The Monster Hunter thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Scrustle

Re: The Monster Hunter thread

Post by Scrustle »

PressEscToExit wrote:If you're worried about the lobby crapping out, I don't mind hosting under those same details? I can have it set up for 6.40
That would be great if you could do that, thanks. I just thought I should set up the details since no one else had done it yet, but I'd prefer if someone else could host, just in case.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

apologies, having some of those classic wiiu network issues myself. should be up in 5 mins

We are go. Witness my mighty screen name.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Cool beans. Connecting now.

My Wii U just made a funny noise and the whole thing crashed. Strange. That's happened before. Every time its been when I lose connection in monster hunter.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Ah well, it disconnected again. Butwe got a few good hunts in so that's okay. Have to go now, seeya
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Good hunting, gents. Apologies to Scrustle for repeatedly smacking him in the face with an accordion. Definitely up for more hunts in the future.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

It's okay. That stuff just happens sometimes. I'm sure I probably hit you a few times too. It's hard to keep your weapons only hitting the monster when there's multiple hunters in the fray.

But that was some good hunting. Definitely something we should do again.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Not completely sure if I'll be free again this Thursday, but if I am, and if I was to set up a lobby, would you guys like to hunt again?
If you're interested, please come. I am up for hunting anything, if someone needs help with hr 1 or 2 stuff I'd be glad to help as well.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

I was just about to post about this :lol:

I'm free Thursday and Friday night, ready to serve up some more musical justice. I'd like to try to lop the tail off a Nargacuga at some point if you guys are up for that? The part I need is only about a 1 in 5 drop but taking the tail off bumps up the odds a wee bit apparently. No rush though, just eager to get some more co-op experience under my belt.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm up for Thursday or Friday. Don't think I've ever gone up against a Nargacuga before though.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Me neither. I was looking through the monster list and was surprised to see how many I haven't yet encountered, thought I might have seen most of them seeing as I'm 70 hours in!
But yeah I'll be up for hunting one of those.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

Do you guys need a fourth member? I'd like to get some more experience with the game; I've not played terribly much, and am only HR2 or 3 (I can't remember).
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Yeah absolutely Capin, it'd be great to have a fourth. I'm PressEscToExit on Miiverse if you want to add me.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

Cool beans. If there happened to be a hunt on Thursday, I'd join it ;)

I'm CapinGreen on Miiverse by the way, feel free to add me.
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Me and CapinGreen were playing last night and had a horrible experience with a Nibelsnarf. We need to exact revenge tonight
Also, if someone else with a good stable connection could host the room, that would be great. Mine kept disconnecting.

And has anyone else experienced the game locking up on them? It's happened 4 or 5 times now. When I'm online, sometimes it'll just completely freeze up and the speakers will make a nice loud buzzing noise.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I was just coming here to ask when a lobby was being set up and by who. Like I've said before, I'll do it no one else can, but I'd rather not.

I'd be happy to help taking down the Nibelsnarf though. I'm pretty experienced with them.

I've not experienced the game ever locking up on me though. What happens when I usually host a room is that everything is totally fine in the lobby area, then about 5 or 10 minutes in to any actual hunt, I see every other player "disconnect", and when I exit back to the lobby it just kicks me out of it too.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

I could set one up. I've not had any network trouble hosting before, although I've not done it too often.

I could set it up around 8? Although if you want to set up a lobby before then I could just join that at 8.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

The only way I can connect to other players at all on WiiU is to ignore my router entirely and set up a wired connection straight from the modem. The online setup on that machine can be an absolute arse ache at times.

I don't mind hosting, my connection's usually pretty stable once I get a lobby going. What time were you thinking tonight?

Also, I eat Nibelsnarfs (-snarves?) for breakfast.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the above. 8 o'clock is fine with me.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

Well if it's easier for you to host than to join would you prefer to set up the lobby?
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Nah I have to bypass the router either way. Feel free to start it up and I'll join.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

I've just set up a room in 03 free c, lobby 1. Name is C&R, password is cnr1