Sound of Play: 98

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 98

Post by JaySevenZero »

Welcome to our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

This community-centric show’s presenter was Leon Cox with community contributions from brazenhead89, Mechner, CODEMONKEY, Todinho, Sam_What, Yacobg 42, Tbone 254, genuinebrag and hornash

Track listing for this show is as follows:

1: Shuffler in the Dark by Katsuhiko Suzuki/Norio Hanzawa - Guardian Heroes, 1996
2: The Place I'll Return to Someday by Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy IX, 2000
3: Intro by André Bescond - Vroom, 1991
4: Solitude (Main Menu Theme) by Akitaka Tohyama/Taku Inoue/Rio Hamamoto/Nobuyoshi Sano/Keiichi Okabe - Tekken 7, 2015
5: Heart-Softening by Miki Higashino/Keiko Fukami - Genso Suikoden II, 1998
6: Red Carpet Extend-o-Matic by Kyle Gabler - World of Goo, 2008
7: Bubble Dragon: A Bubble Bobble Tribute by 7Bit Hero (Hans van Vliet, Phil Evans and Richie Young) - Original by Tadashi Kimijima, 2014
8: Woodtick by Michael Land/Peter McConnell/Clint Bajakian
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition, 1991,2010
9: Power Plant by Simon Viklund - Bionic Commando Rearmed, 2008

Sound of Play: 98 was edited by Jay Taylor

Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to the thread at the top of this forum and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead
CODEMONKEY

Re: Sound of Play: 98

Post by CODEMONKEY »

Another great show Leon, firmly lodged in my phone and played on repeat. For the record I do like the Amiga very much and was so close to buying an Amiga 1200 recently. But the ST will always have a place in my heart as it was the one I grew up with. Keep up the good work.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks CM!
:)
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Hearing Woodtick again took me back to being a little kid. Monkey Island and its sequel were some of my first games and remain favourites.

That's what I particularly like about the Special Edition orchestrations; for the most part they capture the sound I imagined in my head when playing through the original versions. Something about that peculiarly farty brass riff really captures the daft tone of the series.