What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by dezm0nd »

Flabyo wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 9:42 am 40k inquisitor might be worth a look, it’s a Diablo clone by the guys who made the Van Helsing games.
Oh? Now i'm interested! Big week for games, it seems. Surprising really as its E3 week
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Didn't realise Vampyr was the Life Is Strange and Remember Me teams. Very interested now
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

dezm0nd wrote: June 4th, 2018, 6:45 am
Flabyo wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 9:42 am 40k inquisitor might be worth a look, it’s a Diablo clone by the guys who made the Van Helsing games.
Oh? Now i'm interested! Big week for games, it seems. Surprising really as its E3 week
Shame the console ports of it have been delayed again, just the pc version out this week.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Ah, that's a shame. Guess i'll have to play more sea of thieves instead!
macstat

Post by macstat »

dezm0nd wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 5:43 am
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset - PS4, XBO
Its also out on PC, and technically they gave PC players about one week of "early access".
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Lost Child - NS, PS4, PSVita
MUSYNX - NS
Vegas Party - NS
Mario Tennis Aces - NS
New Gundam Breaker - PS4
Suits

Post by Suits »

Flashback the 25th anniversary edition is also out this week on Switch - not too sure about other platforms mind you.

It was delayed but mine got shipped on Friday for release this week it seems.

The physical edition comes with a cool bunch of nonsense.

https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-swi ... witch-game
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I am appalled by the fact that in all the promotional shots for the game they have the 'smear' filter turned on, absolutely brutalising the game's lovely pixel art.

I really hope that it is just an option in the final release, although it pains me to think how many people will leave it on if it is there by default.

Always makes me think of this: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art ... ation.html
Suits

Post by Suits »

Man, DAFUQ that woman turned Jesus in to a Proboscis Monkey :lol: .

I never even considered that it wouldn't have the original graphics as an option.... :o
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Flashback is one where I’m quite happy to just stick with my Megadrive copy.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Suits wrote: June 18th, 2018, 4:10 pmI never even considered that it wouldn't have the original graphics as an option.... :o
I'm confident it will be there, but there are examples of games in the past having anti-aliasing fixed to on, which is a travesty!
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote: June 18th, 2018, 4:54 pm
Suits wrote: June 18th, 2018, 4:10 pmI never even considered that it wouldn't have the original graphics as an option.... :o
I'm confident it will be there, but there are examples of games in the past having anti-aliasing fixed to on, which is a travesty!
Anti-aliasing, in most applications, more so on the 16/32bit consoles never looks good in my opinion - I can see why its used on modern display panels though.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

KONA, one of my favourite games from last year, has got a PSVR release this week.

VR addon is 6 euros, full bundle selling for 20.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

The Last Blade 2 is this week's Neo Geo release on Switch this Thursday. I've never played it but the first game is one of the most beautiful 2D fighters ever made, and it plays wonderfully. The sequel is meant to be even better.

Also, Gunbird 2 is out on the same day. It's supposed to be one of the very best Psikyo vertical shmups and having really enjoyed the original, I'll be picking this up, too. Again, it's meant to be a noticeable improvement over the original. They've certainly drip-fed these ports sensibly, they're getting better and better.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Stanshall wrote: June 19th, 2018, 6:13 pm The Last Blade 2 is this week's Neo Geo release on Switch this Thursday. I've never played it but the first game is one of the most beautiful 2D fighters ever made, and it plays wonderfully. The sequel is meant to be even better.

Also, Gunbird 2 is out on the same day. It's supposed to be one of the very best Psikyo vertical shmups and having really enjoyed the original, I'll be picking this up, too. Again, it's meant to be a noticeable improvement over the original. They've certainly drip-fed these ports sensibly, they're getting better and better.
There's definitely a step up in quality in Gunbird 2 over the first game, and yeah, I would consider it one of the best Psikyo shmups. Gunbird is alright, but I'd definitely recommend the sequel first.

The difference between the two Last Blade games in terms of quality is far more slight by comparison... you're not going to lose by picking one over the other. Both are really beautifully animated.

It's a golden time for these ports!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Rest of the month

De Blob Remastered - NS
Hunting Simulator - NS
Lumines Remastered - Win, NS, PS4
Nier: Automata - XBO
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit - Win, PS4, XBO
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - NS
Inside - NS
Limbo - NS
MotoGP 18 - NS
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Win, NS, XBO
The Crew 2 - Win, PS4, XBO
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk - PSVita
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - NS
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I'm excited for Crash on the PC. Never played more than an hour of them on the PS1, being a Nintendo Teen. Glad I can make up for lost time there.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Really looking forward to Lumines, never played it before and it looks superb. Heard great things.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I really liked the idea behind Lumines but I never really found my moment with it. I couldn't really work out the mechanics beyond the basics.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Unfortunately, I woke up at about 2am because of the heat, decided to see whether Lumines was on the eShop yet and now my exhausted mind is purely made up of tumbling blocks.