Evolve

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
jbtheskater

Evolve

Post by jbtheskater »

Has anyone picked up Evolve on the XboxOne who fancies arranging some co-op multiplayer?
alastairadon

Re: Evolve Multiplayer

Post by alastairadon »

Haven't got an Xbox one so can't join you but I am playing on PS4 and looking for potential fellow hunters/monsters. I think this game will benefit a lot from a good team of like-minded friends. Warning: I currently suck. Going to have to invest some proper time in to this one I think!
Lego Solo

Re: Evolve

Post by Lego Solo »

What's it like? I keep walking passed it in the shops telling myself I have a backlog to get through. But having a good co op experience aimed game is something I've missed for ages.
jbtheskater

Post by jbtheskater »

I do not acknowledge the back catalogue. If I did, I mean if I actually sat down and worked through my spread sheet of games, it would induce a state gameplay paralysis whereby I would stare at the list and play not a single game in the course of deciding which to play. Sorry, I digress.

Evolve! It's good. Actually, it's very good. The whole game is underpinned by superb balancing. Getting this wrong could have been fatal to the experience but Turtle Rock have done an outstanding job. With such a slight margin for error in this regard, the aplomb with which they have executed the 4 vs. 1 combat scenario is to be applauded. A well coordinated team of hunters against a tactical monster leads to a tense and close battle each and every time. The way in which the hunters' individual skills complement each other is smart and well thought out.

Gameplay and character control feels tight and well refined. The guns all feel well powered without feeling overpowered. your character feels both powerful and vulnerable in equal measures.

I spent the weekend playing it and for the first time since maybe R6 Vegas 2/L4d (on consoles) people seem to be chatting, without being obnoxiously offensive. I have played a fair few games with randomly matched people who I have continued to play with following our chance encounters. On first impressions, the community seems pleasant and well invested in what the game is trying to achieve.

I would absolutely recommend this, and if you are on Xbox then please get in touch, I have quite a few friends already playing it so happy to get people involved!

Bring a mic!
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Well thanks for making my decision just that little bit harder. And the fact that I have 9 days holiday starting Saturday and it's also payday means, don't be surprised if you suddenly get a new follower.
jbtheskater

Post by jbtheskater »

I do not think it is a decision you will regret should you choose to take it. Played some more last night and again, found myself amongst three strangers having a good laugh and a good chat. I am really enjoying this game more and more with each round! My gamertag is listed, so feel free to add and invite!
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Keep an eye for Lego solo popping up. I take it your gamer tag is the same as yours on here?
jbtheskater

Post by jbtheskater »

It is indeed!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Hi Gents. Yesterday I was the lucky recipient of a copy of Evolve for Xbox One for my birthday (thirtybloodytwo.....what happened to my youth.....) and I am definitely up for a bit of co-op action! I've not even taken it out of the plastic wrapper yet, but am hoping to get on tonight.

If you don't mind an Evolve novice joining in (I'm a fast learner!) then watch out for a friend request from Cpt Rip Murdock!
jbtheskater

Post by jbtheskater »

Belated birthday wishes (less talk of the age, it's just a number after all!)!

Sounds good. Do not mistake me for anything other than a novice who has played a few more games! I am a pc counter-strike/L4D player at heart!
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Just ordered it from Amazon. Be here Friday. Probably be online sat as girlfriend is away for the weekend so free time to get stuck in if anyone is about.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

I ended up getting this free with my XBO yesterday. Would be up for trying it.