Sound of Play: 152

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 152

Post by JaySevenZero »

Welcome to our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

Joining host Leon Cox for Sound of Play 152 is writer and podcaster for TrueTrophy and TrueAchievement Sam Quirke along with community contributions from Bloody Initiate, Yourfriendmarcus, cupraymyun, Srgtsilent and an original track courtesy of Chris (aka Time).

What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.

Track listing for this show is as follows:

1: Theme from Vice City by Lex Horton – Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, 2002

2: Self Esteem Fund by Kelly Bailey – Portal, 2007

3: Istanbul by Jesper Kyd – Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, 2011

4: My Wonderful Room by Shogo Sakai – Mother 3, 2006

5: Twilight Sniping by Norihiko Hibino – Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, 2001

6: Dearly Beloved (Original Version) by Yoko Shimomura – Kingdom Hearts, 2002

7: Auriel’s Ascension by Jeremy Soule – The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, 2006

8: Hope’s Theme – Tomorrow’s Dream by Masashi Hamauzu – Final Fantasy XIII-2, 2011

9: 8-Bit Memories by Time (ft. Xiu Xiu) – 2014

10: Alola Region Theme (Jazz Cover) by insaneintherainmusic, originally composed by Minako Adachi – Pokémon Sun & Moon, 2016

Sound of Play: 152 was edited by Jay Taylor

Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to the thread at the top of this forum and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.

You can subscribe using Apple Podcasts or you can just simply download from here instead.
KSubzero1000

Re: Sound of Play: 152

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I just got around to finish listening to this. Great show! Very nice track selection and contribution from kintaris. Looking forward to potential future Pokémon episodes, then! :)
kintaris

Re: Sound of Play: 152

Post by kintaris »

KSubzero1000 wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 12:06 pm I just got around to finish listening to this. Great show! Very nice track selection and contribution from kintaris. Looking forward to potential future Pokémon episodes, then! :)
Thanks! And yes, me too - a good excuse to fill up my Pokédex properly, should those episodes come to pass!