The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by Alex79 »

Salt & Sanctuary is finally making its way to Vita next week - and it is cross buy! Really pleased about this. I thought what I played on PS4 was brilliant, but it's kind of fallen by the wayside whilst I play Yakuza and Bloodborne. Having it on handheld instead will be awesome.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

This month's PS+ titles are:

Drawn to Death (PS4)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (PS4)
10 Second Ninja X (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)
Curses ‘n Chaos (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (PS3)
Alien Rage (PS3)

Not a particularly great month for me after last months brilliant selection, but I'm sure plenty of people will love them. Don't really do online play or co-op so the two lead PS4 offerings won't really be at their best when I'm playing them, but May is only a month away! Little disappointed the heavily rumoured The Order didn't show up :(
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I think I have had a mini disaster, today I put GTA5 into my PS4 for the first time in a long time. After a big update it started from the beginning!! I was way over halfway though last I played. Then I remembered that I had changed hard drive since then, so I checked the cloud for a old save. There was only the new one :? . Is there any thing I have Miss or will I have to start from the beginning again , should I bother too!!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Bakers_12 wrote:I think I have had a mini disaster, today I put GTA5 into my PS4 for the first time in a long time. After a big update it started from the beginning!! I was way over halfway though last I played. Then I remembered that I had changed hard drive since then, so I checked the cloud for a old save. There was only the new one :? . Is there any thing I have Miss or will I have to start from the beginning again , should I bother too!!
That's weird as I recently reinstalled GTA V (I bought it digitally) and I had it hard crash twice and then come up with an in game error twice taking me back to my last save. It has happened after the jewellery store heist each time. I've not checked it since.

My PS+ is up for renewal today and I'm not going to renew it. I've not touched a ps+ game in the past year I think and I never play online anymore even with SFV sitting on my hard drive. I've just started Andromeda on PS4 too.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

DomsBeard wrote:My PS+ is up for renewal today and I'm not going to renew it. I've not touched a ps+ game in the past year I think and I never play online anymore even with SFV sitting on my hard drive. I've just started Andromeda on PS4 too.
I very nearly did the same thing last month but kind of got cold feet and renewed in the end. It's almost like I've been conditioned to feel like a need the service available to me even if in reality it gets very little use.

I've not touched a PS+ game in many moons and while I have a bank of titles that I kid myself into thinking I'll play at some point, it's very unlikely to happen.

I also only ever indulge in multiplayer on Xbox One as that's where my two regular gaming buddies are, so really, I have no need for PS+.

Maybe I'll be a little braver next year...by which time I'll probably have subscribed to Nintendo's service on the Switch as well...I'm such a sucker :roll:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

:lol: Guess who didn't realise he had his ps+ subscription on auto renew?
Sinclair Gregstrum

Haha! Ah well! There's always next year!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I picked up the Uncharted Collection off a mate on disc for a tenner a couple of weeks ago. Think I'm going to take a break from Yakuza to blast through the first game - really looking forward to it, I've not played those games for ages.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

This seemed like the most appropriate thread: my copy of Persona 5 (Take Your Heart ed.) arrived via UPS on Friday. As I am still in the process of moving (from one unit to another - literally across the driveway) it is currently sitting on an empty shelf, unplayed but at least unpacked.

While I haven't played the game, or any games for that matter, I at least copied across the soundtrack across to my various iPods, so small progress. :ugeek:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone bothered with Drawn To Death? I played about 12 matches tonight and really enjoyed it!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Bakers_12 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 9:22 pm I think I have had a mini disaster, today I put GTA5 into my PS4 for the first time in a long time. After a big update it started from the beginning!! I was way over halfway though last I played. Then I remembered that I had changed hard drive since then, so I checked the cloud for a old save. There was only the new one :? . Is there any thing I have Miss or will I have to start from the beginning again , should I bother too!!
Have you checked that it wasn't backed up on your cloud saves? If so, you can import that save back into your console
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

If anyone is interested there is a closed beta for the new Gran Turismo this weekend. I love those games so signed up and got accepted straight away so it seems like if you apply you'll get in, if anyone else likes those games? Can't wait!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Cheers, Alex, I'll give that a go.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I managed to get a couple of races during the frustratingly limited window of time the beta of Gran Turismo is open for. It was......alright? I mean it was fine. But graphically it looks no better than the two last gen games whatsoever. Not exactly the leap forward I was hoping for. I'll give it another go if I can get on during its stupid open times, but it hasn't blown me away. I'll still buy it, because it's Gran Turismo and I love the series, but come on guys, jazz it up a bit!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Actually, the more I read, I don't think I will get it. It seems like it's going to be a really cut back version of the game, and I still have GT 5 and 6 on the PS3.

No, after reading a couple of glowing review I've decided to pick up the already out and by now quite cheap Project Cars instead.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

May Playstation Plus games:

Alienation (PS4)
Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)
Blood Knights (PS3)
Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants (PS3)
Laser Disco Defenders (PS Vita)
Type: Rider (PS Vita)

Pleased with Tales from the Borderlands. I've been wanting to play this for a while, as I've really enjoyed the other Telltale games I've played. Hadn't heard of Alienation but it's from the guys who did Resogun and Dead Nation, so it's likely to be rather decent.

PS3 offerings are completely underwhelming, but the Vita choices both look fairly fun.

Can't help wishing they'd knock the PS3 games on the head now though, and offer another PS4 one - but that's just me being selfish (although quite often the Vita games are cross buy with PS4 nowadays to be fair).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Abzu replaces Alienation in the US.

I liked Dead Nation a lot but Alienation kinda ruined it for me with its Diablo-esque loot grind.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Always been intrigued by Tales From The Borderlands as many herald it as the best of the TT series whether you have any interest in the franchise or not.

Overall looks to be a decent line-up, although many are complaining about Alienation, not because it's not a good game, but because it was included in the PS+ double discount sale last month and has now been given away for nothing. LIttle bit cash-grabby of Sony that...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Well that happens all the time. I'm glad we are getting it rather than Abzu though since I paid for that a couple of months back.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Kinda glad for the swap from Abzu, something about open water that gives me the heebyjeebies.
just looking at screenshots of that game gives me some weird horrible feeling of vertigo :S