An interview with Denis Dyack

Here's where you can find our audio interviews
JaySevenZero
Admin

An interview with Denis Dyack

Post by JaySevenZero » October 8th, 2015, 3:45 pm

The incomparable creator of Eternal Darkness and Too Human breaks radio silence to offer us this searingly honest interview.

Leon and James are joined by Denis Dyack and Phil Haymes of multimedia innovators Quantum Entanglement for this rare chat. Over the course of more than three hours Denis takes us from Silicon Knights’ earliest endeavours, through the machinations of relationships with Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft right down to the specifics of his working relationship with the likes of Kojima and Miyamoto.

Denis also bares all about the disappointment of Silicon Knights’ final release, X-Men Destiny, the failed Kickstarters and even responds to us challenging his public support of the GamerGate movement.

Finally, Denis and Phil explain to us what their exciting and ambitious new initiatives with Quantum Entanglement entail, and what the future holds for the pair.
You really do not want to miss this one.

Our sincere thanks again to Denis for contacting us out of the blue and suggesting that we record a show with him and Phil.

Music used in this podcast:

Intro and outro music is Elzevir the Dollmaker from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain by Steve Henifin

An Interview with Denis Dyack was edited by James Carter.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Suits

Re: An interview with Denis Dyack

Post by Suits » November 28th, 2015, 10:48 am

This was incredible. Big Kudos to Denis for coming on and talking about things.

Great insight into the goings on, trials and tribulations and politics of game making.

I bought Too Human on release and was hyped to play it.

Back then I wasn't really into the gaming scene background as much as I am now and wasn't aware of the frill and bubbly fat that surround the game or even Denis, I just knew of this big game that was coming out, it's theme and general ideas.

I can definitely remember it supposedly being 4 player though and being miffed when it wasn't and I can also remember not being too pleased with the camera.

I put some hours into it, tried playing some multiplayer with a mate, then leaving it. I even tried to go back to it but it just wasn't happening.

Great podcast interview this, really insightful.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: An interview with Denis Dyack

Post by ratsoalbion » November 28th, 2015, 11:41 am

Thanks, Suits.
:)