Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt - Cane and Rinse 148

Archive for issues 101 - 150
JaySevenZero
Admin

Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt - Cane and Rinse 148

Post by JaySevenZero » October 5th, 2014, 3:39 pm

"Your team has trained hard, and I have every confidence you'll get the job done."

WASD and mouse fingers are flexed as Leon, Tony and Karl revisit Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, the game that to all intents and purposes begat monster franchise Call of Duty. Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers are duly namechecked as this Spielberg/2015/EA production from a time when immersive World War II first-person shooters offered a relatively fresh experience.

Additional audio used in this show is as follows:

Track 1: Main Theme by Michael Giacchino
Track 2: Sturmgeist by Michael Giacchino

Cane and Rinse 148 was edited by Sean O'Brien.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Nekemancer

Re: Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt - Cane and Rinse 148

Post by Nekemancer » October 14th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Enjoyed the show as usual! It sounds like my inability to complete the game was a huge plus. I only was able to reach the start of the sniper level, and apparently missed the worst of it.

I should correct myself and say that I felt that gun noises and general shooty feeling wasn't quite right instead of saying that it actually wasn't. I still think it didn't quite feel or sound especially authentic, but I'm no expert.

However, I stand by my judgement of the jumping! It feels so bad to jump that I never wanted to. Which is saying something for me. I'm fond of good 1st and 3rd person jumps. I will gladly embrace the title of jump aficionado.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » October 14th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Thanks Nekemancer, and thanks for your contribution too. You're almost certainly right by the way!
Hope you took our gentle ribbing in the way it was intended :)

Nekemancer

Post by Nekemancer » October 15th, 2014, 11:21 am

Of course, all in good fun! I get harsher ribbing from my friends and family anyway. :P