Gaming as a parent / raising little gamers

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Michiel K

Re: Gaming as a parent / raising little gamers

Post by Michiel K »

ratsoalbion wrote: September 21st, 2018, 10:25 am He’s whistfully pondering whether or not he will retain his lustrous head of hair...
:|
Nupraptor

Post by Nupraptor »

My older daughters are currently eight and ten. I've had an amazing time playing video games with them over the past few years. First "proper"game we played together was "Tearaway" on the PS4 which was so creative and just a joy to play.
We have all really enjoyed the Switch which has a lot of Kiddie friendly games. Mario Kart and Overcooked are superb for multiplayer.
Working through breath of the Wild with them was an absolute joy. I needed to give them a hand with some of the trickier bits of combat and the shrines, but they were always discovering new places and secrets before I did through exploration. Working with them to get all the hidden memories is probably the best gaming experience that I have ever had.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

^^^^ Same here, that was great. Both my kids were totally absorbed by Breath of the Wild and I was too. We all go back to it regularly.