What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
KSubzero1000

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yes you will, I believe in you!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Looking forward to getting stuck in to DS3 at some point, although I have an abandoned playthrough of DS2:SotFS to get through first!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

There's a Prey demo out now! I thought it was alright. Loved the setting and premise but the playing of it left me a little cold.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Tumbleseed - Switch, PS4, PC
Prey - XB1, PS4, PC
The Caligula Effect - Vita
Super Rude Bear Ressurection - PS4, XB1, PC
World to the West - PC, XB1, PS4, Wii U

Info taken from the Gamespot.com video.
https://www.gamespot.com/videos/new-rel ... 0-6438458/
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Prey sounds like it might have quietly and without much fanfare delivered something good...
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I had zero interest in Tumbleseed until this week's TCGS and David really sold it in an intriguing way. I want to know how it changes, basically.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Birthdays the Beginning - PC, PS4
BUTCHER - PS4, XB1
LocoRoco Remastered - PS4
NBA Playgrounds - PC, PS4, XB1, NS
Strafe - PC, PS4
Minecraft - NS
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I find it odd Loco Roco isn't coming to Vita, too. I'd love to play that again on handheld with trophies etc

Fortunately I still have my PSP copies, but you know - I want the remaster!
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

It's only the first game getting remastered right?

Suprised it's not a collection and I'm not sure they'll release the second separately.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, same with Parappa really. They could have done a bundle.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I think I'm going to pick Minecraft up on the Switch.

I'm a big fan and have been playing on PC since the BETA but have dropped off quite a bit in the last few years.

The Switch with its unGodly ability to turn a spare five minutes into a serious gaming session on the sofa with crap TV on, may well be the ultimate device to build a new utopia on.

The chunk distance looks pretty dire mind but that said when on ground level it's not really that noticeable.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I've basically never played Minecraft because I don't have a PC and never really considered it for a console before. I did think about it for 3DS actually, I thought that would be perfect but apparently not, so I never bothered.

Sure enough, I bought the Switch version as soon as I woke up. Really looking forward to sinking the rest of my life into it from high upon my ivory tower, which is what I call the shitter. It's another game which I feel will be perfect for the Switch. I almost feel like a marketeer with this repetitive shtick but it's true.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Farpoint - PSVR
Injustice 2 - PS4, XB1
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy - PC, Vita
The Surge - PC, PS4, XB1
Bokida: Heartfelt Reunion - PC
Thumper - NS
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - 3DS
Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island - PC, PS4, XB1
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Cautiously optimistic about Echoes... Hopefully it'll be a return to form for the series.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Stanshall wrote: May 12th, 2017, 8:01 am Sure enough, I bought the Switch version as soon as I woke up.
How you finding it man ??

I've sunk a good 10+ hours into it so far with my mate in our Multiplayer world.

Just going through the early stage motions at the moment but it's all good, one of the best stages of MC is creating a sustainable base and amassing resources. Food, armour, mob/XP farmer, shelter and a good mine is all sorted. We're just building a diamond stack then we're going to attsck the Nether and get some potions ready for the End.

Feel free to jump in and join us if you fancy a snoop about or want to help out. I've set the world so friends can join freely.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Suits wrote: May 14th, 2017, 11:41 am
Stanshall wrote: May 12th, 2017, 8:01 am Sure enough, I bought the Switch version as soon as I woke up.
How you finding it man ??

I've sunk a good 10+ hours into it so far with my mate in our Multiplayer world.

Just going through the early stage motions at the moment but it's all good, one of the best stages of MC is creating a sustainable base and amassing resources. Food, armour, mob/XP farmer, shelter and a good mine is all sorted. We're just building a diamond stack then we're going to attsck the Nether and get some potions ready for the End.

Feel free to jump in and join us if you fancy a snoop about or want to help out. I've set the world so friends can join freely.
Thanks man, I definitely will jump in once I've started to get my head round it. Unbelievable really but I've never played it before and I had no idea about the vast majority of the things you can actually do in the game. I think I thought it was just Creative Mode basically, plus grinding/mining for materials. I didn't know anything else, like the combat or enemies or any endgame or redstone.

I managed to dig a hole out in the side of a mountain, made a bed and crafting table and a couple of chests. I've now expanded that a bit to a nice glass fronted property. I went down a bit mine and got scared, very claustrophobic and then some skeleton started shooting arrows at me and a zombie killed me. The existence of these horrible buggers gave me the fear. Great game!

Apologies if I sound like a total noob, I haven't paid much attention to it in the past eight years! Good old Switch.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Have Injustice 2 pre-ordered, really looking forward to it as I'm a big DC fan. I've avoided most of the stuff about Farpoint but interested to see how it scores.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - WiiU
Disgaea 5 Complete - NS
Embers of Mirrim - PC, PS4
Impact Winter - PC
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception - PS4, PSVita
Vanquish - PC
Drive Girls - PSVita
Friday The 13th: The Game - PC, PS4, XBO
Get Even - PC, PS4, XBO
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.2 - PS4, PS3
Rime - PC, PS4, XBO
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada - PS4, PC
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - NS
Suits

Post by Suits »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: April 28th, 2017, 3:10 am Dangun Feveron (PS4 - Japan PSN only) - NOW!
:lol: :lol: Every time I open this thread on this page, I read that as Duncan Ferguson :lol: :lol: .
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I wish that Vanquish remaster whatever it is was on PS4/XB1 as well, I'd love that.