An Interview with C Y Reid, creator of Escape Pod

Here's where you can find our audio interviews
JaySevenZero
Admin

An Interview with C Y Reid, creator of Escape Pod

Post by JaySevenZero » May 22nd, 2013, 8:27 am

A couple of months ago James Carter (@iwatttfodiwwfa) recorded an interview with C.Y. Reid, also known as failnaut.

It took him a little longer than it should to edit the three hour conversation down to something slightly less than half that, but here it is.

As such Apologies and thanks go to C.Y., whose games (including the newly released Escape Pod) can be found over on his blog failnaut.com. All music used in the interview (the usual Cane And Rinse themes aside) was created by C.Y. himself for his first game, Hug Marine.

Hopefully you find the interview as fascinating as James did. If you’re interested in learning how to make games, or have any questions relating to the interview you can contact James here at Cane And Rinse, or C.Y. on his Twitter account, @failnaut.

Enjoy!

An Interview with C Y Reid was edited by James Carter.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Todinho

Re: An Interview with C Y Reid, creator of Escape Pod

Post by Todinho » May 22nd, 2013, 10:11 pm

Just finnished listenning,really interesting interview and quite inspirational as well I never played a game by @failnaut but now I interested to try.

mikeleddy83

Re: An Interview with C Y Reid, creator of Escape Pod

Post by mikeleddy83 » May 29th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Todinho wrote:Just finnished listenning,really interesting interview and quite inspirational as well I never played a game by @failnaut but now I interested to try.
Totally agree, really enjoyed it. Just completed hug marine and had a fun time with it (hopefully there wasn't a secret section I missed)!

Still, when you say interested to try does that extend to making a game?

Brilliant link to some very helpful tools in there: www.Codecademy.com, nice to hear a mention of Newgrounds too (I'd link my stuff but it would do me no favours :lol:).

---

Btw Jay, I found your missing links:
[/b]