What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by dezm0nd »

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - PS4, PSVita, Win
DWVR - PSVR
Fallout 4 GOTY Edition - Win, PS4, XBO
Hob - Win, PS4
Lightfield - PS4, XBO
Light Tracer - PS4
Megaton Rainfall - PS4, PSVR
Pinball FX 3 - Win, PS4, XBO
Raid: World War II - Win
Ruiner - Win, PS4, XBO
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash - PS4
Sine Mora EX - NS
SteamWorld Dig 2 - PS4, PSVita
Outcast – Second Contact - Win, PS4, XBO
Total War: Warhammer II - Win
Cuphead - Win, XBO
FIFA 18 - Win, NS, PS3, PS4, X360, XBO
Gundam Versus - PS4
Star Fox 2 - SNES
Golf Story - NS
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Argh, I think PES 2018 is rather excellent - but it doesn’t have the Amex and proper player likenesses in it so it looks like I’ll be double-dipping footy-wise yet again this year!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ha, it made my heart glow to see the SNES come up on the list just then :lol: .

Ratso - Yeah, I picked up PES the other week on Xbox one and while, yes, yet again it’s probably the best football game out there, the content feels even more hamstrung again this year. Some of the faces are comical (they will become outstanding as the year progresses I’m sure) the lack of different grounds feels like a familiar ache once again that just brings the whole long game experience down.

Even if there were more fake grounds, it would at least make it feel like you were playing away.

Also, something else that wasn’t addressed, is the lack of a decent editor on the Xbox. You still can’t edit club badges, League logo’s or add shirt sponsors.

Soooo, to add to your point, I think I’ll be double dipping in the football front too. With a portable Swicth version of FIFA the second sauce on the chip.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I think I might very well buy a SNES Classic Mini if I can find one at my local store. I wasn't too crazy about the NES one, but the games lineup seems more appealing to me this time around. The inclusion of any of the Japan-only SNES Fire Emblem titles would have turned this into an absolute must-buy, however!
Suits

Post by Suits »

KSubzero1000 wrote: September 25th, 2017, 10:32 am I think I might very well buy a SNES Classic Mini if I can find one at my local store. I wasn't too crazy about the NES one, but the games lineup seems more appealing to me this time around. The inclusion of any of the Japan-only SNES Fire Emblem titles would have turned this into an absolute must-buy, however!
Try and get hold of a Japanese version man, that one comes with a FE: Mystery of the Emblem :) .
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Thanks, but I meant an officially translated version. I can already play the original japanese games. :)

EDIT: And besides, Mystery is easily the least interesting one of the three, not to mention it's already been remade.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Pinball FX3 is out this week, I can't wait!

Anyone going to try Fortnite Battle Royale which is also out tomorrow? Free download, so I'll definitely have a look. It's going to be a long while before PUBG comes to PS4 so I'm interested to see how this does.
James

Post by James »

Hob is form Torchlight devs, Runic Games. Might be worth a look, though I know very little else about it.

Sine Mora was great on Vita, so hopefully will be equally so on Switch. Ruiner looks right up my street, but Cuphead has somewhat stolen all my attention. :-D
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

A notification rather than a correction but just seen that Golf Story is also out on Switch this week. It looks like a really cool...golf-based JRPG...
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Oh nice, it's been given a release date! Good stuff.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - XBO, PS4
Battle Chasers: Nightwar - PC, PS4, NS
Batman: The Enemy Within – Episode 2 - PC, PS4, XBO
Divided We Fall - PC
Battle Chasers: Nightwar - PC, NS, PS4, XBO
Culdcept Revolt - 3DS
Forza Motorsport 7 - PC, XBO
A Hat in Time - PC, PS4, XBO
Axiom Verge - NS
Raiden V: Director’s Cut - PC, PS4
Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone’s Conspiracy - 3DS
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 3DS

All information taken from VG247 and Wikipedia. Could all be guff.

Wish A Hat in Time was on Switch!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I've been looking at the Dragons Dogma (yet another!?) re-release. It's a good price at £20 on Amazon. What's the general consensus on that game? I played a tiny bit on PS3 years back and enjoyed the hour or so I played but never really put any effort in to sticking with it. It's pretty well regarded, isn't it? I'm always up for a decent action RPG.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Dragon's Dogma fantastic. I'm a huge fan of it. One of my favourite games of the previous generation. The combat is really great. It's fast and fluid, and has a great feel to it. All the character classes have a bunch of great skills to use. Even being a caster is great fun and has a real punch to it. The larger monsters are a blast to fight too, with how you can climb all over them to hit weak spots kind of similarly to Shadow of the Colossus. You can also cut off part, etc. that can change their behaviour and give you an edge.

The pawn system is pretty fun too. It's satisfying to build up your perfect party using pawns that other people thought were good, and seeing how they turn out. I also like their chatty personalities. Some people find it annoying, and you can tell them to not yap on quite so much if you want, but I thought their little quips were amusing.

Some stuff about it is rough around the edges though. The story is basically non-existent until you get right near the end. Even then, it's not amazing. It throws in one semi-interesting plot twist, but that's about it. It can also be a little annoying making your way around the world at the early game, but I find that soon resolves itself once you pick up a few portcrystals, which was something they added in the Dark Arisen version. So make sure to use those. The world itself too is kind of small, despite the slightly awkward navigation. But generally I find the flaws to be pretty minor, and the sheer pleasure of combat makes up for all of it.

It also has a great soundtrack too.

Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I've heard so much great stuff about Dragon's Dogma over the last few years from the likes of CJ and the Bonfireside Chat guys. I even started listening to the C&R show on it but stopped due to spoilers. I'm really looking forward to it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Stardew Valley with a surprise Switch release this week!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Will be getting Episode 2 of Batman today :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition- NS
Arktika.1 - Oculus Rift
Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online - PS4
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - PC, PS4, XBO
Raid: World War II - PS4, XBO
Tiny Barbarian DX - NS
The Evil Within 2 - PC, PS4, XBO
The Flame in the Flood - NS
Age of Empires Definitive Edition - PC
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Well tempted by what I've seen of The Flame In The Flood.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I'm tempted to impulse-buy TEW2, but after my disappointment in the first one, I think I'll rather wait for a complete version later down the line. Definitely on my radar, though!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Stanshall wrote: October 8th, 2017, 8:02 pm Well tempted by what I've seen of The Flame In The Flood.
I watched Sips from the Yogscast play it what feels like years ago.

For me, I think it’s one of those games I enjoying watching but not actually playing.

Don’t Starve was one that a similar fate.