Dishonored

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Dishonored

Post by JaySevenZero »

There are many games these days that dazzle us with their graphical fidelity and the promise of something fresh, but of those are are set to receive a release this year I have to say that I'm intrigued by Arkane Studio's Dishonoured.

I certainly like what I see of Half Life 2 visual design director Viktor Antonov's steampunk style city design and the gameplay has shades of games that have impressed me greatly in the past, such as the Bioshock titles and Thief: Deadly Shadows.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Dishonoured

Post by ratsoalbion »

Of course, even though it's being developed in France, a US publisher dictates that the title is in fact Dishonored.
:P
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Dishonored

Post by JaySevenZero »

Corrected :oops:

Though, I think they should also release a European version with the correct spelling too!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

A Special Edition, yeah.

More important than indulging my pedantry though is that yes, the game looks really rather interesting.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

As Sean Bell has mentioned in the past, I like that they are actually showing you how many different approaches you can take, rather than just telling us. And it also doesn't look like you have to lock your self into one style of play, like Deus Ex: HR.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I like any game that allows the player to approach missions/combat as they see fit, it most certainly adds to the possibility of multiple playthroughs. The are some pretty interesting gameplay mechanics on show in this game which it turn could lead to quite a creative approach to dispatching enemies etc.

Whilst we won't know how good the story is until the game is released, it's setting is definitely engaging.
James

Post by James »

My long-standing position is to tolerate the spelling essentially as is. I refuse to correct the lack of due care being paid to regional spelling differences by the developer/publisher, instead choosing to make it clear that I hold this decision in utter disdain.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I recommend henceforth that we refer to the game by its true title...

Dishonored [sic]
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Heh heh, very good.
Rare

Post by Rare »

Dishonored Prequel -- The Tales from Dunwall, Part 1

magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Dishonored is probably my most anticipated game at the moment, looks like it will press all my gaming buttons!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

The previews I've read have all said the same thing "this is going to be pretty special". I'm not planning to Day One it, though when the reviews hit and they say "it's amazing", that may well change.
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

I've had this pre-ordered pretty much since I first heard about it.

Love the style of the world, the powers look really interesting and could lead to very different play styles. Very much looking forward to it! :D
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've not payed it much attention since the word Bioshock was mentioned. I'm the only person in the world who didn't like the game. Might Lovefilm it if it gets high reviews
MblockHead

Post by MblockHead »

Very interested in this game. The setting looks fantastic and the game style looks like it could be a winning blend of games like Bioshock, Thief and Assassin's Creed.

I must be slightly pessimistic though in that however much developers laud the elements of 'free choice' in certain games, its never as much as you were expecting. If this title doesn't just turn out to be a succession of assassinations, where you get the choice of going through the door or the window, and some actual story driven mission variety, it could be a belter.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I hadn't read much about this game, but after listening to the PSM3 podcast I'm looking forward to it.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

So this is out next week then? Well after reading several previews, I'm proper up for this now. Day One it is :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Certainly looked promising at the Eurogamer Expo. Per ordered!
jwalsh82

Post by jwalsh82 »

Game looks very good.

Funilly enough I didn't like Bioshock or Assassin's Creed (need to give those another go) but this looks brilliant - and will be a nice change of pace from Darksiders II.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

jwalsh82 wrote:Funilly enough I didn't like Bioshock or Assassin's Creed (need to give those another go) but this looks brilliant - and will be a nice change of pace from Darksiders II.
Curious to know why you didn't get on with either of those two games?
Rare

Post by Rare »

Continued...

Dishonored Prequel -- The Tales from Dunwall, Part 2

Dishonored Prequel -- The Tales from Dunwall, Part 3

Seriously cannot wait for this game!

Released on 12-Oct-2012