The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask - Cane and Rinse 222

Archive for issues 201 - 250
JaySevenZero
Admin

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask - Cane and Rinse 222

Post by JaySevenZero » May 22nd, 2016, 9:39 am

“Goddess of Time, help us please! We need more time!”

In our sixth podcast covering Nintendo’s fantasy series, we come to 2000’s The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask. Leon, Ryan, Michiel Kroder (as well as an audio contribution from Leah Haydu) are your panel as we attempt to cram everything we need to say about this densest of games into a single three day cycle.

Eiji Aonuma’s full directorial debut provokes a wide array of responses to the game’s various, often unusual facets. Of course we also consider the significant and substantial changes made to the game by GREZZO and Nintendo for the 2015 3DS rerelease of the game.

Please note: We had so much to say about this particular game and so did our community. As such – in order to stick to our self-imposed two hour time limit for the podcast – a swathe of fascinating listener correspondence is now available as a “podcast offcut” over on the Cane and Rinse YouTube channel. Do check it out.

Music used in this issue:

Track 1: Title Theme by Koji Kondo.
Track 2: Last Day by Koji Kondo.
Track 3: Mayor's Meeting by Koji Kondo.

Cane and Rinse 222 was edited by Ryan Hamann.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

KissMammal

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask - Cane and Rinse 222

Post by KissMammal » May 23rd, 2016, 8:04 pm

Great episode guys - I'm tempted to say it's one of the best episodes of C&R ever in my opinion. I loved how deep the discussion got of a game I always found fascinating on a conceptual level, but could never enjoy playing for reasons covered pretty well by the podcast.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » May 23rd, 2016, 8:27 pm

Thanks KM, I feel like this one turned out pretty well.

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K » June 6th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Thank you KissMammal. Majora's Mask is a funny one, isn't it? Thoroughly respected, but not completely loved and embraced.

gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto » November 24th, 2016, 12:25 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw someone else post this Majora's Mask fan-film to the forum a couple days ago, but I couldn't find the post. I just watched it (it's only about 5 minutes) and it's fantastic! Really captures the spirit of the game well and it looks beautiful. If you liked the game/podcast, I think it's worth your time.