Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
Simonsloth

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Simonsloth » November 28th, 2017, 10:40 am

I’ve not looked through all 60+ pages of previous suggestions so apologies for duplicates. My suggestions are:

Timesplitters
Bio shock infinite
Hit man (episodic release)
Walking dead season 2
What remains of Edith finch
Oxenfree
Inside
Virginia
Shadow of memories
Danganronpa series
Virtues last reward

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » November 28th, 2017, 11:50 am

All on the list already, you’ll be glad to hear.

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » November 28th, 2017, 1:36 pm

All of them? Wow. Is there a post with the long list on as I’d be intrigued to know what’s been suggested so far?

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » November 28th, 2017, 2:18 pm

The long list has been running since 2011 and contains over 1550 suggestions from the team and the community, so it's quite hard to hit upon a game or series that no-one's thought of.

We keep it between us and our potential guests though, sorry!

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 » November 28th, 2017, 2:30 pm

Simonsloth wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 1:36 pm
Is there a post with the long list on as I’d be intrigued to know what’s been suggested so far?
You can use this thread's search function if you're curious about a specific title. It usually works. But it's safe to assume that all the obvious ones have been mentioned already.

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo » November 28th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Don’t let that stop you suggesting things though. Sure they already have most things, but sometimes even a really obvious one will slip through the cracks...

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » November 28th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Yes, what Flabyo said.

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » November 28th, 2017, 9:23 pm

1550 suggestions! Crikey I don’t think I know that many games let alone that many good ones. So if there’s one podcast a week then that’s the next 30 years sorted...provided there’s no more suggestions :)

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 » November 28th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Oh, I just thought of one: Ninja Blade.

The game is kind of trash, but I thought it might provide an interesting counterpart to all the character action heavyweights you've covered this year. Exploring the intricacies of what exactly makes this title pale in comparison to others should provide some interesting discussion material, especially with genre enthusiasts like Michiel on board. Plus, it's from FROM Software! That should add some fuel to the fire in and of itself.

I mean, Cane and Rinse isn't just for extraordinary games, is it? Surely there's room for mediocre ones as well?

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » November 28th, 2017, 10:55 pm

We add every suggestion to the list and every one is considered. Ultimately though we can only make podcasts about the games that people on the team actually want to play and talk about of course.

Ninja Blade has been added to the list.

Hunter30

Post by Hunter30 » November 30th, 2017, 10:26 pm

I know this is probably totally the wrong place to put this post, but I just wanted to say how eagerly I'm anticipating the Volume Seven list. Looking through the new C&R lineup when it's released is fast becoming a Christmas tradition as beloved as pigs in blankets and circling all the things I want to watch in the bumper edition of the Radio Times (yes, I'm one of those people). :-)

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » December 3rd, 2017, 9:10 pm

Haha I thought I was the only one who did that! To be honest it’s the only time I buy the radio times now sadly. I’ve decided I’m going to properly play along this time as previously I’ve been listening after playing wishing I’d been able to air my views. Just played snatcher and blade runner as these were among the few I hadn’t played

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » December 3rd, 2017, 10:57 pm

Aw, that's really good to hear you guys.

We really look forward to planning and then revealing the year ahead, even though it is a real production number!

ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 » December 9th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Any news with regards to when the list will be announced? It must be soon, right?

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » December 9th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Last year it was Christmas Eve.

Bloody Initiate

Post by Bloody Initiate » December 13th, 2017, 3:05 pm

I would like to re-suggest/refresh my suggestion of Phantom Dust for the Pc and Xbox One.

Only because the game received a full reboot, is entirely free to play for PC and Xbox Gamers (even if you don’t have an Xbox Live Gold subscription), and was rebooted by a major publisher who didn’t make a lot of money on it the first time. It’s cross-platform, and you can even pull your save between your PC and Xbox.

It was unique before, but the circumstances by which it exists now are also unique, which is the only reason I post this.

Sorry to duplicate, but everyone has games they wish would be rebooted and KNOW won’t be. I never believed this game would come out again, and it’s a multiplayer game anyone with an Xbox One or Windows can play for free and with anyone else who’s playing. My first night of multiplayer on Xbox I was partnered with a guy on PC and we used voice communication to overcome our enemies. Damn unique.

ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 » December 13th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Hunter30 wrote:
November 30th, 2017, 10:26 pm
I know this is probably totally the wrong place to put this post, but I just wanted to say how eagerly I'm anticipating the Volume Seven list. Looking through the new C&R lineup when it's released is fast becoming a Christmas tradition as beloved as pigs in blankets and circling all the things I want to watch in the bumper edition of the Radio Times (yes, I'm one of those people). :-)
Well the Radio Times is out so we're almost there.

James

Post by James » December 14th, 2017, 5:16 pm

PSN/Steam/Twitter/XBL: CarterCommaJ
Switch: SW-8371-1114-5370

Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo » December 19th, 2017, 9:51 pm

I know this is still pretty new by C&R standards but I feel Horizon Zero Dawn really should get its own episode. It has been my GOTY and I think there is much breadth for discussion including the characters, world, gameplay (particularly combat), story and general themes. For me, it is easily the most compelling and distinctive open world game to come out in a long time.

James

Post by James » December 19th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Fear not, it is on the big spreadsheet!

We can't, of course, make any promises as to if/when it'll be covered, but we do have a couple of big HZD fans on the team.

There isn't really any hard and fast rule about how soon after release we cover a game, but we rarely cover anything within a year of release, often two. HZD is still new, (and the DLC too), but definitely seems like a game that would be popular for C&R to cover. Anyone else interested in a Horizon: Zero Dawn issue?
PSN/Steam/Twitter/XBL: CarterCommaJ
Switch: SW-8371-1114-5370