Call of Duty

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Call of Duty

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here is where you can leave your thoughts regarding Call of Duty (2003) for possible inclusion in the podcast when it's recorded.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Call of Duty

Post by ratsoalbion »

This is Call of Duty (aka CoD Classic) from 2003 - following up our previous Medal of Honor: Allied Assault podcast.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of ... ideo_game)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

ratsoalbion wrote:This is Call of Duty (aka CoD Classic) from 2003 - following up our previous Medal of Honor: Allied Assault podcast.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of ... ideo_game)
What he said! :D
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Is the one that was rereleased on the PS3/360 a few years ago?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That's right.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

The first Call of Duty was fantastic! It was the first WWII shooter I enjoyed since Medal of Honor: Frontline. It helped that I had just recently watched HBO's Band of Brothers and the game almost felt like an adaptation of that show. While I haven't played the first Call of Duty game in over a decade, I remember the massive battles, fighting through troops to get into towns, storming hallways and the squad based combat that seemed to have so much personality then.

It was (I think) the last episode of the American side that I remember the most, having to hold out while waiting for reinforcements. And that help never seemed to come. It was a stressful but exciting mission and it left me ready to start the next missions with all new countries. A real blockbuster for it's time.