted but still a good deal for others.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

Vita sales are starting to look terminal.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/14/36455 ... record-low

Sadly PS+ may well be the last throw of the dice.