What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Stanshall

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by Stanshall »

Psyvariar Boyz, I've also only just realised that there's an extra ship available as DLC. I'd seen another ship in the rankings but thought I'd unlock it or something. I don't know how much it'll cost in the EU but it's the eponymous Cybattler from the 1993 arcade game. Looks like a Transformer and handles and shoots quite differently, and seems to have a rechargeable shield. It's a fun addition. Just had a couple of rounds with him/her.

I also heard (as Joshi posted in the Psyvariar thread) that more stages and stuff are coming in an update. Can't wait!
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

I should have been all over Valkyria 4 this week but I'm waiting until I finish Horizon before buying anything that could pull me away from it.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The Walking Dead for me.

I have the season pass and Episode 1 ended on a hell of a cliffhanger plus I have heard a character is returning from season 1!. Gutted to hear about Telltale by the way.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote: September 24th, 2018, 12:20 am Bad news: https://www.pcgamer.com/clementines-voi ... nfinished/
I will make my own ending up then. We will probably end up getting something like this:

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

:D :lol: :(
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Fire Pro Wrestling World is also out this week according to Amazon, and I for one can't wait.

Looking forward to kicking some arse as my LIJ homeboys!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

dezm0nd wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 11:49 am Psyvariar Delta - NS, PS4
Could someone perhaps share the source for the western release date? Because I can't find it anywhere on the EU PS Store and the only news I can find are about the japanese release. Am I missing anything obvious here?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No, it’s not out in Europe yet on Switch, Steam or PS4. Not sure why it was listed as this week.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Originally meant to be out in August and several google/bing searches suggest 25th Sept.

Must be one of those games which fly under the radar of most media outlets so search results don’t get updated as often, if at all
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Sorry to hear the listing was wrong, gents. I'll definitely still be on it by the time it comes out over here, though. It's taking over my mind...
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: September 27th, 2018, 6:21 am Sorry to hear the listing was wrong, gents. I'll definitely still be on it by the time it comes out over here, though. It's taking over my mind...
Well, no big deal. I started Hollow Knight to keep me occupied in the meantime and I'd love to hear your thoughts on Survival if you get the chance! :)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I was mighty tempted by Hollow Knight yesterday evening (it appears to be only 15 Euros?) but unfortunately I abhor platformers. Let us know how it goes.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

KSubzero1000 wrote: September 27th, 2018, 7:31 am
Stanshall wrote: September 27th, 2018, 6:21 am Sorry to hear the listing was wrong, gents. I'll definitely still be on it by the time it comes out over here, though. It's taking over my mind...
Well, no big deal. I started Hollow Knight to keep me occupied in the meantime and I'd love to hear your thoughts on Survival if you get the chance! :)
I definitely will get back to that. PS4 is back in the spare bedroom at the moment but I'll be dipping in here and there.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hollow Knight came out for PS4 a couple of days ago, but I can't find any reviews for it to see whether it's a good version or not. It's only £11.50 something though, so I think I'm just going to grab it anyway.

EDIT: Oh I should read posts before posting! How is it, Ksub?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Alex79uk wrote: September 27th, 2018, 6:40 pm How is it, Ksub?
From the little I have played of it, it's not bad. Very atmospheric but somewhat simplistic.

The PS4 version is solid as far as I can tell. We do have a dedicated HK thread in case you wanna read some slightly more informed opinions than mine on the game itself.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh yeah thanks I've read a lot of that, just wondered if the port was a good job.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There’s no reason why it wouldn’t be. Out on XO as well.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I’m almost 20 hours into Hollow Knight on Switch. Really enjoying it. The only serious challenge seems to be boss fights once you work out what’s going on,. I think it would feel great with a Dual Shock.

Anyway, there’s an open beta of SoulCalibre VI out on PS4 and Xbox tomorrow from 4pm, but it’s online now to download (at least on the PlayStation Store).
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Yeah the XBO download is there as well (though you might need to store search to find it).

It’s just going to be the ranked online versus mode, and not all the characters, but it’ll be enough to get a feel for it.