All things Deus Ex

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Our next podcast recording (11.2.16): Deus Ex

Post by Alex79 »

All I remember about this game was Kieron Gillens review in PC Gamer. I only ever played the opening stage and couldn't really gel with it. Don't worry - I'm not expecting that to be read out on the podcast, haha!
Todinho

Re: Deus Ex

Post by Todinho »

Didnt knew where else to put this but I found this fascinating,Elias Toufixis(the voice actor of Adam Jensen)plays Mankind Divided and awnsers questions,really cool stuff:
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: All things Deus Ex

Post by JaySevenZero »

I've recently played through Mankind Divided a couple of times (damn those branching narratives!). Overall, I was left impressed by its story and how it played out, even despite the 'Human Restoration Act' plot device being kinda illogical from where I stood. I ended up playing it in a very similar way to the Dishonored trilogy, in that it was mostly stealth play with the occasional splash of murder spree when things didn't go to plan!

Although, to be honest, almost everything was overshadowed when I saw that Jim Miller was voiced by none other than Vernon Wells (Mad Max 2, Commando)!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

RockPaperShotgun did one of them oral history articles about the first Deus Ex game.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/0 ... l-pc-game/
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

They also covered the soundtrack remix album that just came out by a couple of the game's composers: 'Conspiravision'. It's on Spotify and it's pretty great.