Gunpoint - Cane and Rinse 145

Archive for issues 101 - 150
JaySevenZero
Admin

Gunpoint - Cane and Rinse 145

Post by JaySevenZero » September 14th, 2014, 11:23 am

“i borrowed this phone from a sex worker and i haven’t figured out how to do capitals on it yet”

Tom Francis’ Gunpoint is, by its author’s own admission, not the most appropriately named game ever released. However the former PC Gamer journo’s debut title is a well-received and well-worth discussing 2D stealth/puzzle/action game. Leon, James, Josh and Ryan discover the joys of trousers that can make you leap like a flea and take no fall damage, while our community correspondents celebrate the satisfying shenanigans provided by the ability to completely rewire a hostile office complex on the fly.

Additional audio used in this show is as follows:

Track 1: ‘Round Gunpoint by Francesco Cerda
Track 2: Cold Halls and Footfalls / Cold Halls and Footfalls (Crosslink) by Ryan Ike
Track 3: Subterfuge Shuffle / Subterfuge Shuffle (Crosslink) by Ryan Ike
Track 4: Main Theme (Melancholia) by John Robert Matz
Track 5: Defenestraight to My Heart by Ryan Ike

Cane and Rinse 145 was edited by Ryan Hamann.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

macstat

Re: Gunpoint - Cane and Rinse 145

Post by macstat » January 5th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Just finished playing it. I could say that it took me by surprise how funny it was. That it was true sandbox where i could play around and try different ideas. I could talk about how great music was, and how i loved how it changed when i was rewiring everything. But i think that this will describe my experience best:
A case of crossed wires

10 dead. 33 injured. 20 jobs. $13,000. The week echoed in my mind like something that happened in the last week.

They don't let me name names on this blog, but the person behind the hit I was investigating is probably being picked up by the East Point police about now.

I, er, may have killed more people than I actually avenged here.

The trigger man's going down. That would have felt good if I hadn't just taken a seven story body slam.

I don't know.

I guess I picked the least shitty of two incredibly shitty sides.

Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe all that matters is that I now have the ability to kick down doors.

Either way, I need a drink.