Marvel Puzzle Quest

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by JaySevenZero » December 31st, 2017, 4:36 pm

Here's where you can leave your thoughts regarding Marvel Puzzle Quest for possible inclusion in the podcast when it's recorded.

kintaris

Re: 314: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by kintaris » January 9th, 2018, 12:47 am

Well, I sort of hate whoever decided to put this on the setlist this year.

Marvel Puzzle Quest is the only match-3, microtransaction-laden mobile game that ever got its claws into me and I have no idea why. I deleted it a long time ago.

Seeing it on the Cane and Rinse schedule compelled me to take another look,to see if I couldn't work out the secret sauce that made me get addicted to this game in particular.

It's been at least a solid 6 hours cumulatively since I reinstalled. I still don't know why I'm hooked, but it's now approaching 1am and here I am mulling over my superhero roster and deciding who needs replacing. (Sorry, Cap, you're not pulling your weight)

A heartfelt curse on whoever is responsible for this. May all of your tokens be Standard. ;)
Sam Quirke - @kintaris

ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: 314: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by ratsoalbion » January 9th, 2018, 9:52 am

You need to direct your ire at Mr Karl Moon.

Bakers_12

Re: Our next podcast recording (7.4.18) - 314: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by Bakers_12 » April 3rd, 2018, 10:33 pm

Played this for months then lost all progress deleted it
"Skip to the End"

Simonsloth

Re: Our next podcast recording (7.4.18) - 314: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by Simonsloth » April 6th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Puzzle quest games historically have been right up my street so having fallen out of love with mobile games I was hoping this would be the one that brought be back.

Unfortunately it’s not what I hoped it would be. I wonder if there’s an element of being a latecomer to the marvel puzzle quest party as I find the number of flashing icons and pop ups overwhelming. I suspect this is how new Destiny or Pokemon go players feel in that the slowly added content has been drip fed over the years so easier to process. To switch either of these games on now would be overwhelming I’m sure.

The basic game seems fine but i find the window dressing turns me away. Now the moment I load it up on my phone I almost always close it after one game and load up the cane and rinse forum instead which is far more compelling.

stvnorman

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by stvnorman » April 9th, 2018, 10:13 pm

I love a match-three, but this had way too much crap going on around the core gameplay to keep me playing for long. What I did appreciate was its colourblind-friendly design, which has often put paid to many a similar game for me. I’m just not into Marvel enough to have persevered I guess.
PSN Profile: stvnorman
And please visit my retro gaming blog, retroarcadia.blog!

ThirdMan

Re: Marvel Puzzle Quest

Post by ThirdMan » April 16th, 2018, 8:41 pm

I pressed play on the podcast earlier, never having heard of this game before. 10 minutes later and I was sold. I'm at that giddy, new game shine stage, which often doesn't last after the initial excitement dies down. But I'm certainly having a good time right now. The match-3 gameplay isn't something I normally go for however the Marvel bells and whistles have their hooks in me. As always, and like all of these free to play games, I'll make my way through the beginner, single player content, then put it aside when I feel like I'm on the verge of putting a stupid amount of money into it (I managed to quit Hearthstone before my ability to pay rent became a factor). But I'll enjoy this for what it is. Thanks to the C&R team for switching me onto it!