Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I've got a good feeling about this games return. No split between the systems and potentially usb adaptors to make 360 sticks compatible with the ps4.

Please post if you're looking for a fight!

Here's that awesome menu music to help you get hyped up.

Flabyo

Re: Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4)

Post by Flabyo »

Bought this one three times already, not happening again... (of course I don't have a PS4 so that makes it easier...)

I wonder, are they planning to run the Capcom tour events (and therefore EVO) on this build? Not seen anyone talking about that yet.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

They said it was the game of EVO but I think that was referential to last year, if it's not 100% Capcom I can see it being a point of contention. First reviews don't seem to state any issues apart from minor online lag which I presume will be patched. I'll never play competitively to a known capacity so it's not something I've personally thought about but the trailer vaguely covers that question too:

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Given Sony have put up most of the cash for the Capcom Pro Tour this year I'd be surprised if they didn't switch to playing on PS4 at some point. I guess it's a case of waiting to see if there are any nasty bugs in it before tournaments commit.

Watching MKX tournaments the PS4 does not cope well with people hot swapping controllers every match, seems like there's a lot of menu faffing required to do it. It's not very 'plug and play' like the 360 that most SF4 tournaments run on at the moment.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Multiple reports are emerging that in its current state PS4 Ultra has all the hallmarks of a shonky port by Sony. Here's hoping for swift and comprehensive patching, because I really want to play this with upgraded visuals, but only if it's 100% as good to play as the 360 version.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/05/26/ultra-s ... station-4/

http://shoryuken.com/2015/05/26/erratic ... -4-launch/

http://kotaku.com/ultra-street-fighter- ... 1707115481

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89686/ ... tiple-bugs
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Yeah, seen these articles popping up all over the place yet I dipped my toes into the online and I'm yet to see what are obviously huge issues, a single match (of 21) had a lag spike for about 2 seconds. I can't doubt there are issues but some of these bugs must be hard to recreate. I did notice many were avoiding the animal costumes which are meant to amplify the issue but with inevitable fixes coming and such a big influx of players making present arcade mode a single cpu enemy in rotation as the new challenger message constantly appears it's a double edged sword I'm willing to swallow.

Obviously I'll be eating my own words when the digital foundry article appears in a few days but personally it's not been the "mess" I've read it to be.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Im on holiday till next Monday and will be picking it up (again ;)) so feel free to add me.
Grimsgrams

Post by Grimsgrams »

Thought I'd chime in with a layman's view on the port to PS4 by saying that aside from the menus being slow and the quick match feature not seeming to work, I have had no issues with it. I've read that the ground textues are blurry and while I do agree, I can only really see it on the training stage and it doesn't bother me. My admittedly few online matches have been entirely acceptable too. I don't doubt that the people saying there are issues are right, but if you're a casual player like me, you might not even notice them.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Seems a bit of a shambles, maybe Capcom have phoned this in whilst concentrating on V.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Capcom let Sony handle the port, and they outsourced it to Other Ocean.

I assume that Dimps are working on SFV as they did SFIV, so I'm sort of surprised that there wasn't an internal Capcom team to handle PS4 Ultra.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Capcom don't really have any internal teams anymore. They're pretty small scale these days, and low on cash flow. They've been limping along for a couple of years now...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sounds like the patching has begun in earnest, with multiple improvements reported:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... =net-daily
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote:Sounds like the patching has begun in earnest, with multiple improvements reported:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... =net-daily
I bought it last night, not touched it yet though
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I bought it last night, not played it yet though
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm still on the game every day if you fancy a spar.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had a few rucks last night. The PS4 pad is bloody awful for it compared to the 360 so I'm going to invest in a stick. Any recommendations?
RobC

Post by RobC »

I got the licensed venom stick which works with ps3 & ps4. Understand I have no experience up to this point but I think it's great, I read around some reviews and even though it's lower on the cost scale I got the impression it held its chops.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I don't have a wide enough range of knowledge to make a solid recommendation but with my stick game starting to rival the pad I'll have to recommend the madcatz fightstick pro despite only being compatible with games pledging support to the third-party driver. Another caveat is that I bought it at less than half price and can't say it'll be a huge step up over RobC's recommendation especially considering that stick has native ps4 support, I'd personally have never bought it for over £100.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

We have an endless battle lobby open if anybody wants to join. Add either me, jinkkai or grimsgrams84 and we'll send an invite out.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Another small lobby open here, 5 slots available. Any takers?